Tracy S

IPS Biennial 2020

Tracy S

I understand the 2020 IPS Biennial will be held in Reunion Island. Do we have firm dates yet? When will the travel details be available?

mike in kurtistown

In our latest online directors' meeting 10 days ago, some of the principles involved in the planning were trying to meet over details. The word is that they are a few weeks away from finalizing the budget.

Tracy S

Mike, 

Thanks for the update. We will look forward to the details as they become available.

Jeff Searle
On ‎4‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 8:28 PM, Tracy S said:

I understand the 2020 IPS Biennial will be held in Reunion Island. Do we have firm dates yet? When will the travel details be available?

My God Tracy, Reunion Islands and Cuba later this year? Must be nice. LOl

Tracy S

It's like I'm living in a dream. Palms everywhere I go. And I'm going everywhere!

SW_FL_Palms

Last week of May 2020

Tracy S

Excellent. Thanks for the update.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Kim
      By Kim
      Hello from Cali, Colombia. It is the evening of the Farewell Dinner, but I will take a few minutes to post some pics from the adventure. Bo (bgl) and I spent a few days in Bogotá in advance of the Biennial. We visited the Jardín Botanico de Bogotá and also went up the teleférico to the top of Montserrate to take in views of the city. The elevation of the city is 8,675 ft. (2,644 m.) and the top of the hill is 10,341 ft. (3,152 m.), a good way to acclimate for hiking at lower levels to see Ceroxylon.

• Justin
      By Justin
      We're arranging a trip to Guatemala and Belize at the end of this month, and looking for any palm-related places that people recommend.  The tentative itinerary has us around Antigua, Lago Atitlan, Lago Peten Itza (near Tikal) - all in Guatemala, and Placencia, Belize.
      Any ideas for excursions to see palms in habitat would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance.
    • Kim
      By Kim
      Click this link to read the July Newsletter.  

• Kim
      By Kim
      I'm posting this in the main discussion forum to reach the broadest audience:
      IPS BIENNIAL 2016 REGISTRATION IS OPEN
      Registrations are coming in at a rapid clip for the Pre-Tour, Biennial, and Post-Tour.  Don't miss out!
      October 2015 IPS Newsletter
      Description and pricing, link to Registration page
      Anyone wishing to add information, photos, other discussion, please feel welcome. 
      Be aware this topic will eventually be moved to the Biennial section of the forum.
    • elHoagie
      By elHoagie
      I've finally sorted through my photos from the biennial, which I'll now post in more or less chronological order. I have IDs for almost everything, bug please correct any mistakes you see.

Our first stop was Highland Hammock State Park, which contains an amazing old growth forest. The mid day light was brutal for photos, but here's a couple (mainly with Sabal palmetto in them).