IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Philodendron ID

Tropicdoc

What philodendron is this at Walt Disney world? (9b)

Will it return from the roots after a freeze? (Like monstera In 9a)

809892A1-E652-45A4-B7D8-A1A7935B4218.jpeg

It looks like Philodendron subincisum to me.  Since I'm in Miami, I don't know how well it survives in a freeze.

Its not really in Orlando....its at Disney. My daughter's 5th grade class had one of those sleepover field trips to Sea World when she was in elementary school. Everything you see during the day has been meticulously staged during the night. All night. Every night. Its that way at ALL the theme parks. After the park closes hundreds of little worker bees come out and start spiffing everything up. Any damaged plants are removed and replaced. Everything is pressure washed. Every speck f trash is sucked up. New much is added. Anything that needs to be covered up or otherwise protected from any adverse weather is immediately taken care of. It was really pretty amazing. It was just as crowded and noisy as in the day, when paying guests were there, except if was people cleaning and doing the plant replenishment work.

• Like 1

"You can't see California without Marlon Brando's eyes"---SliPknot

Philodendron subincisum grows well in Orlando. It has some cold hardiness. As a climber its hardiness is very similar to Monstera deliciosa but I don't know how root hardy it is if it was frozen back. 

Eric

Orlando, FL

zone 9b/10a