• Similar Content

• PalmatierMeg
      By PalmatierMeg
      I germinated these seedlings several years ago. They are still tiny but hanging in there. I still have dozens of them. I believe they are D. madagascariensis v mahajanga but I need confirmation from a Dypsis afficionado. I got the seeds from @NatureGirl back in 2018 or so. They are maddeningly slow growing as some Dypsis are but are surprisingly resilient. They stay outdoors in the shade year round and get no protection from the elements. I have dozens of them I am looking to sell as I don't have time and energy to keep herding them around.
      Are these D. mad v mahajanga?

• UK_Palms
      By UK_Palms
      Here is a catalog of all the bigger CIDP's around London and their locations, so that they can be monitored moving forward. It also helps for people to know where they can find them exactly, should they be in the area and decide to visit some. Many of these CIDP's are not well known, so I will be photo-documenting and logging quite a lot of fairly large specimens in the city and suburbs.
      Starting with the one at Lambeth Bridge...

River Gardens, Fulham

Hollands Park

Kensington

These CIDP's on the intersection are fruiting profusely and producing viable seed...

Another one further down the street...

There's two big CIDP's outside Hackney town hall. They've been there about 20 years. 

Egerton Place

It's in need of a trim, which will make the trunk look even bigger...

Mount Street gardens, Mayfair

Notting Hill

Richmond

White City, west London

Clapham

Next to a church in Ealing, West London.

Next to Wimbledon fire station. 

People's back gardens in Bermondsey, south west London

Wapping, East London

Eaton Square...

Islington

North Kensington...

Clapham again...

Camberwell...

Southwark...

East Dulwich

Croydon

Apartments in Fulham

St. Annes in Notting Hill

Front gardens kitted out...

Earlsfield

Another in Notting Hill...

A back yard in the London suburb of Leyton...

Decent sized specimen in Walworth...

That will do for now. I will upload the rest tomorrow as there are tons of other CIDP's in people's gardens/yards. I've barely scratched the surface on the London CIDP's yet...

• PalmatierMeg
      By PalmatierMeg
      Can anyone confirm the ID of the seeding Zamia in the photos below? Could it be Z. loddigesii x pumila? Something else?

• Tracy
      By Tracy
      Thoughts on id? It started to lean then sprouted the new growth point which is primary now.  It had what appeared to be the second small seedling near the base when I bought it, which has been slower than the new growth point.

• PalmatierMeg
      By PalmatierMeg
      About 10 years ago when I was trying to replant my back yard jungle, I bought a 3g Burretiokentia hapala to plant in it. I soon realized my FL sun was way too brutal for the little guy, so I set up a makeshift shade structure for the rest of the season. I kept a number of juvenile A. cunninghamianas as backup plantings and before the next summer I strategically placed several of them around my little Burretiokentia. Fast forward 5-6 years and what I believed to be my slow growing hapala croaked. By then I accepted palm deaths as part of palm growing so I shrugged and figured the picabeens would carry on. I took a really close look at one of them and realized it looked different. Its fronds were a dark green, not picabeen lime green and all the rachises had a "twist" in the middle that tipped each frond almost perpendicular to the ground. Piccabeen fronds lie almost flat and perpendicular to the ground. This palm's crownshaft was a deep emerald green and its skinny trunk brownish-green with prominent leaf scars. Picabeen trunks are gray.
      "Wait!" I said to myself. "Did my B. hapala actually survive and grow lurking among the picabeens?" Then I studied the twisted fronds and wondered, "Is this palm actually a Ravenea?"
      Because years ago I planted several species of Ravenea in the jungle, including R. hildebrandtii - but no majesties. As time passed, all of them bit the dust. Or so I thought.
      Can anyone tell me what this very handsome palm is?
      Mystery Palm