IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

RPS new website format-- what do you think?

Gbarce

I just saw the new format of the Rarepalmseeds.com website and I think I don't like it.  I see they have the "old format" for the wholesale section but is there any option on the site to see the "small packets"  in the old format as well?  

Navigating the new website is kind of slower since they upload the pictures upfront -- and with the number of species they offer that's a ton of pictures

• Like 1

Gene

Manila, Philippines

53 feet above sea level - inland

Hot and dry in summer, humid and sticky monsoon season, perfect weather Christmas time

http://freakofnaturezzz.blogspot.com/

I actually like it. It is slower, but there are many new options like opening an account so you dont have to input your info every time you order, you can order a minimum of 5 seeds ( selected species) instead of 10. This helps on those really pricey species. Shipping is separate at check out and they offer normal and expedited shipping options. You can now actually check on the status of your orders.

I think they have heard and responded to the negative feedback they have been receiving during the past year.

I placed an order. The first in a very long time.

• Like 1

El Oasis - beach garden, distinct wet/dry season ,year round 20-38c

Las Heliconias - jungle garden ,800m elevation,150+ inches rainfall, year round 15-28c

I like it too. I esp. like the new feature of being notified when seeds of a particular species become available for order. :happy:

RarePalmSeeds.png

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Are you sure the notifications actually work?

I tried to find the place where you can turn them off again - and I could not find it. So if they are not displayed anywhere in the settings of my account, how can I be sure they are stored somewhere?

Frank

I used to like the archive where you could see everything that they had ever supplied.  I think this feature is now gone.

• Upvote 1

old site was more user friendly

Carlsbad, California Zone 10 B on the hill (402 ft. elevation)

Sunset zone 24

10 hours ago, richnorm said:

I used to like the archive where you could see everything that they had ever supplied.  I think this feature is now gone.

It is still there. You just have to select "Out of Stock" in the filter settings.

• Like 1

Frank