IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Updated palm pics

Got Palms

Magnificent!  Is this gorgeous garden in Whittier, CA  or Cancun, Quintana Roo  (MEX) ?

unknown.jpg

5 year high 42.2C/108F (07/06/2018)--5 year low 4.6C/40.3F (1/19/2023)--Lowest recent/current winter: 4.6C/40.3F (1/19/2023)

Beautiful garden as always Sergio! Does SB still ship hybrids? I've been looking for other crosses but don't seem to have much luck 

Beautiful garden !!!:yay:

just out of curiosity

in the 32nd picture there’s a skinny plumose almost droopy palm about the same height as the Roystonea crown shaft in the center of the picture? Do you know what it is (ID??)

Thanks for all the kind comments. Alex garden is in Whittier Ca. Kenny not sure if SB still ships i would hope so the have quality hybrids. Rafael if this is the palm u r referring 2 it is a Dypsis Mahajanga 

53C304D5-7222-424E-A96E-B6BCF29938DC.jpeg

On 2/28/2019 at 3:48 PM, Got Palms said:

Cycads add some color to the garden but not often enough

1C287F84-EE69-4B9B-A8D0-9F89B6E8B96C.jpeg

62AF09CB-830C-4E85-9BC4-EF1D6741A223.jpeg

A11A3EC1-B839-4B53-9975-3D9017940C41.jpeg

Nice use of the cycads throughout your garden.  While the palms grow up, you have the cycads at ground level (at least for our lifetimes), creating a nice layering.  I'm curious as to whether you have noticed any changes in your green Encephalartos species in flushing as your canopy has increased over time?  Specifically if you have noticed any less frequent flushes with the decreased direct sunlight.

33.0782 North -117.305 West  at 72 feet elevation

Fantastic garden & yard! Thanks for the photos.

Meg

Palms of Victory I shall wear

Cape Coral (It's Just Paradise)
Florida
Zone 10A on the Isabelle Canal
Elevation: 15 feet

I'd like to be under the sea in an octopus' garden in the shade.

Tracy i get about 3 flushes a year from most of my cycads, but their are a few that even when in full sunlight i get a flush once every 2 years i think with all the hardscape around yard that retains heat helps with cycad growth i have some blue cycads that are in full shade that still look great.

Not quite, but very nice palm to say the least :rolleyes: this is the one I’m referring to (btw what a problem to have when you can’t even point out a palm cause there’s sooo many :winkie:) EDIT: Nevermind I think it’s multistemmed my bad

6E9AC617-BB16-493B-BB9C-CCF50F937D20.jpeg

Edited by Rd003

Fantabulous!

Jim in Los Altos, CA  SF Bay Area 37.34N- 122.13W- 190' above sea level

zone 10a/9b

sunset zone 16

300+ palms, 90+ species in the ground

Las Palmas Design

Facebook Page

Las Palmas Design & Associates

Elegant Homes and Gardens

On 3/3/2019 at 7:25 PM, Rd003 said:

Not quite, but very nice palm to say the least :rolleyes: this is the one I’m referring to (btw what a problem to have when you can’t even point out a palm cause there’s sooo many :winkie:) EDIT: Nevermind I think it’s multistemmed my bad

6E9AC617-BB16-493B-BB9C-CCF50F937D20.jpeg

Kenney thats a chamaedorea plumosa