Sign in to follow this  
GeorgiaPalms

January/February Winter Garden Pics 2019

GeorgiaPalms

I thought it may be cool to post photos of the garden as it appears this winter. Please posts pics of your own garden as well. I am in North Georgia, a cold zone 8a.

20190204_134917.jpg

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

Nj Palms

Nice! Have seen those pitcher plants before in bogs near me. They are actually native to the pinelands.

• Like 1

GaDawg

See those pitcher plants everywhere down here. I’m about 25 minutes from the Okefenokee. 

GaDawg
On 2/4/2019 at 1:54 PM, GeorgiaPalms said:

20190204_101744.jpg

Nice looking Windmill. I’m hoping the 3 I have will look as good. 

GeorgiaPalms
22 hours ago, GaDawg said:

See those pitcher plants everywhere down here. I’m about 25 minutes from the Okefenokee. 

That's great! There is a variety of Sarracenia Minor that grows in the Okefenokee that gets very large. S.Oreophila is also native in North Georgia in some mountain locations.

22 hours ago, GaDawg said:

Nice looking Windmill. I’m hoping the 3 I have will look as good. 

Thanks! I started that one from a 15 gallon just starting to trunk a few years ago and it has really taken off!

GaDawg
On ‎2‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 6:11 PM, GeorgiaPalms said:

That's great! There is a variety of Sarracenia Minor that grows in the Okefenokee that gets very large. S.Oreophila is also native in North Georgia in some mountain locations.

Thanks! I started that one from a 15 gallon just starting to trunk a few years ago and it has really taken off!

They grow in the ditch alongside the highway. Never really thought of them as a landscaping plant. But, looking at yours, I might have to incorporate them somewhere.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• teddytn
      By teddytn
      Walking around the yard weeding and watering and thought I would share some of what I have growing. Needle palms, sabal minor mccurtain, sabal minor, sabal Birmingham, various opuntias, yucca rostratas. 

• teddytn
      By teddytn
      Hi everyone, I live in northern middle Tennessee and have been growing palms in ground unprotected for 8 years. Haven’t always been successful by the way. Have a pretty decent collection of non palms also. Anyway to get to the point, I am in the process of planting some potted sabal palmettos and was hoping to pick some of the experts brains on the realistic long term survival of a palmetto in northern Tennessee. I’m fairly deep into this project already and am half tempted to start a post to document and track the whole process if anyone is interested. Thanks in advance
    • GregVirginia7
      By GregVirginia7
      Just arrived...is this a Trachy or a Needle? The leaf says it’s a Needle but maybe immature Trachy’s have leaf segments with 3 folds as opposed to one down the middle of the segment? There are also no needles on the trunk...just wondering since it’s supposed to be a Trachy but the leaf segments are not like my more mature Trachy...any help greatly appreciated...
    • MarioPalmCUBA
      By MarioPalmCUBA
    • MarioPalmCUBA
      By MarioPalmCUBA
      Mi primer post lo quiero dedicar a este importante tema, se trata de la especie Corypha taliera (Extinta es su hábitat natural),  nativa de Myanmar (Birmania)y la región bengalí de la India y Bangladesh y que dentro de sus características podemos destacar que su inflorescencia son apicales (el ápice vegetativo se transforma en yema floral) por lo que muere después de su única floración. 
      En el Jardín Botánico de Cienfuegos se cuenta con tres individuos plantados en 1970 y que se encuentran en fase terminal (Fin de fructificación) de los cuales se han colectado una gran cantidad de semillas y se trabaja en su reproducción en vivero además del monitoreo mensual de la regeneración natural que posee cada individuo en un radio reducido de 5 m2. En las fotos se puede apreciar su enorme inflorescencia y la presencia de algunos frutos.