Sign in to follow this  
comic097

Neovietchia storkii all cleaned up

comic097

Did a tidy up of my neo, had him in the ground 4 years, been a very good grower, would love to see others 

DA1B4D5E-45B6-4502-8918-C91DB0D02CCC.thumb.jpeg.643dd54611f53e5fd85bffcf03fcd71b.jpeg

BDC216D6-D280-4638-B152-0B6BC22953E8.thumb.jpeg.5e6a1862a22031a6df7ffd002d7c3344.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

Kim

Oh, you'll have a lot of enjoyment from this palm! The color is yet to come, and you will love it. There are several lining my driveway.

This photo from May 2016 is looking out toward the street. The Neoveitchias are much taller now.

DSC_0170.thumb.jpg.f12c0ff0c1dfc3df16c135345ef4cd41.jpg

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

comic097

Thanks Kim, great pic, yep can’t wait till mines gets bigger, such a great palm, gotta satakentia planted beside it so will look good in years to come 

Daryl

I'm currently babying a Neoveitchia 'rescue palm' that is in need of some TLC....I'm hoping I can bring it back to health, as it has been languishing in a cool shady garden without enough water...planted it this weekend next to my Satakentias, and hope it does well...the last two days would have  been tough on it though...yesterday was just shy of 37C and today was 39C (102F) and very hot and sunny.  These are such beautiful palms but very hard to find here...I planted a young one last year but it was killed by a hail storm just before Christmas...your palm is looking great Paul!

IMG_2554.thumb.jpg.7ef1fab5edcaff6d0a967eb939d2caec.jpg

• Like 1

Jeff Searle

A great palm to have! 

• Like 1

comic097

Thanks Daryl, the last 2 days have been terrible here, hot and dry northerlies, she’s been getting plenty of water 

PalmatierMeg

Such beautiful palms. I couldn't get them to survive longer than 6 months (because of my alkaline soil?) so after my 3 requisite tries I gave up on this species.

palmaddic

Here is mine, has been planted in the ground for three years now in West Miramar Florida. Its very happy getting full sun.

neoveitchia storckii.jpg

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

palmaddic

One more Pic.

neoveitchia storckii #2.jpg

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Daryl
12 hours ago, palmaddic said:

One more Pic.

neoveitchia storckii #2.jpg