IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

New and Improved Floribunda Palms Website

Floribunda Palms

I am thrilled to announce that we are launching our updated website to bring Floribunda into a new era of clarity and communication, including:

• An interactive price list that is searchable, filterable, and updated consistently.
  • New pictorial diaries highlighting the palm adventures of Jeff and Suchin around the world
  • A new section containing ultra-rare mouth watering collector's items from Jeff's personal collection
  • Plant pages with original photography and information regarding the palm. Click on the name of the palm in the price list to learn more about each palm, or search for your favorite species in the menu section of any page.
  • New holy grail palms added to the list to celebrate the launch such as Chambeyronia lepidota and Anthurium salgarense.
  • Integration of social media for a more personal experience of life at Floribunda.

This is a work-in-progress and will be updated constantly with new photos, features, and plants for sale. We welcome you to explore the new site and give us your feedback about what you like/dislike, as well as features you'd like to see implemented in the future. 

Thank you for your support of Floribunda Palms & Exotics! 

http://floribundapalms.com

burretio.thumb.PNG.bd53ea0aa41684b779cedc4da21c6f1b.PNG

cypho.thumb.PNG.361a195639b2cbede4e41311d21f70dc.PNG

• Like 17
  • Upvote 3

Floribunda Palms and Exotics
P.O. Box 635
Mountain View, HI 96771
Telephone: 808-966-8003 | Toll-Free: 866-966-8003
Email: Info@FloribundaPalms.com | Web: https://www.FloribundaPalms.com / https://floribunda.xyz

thank you @Josue Diaz!

My name is Mike Knell and i am the webmaster/nursery help here at Floribunda. This website is a passion project of mine in collaboration with Jeff and Su to give Floribunda the web presence it deserves.

I stare at palms all day every day and truly care about spreading palm knowledge and cultivation, both through social media and getting dirt under my fingernails. Jeff has dedicated his life to conserving a good portion of this wonderful plant family, and his legacy is already being felt in gardens across the world as the palms bloom and grow.

To explain a day at Floribunda could cause a conversation that would last hours, so building a compendium of photos and stories was the only sensible thing to do. It is a blessing and an honor to be here and we want this to be useful so please feel free to reach out if something is buggy, it is a work in progress and i will be smoothing out the edges, adding new content and keeping things updated as the days go on. We have more surprises for you!

This weekend will be my two year anniversary here and so many things (besides the lava, fake nuclear alert text, hurricane, flooding) have happened just in this short time period that i feel like i have forgotten twice as much as i remember... thank you Jeff & Su and thank you everyone for supporting what we do here on Big Island. 

knell

Edited by knell
  • Like 13
  • Upvote 2

I am still exploring and am very impressed. I esp. like that I don't have to wait 6 months between postings of latest offerings.

I have one question for Mike Knell: how does one go about ordering from this price list? Your priority is to have people buy palms not just drool over pretty photos. This site is a tool to sell, sell, sell. You've certainly sold me so what do I do next? I haven't seen an order form, so do we create our own order form and e-mail it to Jeff? I can do that easily on a spreadsheet program  but someone who isn't proficient in spreadsheet or word processing software may have a problem. How do I pay and to whom?

Meg

Palms of Victory I shall wear

Cape Coral (It's Just Paradise)
Florida
Zone 10A on the Isabelle Canal
Elevation: 15 feet

I'd like to be under the sea in an octopus' garden in the shade.

39 minutes ago, PalmatierMeg said:

I am still exploring and am very impressed. I esp. like that I don't have to wait 6 months between postings of latest offerings.

I have one question for Mike Knell: how does one go about ordering from this price list? Your priority is to have people buy palms not just drool over pretty photos. This site is a tool to sell, sell, sell. You've certainly sold me so what do I do next? I haven't seen an order form, so do we create our own order form and e-mail it to Jeff? I can do that easily on a spreadsheet program  but someone who isn't proficient in spreadsheet or word processing software may have a problem. How do I pay and to whom?

i just send Jeff an e-mail and he replies - unlike many other vendors!

• Upvote 1

Ben Rogers

On the border of Concord & Clayton in the East Bay hills - Elev 387 ft 37.95 °N, 121.94 °W

My back yard weather station: http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/findweather/hdfForecast?query=37.954%2C-121.945&sp=KCACONCO37

Ben, I always e-mail a draft order to Jeff for his approval and have no problem doing that again - soon.

I agree he is very responsive and prompt. The site needs add'l info, i.e., minimum orders, payment options for people new to Floribunda.

Meg

Palms of Victory I shall wear

Cape Coral (It's Just Paradise)
Florida
Zone 10A on the Isabelle Canal
Elevation: 15 feet

I'd like to be under the sea in an octopus' garden in the shade.

7 hours ago, PalmatierMeg said:

Thank you so much for your feedback! The ordering system is intentionally oldschool, as Jeff likes to have personal contact with the customers to make sure we know who we're sending the plants to and to form a personal relationship with our customers, so we emphasize contacting us with a list of the plants youre interested in rather than the shopping cart style.

That being said, we want our ordering and payment information to be clear and accessible to everyone. The "Ordering" page of the website addresses many of the questions that you have posed, but I need to make sure this section and the FAQ are clearly visible and not just accessible through the menu. I have created a basic order form at the bottom of the Ordering page as well, but it is really just a space for people to type out the plant name, size and quantity to get it in front of Jeff and Su for processing. Due to a few variables, we are only able to list the species that we can guarantee inventory on, and this website aims to keep inventory more up to date rather than the time delay of a biannual release, as well as give us the opportunity to remove things that have been sold immediately so people dont get disappointed. This comes with the benefit of Jeff being able to list super unique palms that are literally one of a kind, so they can be listed as for sale only until they are sold. 

Thank you everyone for the response, i have already made a few fixes and additions based on your feedback, and i look forward to improving the site even more.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

You all at Floribunda are fantastic!!! Thank you all very much for what you do and provide to the world!! Much Aloha

Good job on the website Mike.  Jeff & Su's operation is second to none in the world. Su's expert packing of palms for shipping is an understatement.  

• Upvote 1

Mike , really nice meeting you. What a place to work and enjoy. Sorry to hear about your property at Leilani. We share feelings about

protection of the precious earth and what it is, and provides us. Anytime you are on Oahu, would love to share and show you around 

Lyon. Lots of hidden gems. Different than  Jeff and Suchins place, but more jungle like. Has to be one of the greatest collections, other than

floribunda on earth. 

Much Aloha

If you don't follow Knell's Instagram account, you're missing out! His detailed palm photography is exceptional and the information he posts on each description is amazing. Love how the new website integrates it. Love, love, love learning from Jeff and Knell! :greenthumb:

• Like 1

Naples (inland), FL - technically 10a but more like 9b in the winter :hmm:

I’m loving this new Floribunda site! Great job to Knell for the hard work on it and of course to Jeff and Suchin for making Floribunda what it is and offering rare palms to people like us and in many cases,  playing a crucial role in saving many species! 

Terrific upgrade to the Floribunda site. This means I and others will make many more visits to the site to plan our purchases. This is almost as good as going in person. Well, okay, that’s maybe a little  bit of hyperbole, but it’s a pretty great substitute  if you can’t go in person. Nicely done Knell!

Jeff and Su are at the center of the palm universe and we are so fortunate to have them as a resource.  B)

Kim Cyr

Between the beach and the bays, Point Loma, San Diego, California USA
and on a 300 year-old lava flow, Pahoa, Hawaii, 1/4 mile from the 2018 flow
All characters  in this work are fictitious. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.

New update to the site! Thought I'd share the latest newsletter here, you can subscribe via our landing page here.

We appreciate all the positivity and support around the launch of our new site, so we have paid attention to the feedback to make sure we continue to improve our customer's experience. The site has been updated with the following:

-New Plants on the Rare List such as Licuala ruthiae, Caryota monostachya and more

-New Sizes and Plants on the Price List such as Copernicia fallaensis, Dypsis soanieranae, Pinanga sp. "Maroon Crownshaft", and more. Type (N) into the search bar of our price list

-A new Order Form template designed for spreadsheet users! We have built a spreadsheet that is a fillable order form with all of our requirements, making sure your order is as easy to place as it is for us to read. This file can be found on the "Ordering" page of the site.

-More updates to the Fiji section of the Travel Photography - exploring more of the endemic species of the island chain such as Neoveitchia and Balaka.
-Calyptrocalyx sp. "Kainlas" (Split Leaf Form) is back, and in 4in size!

-Many more micro updates to plant information and conservation

Subscribe to be the first to know about all the exciting new species that are coming down the pipeline. We appreciate your support of this family run business! Please reach out to us with any comments or questions. 

Floribunda Palms and Exotics
P.O. Box 635
Mountain View, HI 96771
Telephone: 808-966-8003 | Toll-Free: 866-966-8003
Email: Info@FloribundaPalms.com | Web: https://www.FloribundaPalms.com / https://floribunda.xyz

This is a new site to me. I think I might check these guys out......

Searle Brothers Nursery Inc.

and The Rainforest Collection.

Southwest Ranches,Fl.