IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Lytocaryum Hoehnei

Laaz

So, 14 months after receiving these Lytocaryum Hoehnei as tiny 4" pot seedlings from Jeff @Floribunda Palms. I planted them up to 5 gallon containers & made a mix similar to @Pal Meir's mix with Miracle-Gro garden soil, Turface MVP & clayballs these things have really taken off. I had to cut the 5 gallon containers off to get them free. Just put them in 10 gallon containers & doubt they will last a year before having to move them up again. This free draining mix is really the ticket for Lyto's. Guess I'll have to try the Wedd's again in this mix.

2drgk0h.jpg

kec5ft.jpg

2hf78gh.jpg

• Like 1

Is this the Turface MVP you used? Looks like I can get this locally. About what proportions did you use? I plan to give these and some wedd's a whirl here shortly as patio plants. 

https://www.ewingirrigaprofile-turface-mvp-bag_1.jpg.47a56a11c031b5aca86343b106d3a973.jpgtion.com/turface-mvp-field-conditioner.html

Edited by RJ

Yep, my local landscape place sells it for $17 for a 50 pound bag. About 50/50 & added a few handfuls of clay balls.

They are getting some size to them. I have 4 in containers & 10 in the ground. Hopefully they will start blooming soon.

• 1 year later...

Doing some yardwork today & glanced down & what do you know, one is beginning to flower.

Are you still going to sell some of these? 

Looking great! 

1 hour ago, Laaz said:

Yeah, I have 4 in containers that I have no room for.

If you're looking to move a couple I would certainly be interested. We head down your way a couple times during the summer if that works.