IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Free Trachycarpus seedlings

Palm crazy

I have some trachycarpus seedlings that I like to give away free to any blue state growers, sorry no foreign shipping.  Just PM me your address and I will send some out to you right away. Seedlings are a few years old. Thanks! 

Edited by Palm crazy
  • Like 5

3 hours ago, Palm crazy said:

I have some trachycarpus seedlings that I like to give away free to any blue state growers, sorry no foreign shipping.  Just PM me your address and I will send some out to you right away. Seedlings are a few years old. Thanks! 

So they're only up for folks who live in states that lean to the left? :rolleyes:

3 minutes ago, RJ said:

So they're only up for folks who live in states that lean to the left? :rolleyes:

Update: Forgot to add, if you live in a red state but live in a blue county or parish I will gladly send you some seedlings.  

RJ, not necessary after the blue states I could send to the Red States if any left.  these are Premo seedlings, large with good root systems. 

1 minute ago, Palm crazy said:

Update: Forgot to add, if you live in a red state but live in a blue county or parish I will gladly send you some seedlings.  

RJ, not necessary after the blue states I could send to the Red States if any left.  these are Premo seedlings, large with good root systems. 

Got it ;)

No blue counties in SC that I'm aware of :interesting: However, if they're any tailings left after the blue crowd finishes I would be grateful and would be more then happy to cover shipping :greenthumb:

• Like 1

All you have to do is ask or PM and I will send some to you... pm your address and how many you like, thanks! 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, RJ said:

yea RJ my state only leans to the right too.  It may be illegal to plant left palms in Texas!  :bemused:

• Upvote 2

PM sent. I’m in a left leaning county at least lol! 

• Upvote 1

Zone 8a/8b Greenville, NC 

Zone 9a/9b Bluffton, SC

14 hours ago, Jungle Yard said:

Do you know what species that is?  Thanks. 

Good ole Trachycarpus fortunei. 

Thanks, everyone for letting me have some fun with the Blue versus Red states. It all good and well would you looky here a few Red states did get in on the fun! 

Here are some of the seedling that will be going out soon.  They are all gone! 

You're all welcome, enjoy your new babies. 

Roger

DSC_0001.JPG

DSC_0002.JPG

Edited by Palm crazy
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

I'd like the one in the middle on the left :D

Seriously though, I  would like to thank you for your generosity :greenthumb:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RJ said:

I'd like the one in the middle on the left :D

Seriously though, I  would like to thank you for your generosity :greenthumb:

Your welcome and glad you got some. 

4 hours ago, Palm crazy said:

Good ole Trachycarpus fortunei

I dub thee Trachycarpus fortunei var. PalmCrazy from now on. 

1 hour ago, RJ said:

I dub thee Trachycarpus fortunei var. PalmCrazy from now on. 

I made sure yours are left of center palms. LOL! But no far left! LOL! 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

All palm seedlings are gone now. Thanks for taking these y'all. I hope you all enjoy your new palms...:D

Well, PC made good on the bold statement to ship 5 Trachycarpus fortunei var. PalmCrazy to a red state. They all arrived on Friday but I couldn’t get to potting them up until this afternoon ! I had run out of 2g pots and had to make an emergency run to pick some up at Wally world. 

Thank you very much, they’ll have a nice safe home! 

6BF4062F-1EA3-41F2-89AC-FE448B5E5F14.jpeg

5FF10898-976D-4D48-9C83-A72A9085998A.jpeg

Edited by RJ
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I don't know, I find the red state palms much more appealing than those blue state uglies...  :floor:

2wh1hxy.jpg

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, RJ said:

Well, PC made good on the bold statement to ship 5 Trachycarpus fortunei var. PalmCrazy to a red state. They all arrived on Friday but I couldn’t get to potting them up until this afternoon ! I had run out of 2g pots and had to make an emergency run to pick some up at Wally world. 

Thank you very much, they’ll have a nice safe home! 

6BF4062F-1EA3-41F2-89AC-FE448B5E5F14.jpeg

5FF10898-976D-4D48-9C83-A72A9085998A.jpeg

Glad you like them and they will give your garden lots of enjoyment thanks for the kind words. :D

• Like 1

Thank you for the palms! My mother will enjoy these for years!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Los Angeles, CA and Myrtle Beach, SC.