IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Pseudophoenix sargentii fresh seeds for sale

PalmatierMeg

My mature Pseudophoenix sargentii has two infructescenses full of ripening seeds. P. sargentii, aka buccaneer palm and cherry palm, is native to the FL Keys through Cuba, Belize and Mexico. In the wild it grows on sandy, limestone soil near the sea but is adaptable to a wide range of well-draining soils and can survive brief inundations of seawater. Trunks reach 25' tall with age, are gray/green with prominent leaf scars and waxy bluish crownshaft. It has a crown of arching blue/green leave on stout petioles. It is slow growing, although my mother palm was planted on my garden lot as a juvenile around 2012 and has been trunking the past several years so it is no slouch in the growth department. It is drought tolerant but looks and grows better with regular moisture. It wants full sun and heat and won't grow well in shade. It is hardy to zones 10/11. This palm is instantly recognizable and highly desirable.

Ripe, fresh seeds are available as follows:

Pseudophoenix sargentii: 25 seeds @ $10.00 per lot            50 seeds @ $15.00 per lot

Shipping for up to 50 seeds = $5.00 in padded envelope           No shipping overseas. No shipping to HI

If you want larger quantities, please PM me to establish price and shipping cost.

Payment via Paypal

PM me if you are interested.

Photos below

Pseudophoenix_sargentii_seeding_01_-2-21-19.thumb.JPG.ef3ff68ac8238af07dcee16068080d72.JPGPseudophoenix_sargentii_seeding_02_02-21-19.thumb.JPG.9d47c98dd762367941dd14984d1d1f29.JPG2039833367_Pseudophoenixsargentiiseeding0302-21-19.thumb.JPG.bfe06319a3649daa88060b94d7d9ef89.JPGPseudophoenix_sargentii_seeding_04_02-21-19.thumb.JPG.c9a0ac0c9ae4a2a01dc4da3b169dfbb1.JPGPseudophoenix_sargentii_seeding_05_02-21-19.thumb.JPG.1b5e2ad8ab5889aa5d6afef2da1d38f9.JPGPseudophoenix_sargentii_seeding_06_02-21-19.thumb.JPG.e9be3e1e820231bd5ba1272e9e7b365c.JPG

Meg

Palms of Victory I shall wear

Cape Coral (It's Just Paradise)
Florida
Zone 10A on the Isabelle Canal
Elevation: 15 feet

I'd like to be under the sea in an octopus' garden in the shade.