Sign in to follow this  
Eric in Orlando

Wednesday morning storm and deluge-over 3inches of rain

Eric in Orlando

Did anyone else in Central Florida get the deluge of rain Wed. morning? I came to work at Leu Garden at around 7:45am and it was storming and it rained very hard for over an hour. We got 3.15 inches here at the Garden. I live in Altamonte Springs about 12 miles north and hardly any rain. 

• Upvote 1

kinzyjr

Got some rain, but not anywhere near the deluge you got.

RedRabbit

Gorgeous day in Tampa. It's hard to believe the weather was so different on the east coast.

mdsonofthesouth

I know I'm not from Florida but we got 3in earlier in the week which is great cause I had just planted my first palmetto lol.

palmsOrl

I wouldn’t doubt we received 3-4” downtown yesterday.  We needed it and all the vegetation looks so perked up and healthy today.

Eric in Orlando

It was a much needed soaking.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• kinzyjr
      By kinzyjr
      Our summer meeting is tentatively scheduled for Saturday, June 12th, 2021.  Current plans are a visit to Leu Gardens in the morning and a lunch and nursery visit in the afternoon.  More details will be made available as they are finalized.

• Eric in Orlando
      By Eric in Orlando
      Licuala longipes or L. spinosa? It was acquired in 2004 at a South FL sale. Licuala longipes is supposed to be solitaire and trunkless. I have seen a couple others in FL also marked as L. longipes that look like this. Did some misidentified seed get distributed years ago? This is growing at Leu Gardens.

• Oviedo_z10b_lol
      By Oviedo_z10b_lol
      New guy here.
      Do any of my fellow central Floridians have any suggestions for good palm tree nurseries in and around Orlando? Somewhere with a solid selection and perhaps some rare or z10 palms. 
      Lukas Nursery is nice, albeit a bit overpriced. Apparently MB Palms is the go-to? 
      (Selfishly, the primary reason I ask... I’m looking for decent sized A. Cunninghamiana, B. Alfredi, and A. Engleri) BUT, I’m always keeping an eye out for new places to waste an afternoon and a few bucks. 
      Thanks in advance. 
    • Eric in Orlando
      By Eric in Orlando
      Stromanthe jacquinii is currently flowering at Leu Gardens. It is a tall growing Maranataceae that grows 5-7ft tall and is native from Nicaragua to Ecuador. It forms dense clumps and is very Heliconia-like. Its a great tropical plant for shady locations.