Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Ben in Norcal

New Greenhouse

Recommended Posts

Ben in Norcal

Just a hobby house for a back yard grower, but finally up and operational!

 

3FD0EF47-2642-4A3F-BCCC-5F3865CFE97E.jpeg

F8CC6890-294D-417D-B9CF-8F31E1066509.jpeg

6B53B638-2997-4CF2-8D22-6AF285F6803E.jpeg

C049D740-9D05-4E5E-9FFB-B4A30A2CDCC4.jpeg

1A8CA12B-DB58-41A2-AF91-B965D115261A.jpeg

  • Like 14
  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LJG

Just in time for winter :)

looks nice. You will find yourself living it once crammed with plants. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ben in Norcal
1 minute ago, LJG said:

Just in time for winter :)

looks nice. You will find yourself living it once crammed with plants. 

Ha ha ha!  Yeah, old man winter did a number on the old Harbor Freight 6x8.  These Palrams are a lot better quality.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rickybobby
48 minutes ago, Ben in Norcal said:

Ha ha ha!  Yeah, old man winter did a number on the old Harbor Freight 6x8.  These Palrams are a lot better quality.

Who makes it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ben in Norcal
2 minutes ago, Rickybobby said:

Who makes it?

Palram!  It's the Four Seasons Chalet. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rickybobby

Ok they are available in Canada! How is it in 60mph winds?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ben in Norcal
10 minutes ago, Rickybobby said:

Ok they are available in Canada! How is it in 60mph winds?

I just finished putting it up today.  It's pretty solid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Josue Diaz

very nice Ben! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
PalmatierMeg

Looks good, Ben. Wish I had a shadehouse as nice as that.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TomJ

That looks nice.

I like how you have in on the Trex board deck as well. No rot and water drainage.

That's been on my "do it next year" list for at least 5 years....

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LealPalms

Looks very nice. I bought one from Harbor freight and it is much cheaper quality. However, with a little reinforcement it has helped me propagate for about 2 years now! Did you get to put automatic vent openers/closer? Here in Miami it has helped so much in preventing mold and fungus growth due to high humidity. You might not need it.. Happy growing! B)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ben in Norcal
3 minutes ago, LealPalms said:

Looks very nice. I bought one from Harbor freight and it is much cheaper quality. However, with a little reinforcement it has helped me propagate for about 2 years now! Did you get to put automatic vent openers/closer? Here in Miami it has helped so much in preventing mold and fungus growth due to high humidity. You might not need it.. Happy growing! B)

I've put in one automatic opener, and it seems to be working well, so have another on order.  As you can see, also have a lot of air circulation in there - so hoping for fewer fungal problems than I had in my old Harbor Freight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RaychHasDatePalms

It's beautiful! Congrats! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LealPalms
2 hours ago, Ben in Norcal said:

I've put in one automatic opener, and it seems to be working well, so have another on order.  As you can see, also have a lot of air circulation in there - so hoping for fewer fungal problems than I had in my old Harbor Freight.

Yes I notice the fans. Will be great to keep circling the air. Any intensions on putting in overhead misting/irrigation systems? I ended up installing mine with a timer. Although when I had to hand water every day it was easier to catch any problems quickly.. The Pros and Cons!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ben in Norcal
Just now, LealPalms said:

Yes I notice the fans. Will be great to keep circling the air. Any intensions on putting in overhead misting/irrigation systems? I ended up installing mine with a timer. Although when I had to hand water every day it was easier to catch any problems quickly.. The Pros and Cons!

Nah, I am going to irrigate by hand as you say, to keep an eye on things.  Greenhouse culture has been a real struggle for me, so going to try and do it properly.  I'm hopeful that the larger size of this one will actually reduce problems/work.  We'll see!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×