IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

NEW UPGRADE INFO/QUESTIONS

PALM MOD

The new upgrade has some new ways of doing things, and some new features. I am still discovering them myself. It is impossible for me to check everything and every situation - so reports of issues would be appreciated.

If you have questions, I will do my best to answer them here. Feedback and suggestions are always welcome.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Thanks to those of you who help make this a fun and friendly forum.

Thanks very much, Dean for all your efforts !  Palmtalk is really valuable for me !   :greenthumb:  

San Francisco, California

2 minutes ago, Cindy Adair said:

I missed the conversation on PT and am delighted to see it back again!

Thanks Dean!

Absence makes the heart grow fonder. :)

Good to be back up again.

Let's keep our forum fun and friendly.

Any data in this post is provided 'as is' and in no event shall I be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, damages resulting from accuracy or lack thereof, insult, or lost profits or revenue, claims by third parties or for other similar costs, or any special, incidental, or consequential damages arising out of my opinion or the use of this data. The accuracy or reliability of the data is not guaranteed or warranted in any way and I disclaim liability of any kind whatsoever, including, without limitation, liability for quality, performance, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose arising out of the use, or inability to use my data. Other terms may apply.

Just now, DoomsDave said:

Good to be back up again.

Dave - the glitches with the Calendar and the problems with different time zones and all is supposed to be fixed now - next time you use it, let me know.

1 minute ago, PALM MOD said:

Dave - the glitches with the Calendar and the problems with different time zones and all is supposed to be fixed now - next time you use it, let me know.

Great!

Obscenities screamed, we'll know soon enough . . . .

Any data in this post is provided 'as is' and in no event shall I be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, damages resulting from accuracy or lack thereof, insult, or lost profits or revenue, claims by third parties or for other similar costs, or any special, incidental, or consequential damages arising out of my opinion or the use of this data. The accuracy or reliability of the data is not guaranteed or warranted in any way and I disclaim liability of any kind whatsoever, including, without limitation, liability for quality, performance, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose arising out of the use, or inability to use my data. Other terms may apply.

1 minute ago, DoomsDave said:

Great!

Obscenities screamed, we'll know soon enough . . . .

FYI - May only apply to new entries.

The format looks sharper and tighter....if that makes sense. Maybe a slight modification to the fonts as well?

Thanks for all the work you do with this site Dean!

@PALM MOD Deep appreciation from one system admin to another.  It does seem like the performance on the site is better.

• Like 1

Lakeland, FL

USDA Zone 1990: 9a  2012: 9b  2023: 10a | Sunset Zone: 26 | Record Low: 20F/-6.67C (Jan. 1985, Dec.1962) | Record Low USDA Zone: 9a

30-Year Avg. Low: 30F | 30-year Min: 24F

I get a error message trying to upload pics off my phone, -200 .... they are under the MB limit not sure whats up??

3 hours ago, Umbrae said:

I get a error message trying to upload pics off my phone, -200 .... they are under the MB limit not sure whats up??

You haven't provided enough info like what error message, what phone, where are you trying to upload them (to Gallery, New Topic, Reply, what forum, etc???.) From where (new photo, your library) and how (what Browser)? And what does "-200 ...." mean?

Maybe someone else will add something. Anyone else having an issue? Anyone successfully upload from phone/tablet yet?

4 hours ago, kinzyjr said:

@PALM MOD Deep appreciation from one system admin to another.  It does seem like the performance on the site is better.

Thanks - new version allows use of most recent php-fpm - thus speeding up some things noticeably IMO.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Umbrae said:

Error message 200

Can you tell if that message is from the phone, browser, or Board?

11 minutes ago, Umbrae said:

Error message 200

It appears as if this error code is an http Server protocol error. Are you uploading multiple photos? Have you tried different photos? Have you tried the same photo but from a desktop? Have you tried more than once? You haven't provided much info to go on.

15 minutes ago, Umbrae said:

Error message 200

I see you successfully uploaded a bamboo pic an hour ago? What's up? Was that from your phone?

Yes but the pictures of the bamboo flowers wont go ... will take new ones tomorrow and see if it still acts wonky

Non-IPS members can't respond in "for sale" section.  Is this by design, Dean?

Huntington Beach, CA

USDA Zone 10a/10b

Sunset Zone 24

1 hour ago, Umbrae said:

Yes but the pictures of the bamboo flowers wont go ... will take new ones tomorrow and see if it still acts wonky

Confused - I see ;a pic of bamboo flowers posted.

On 1/16/2019 at 5:52 PM, joe_OC said:

Non-IPS members can't respond in "for sale" section.  Is this by design, Dean?

No Joe - thanks for noticing and letting me know. I will correct.

Thanks Dean, the upgraded cms looks good!  :) :greenthumb: 

I'm good at finding bugs, will let you know if I come across anything. :)

Westchase | 9b 10a  ◆  Nokomis | 10a  ◆  St. Petersburg | 10a 10b 

8 hours ago, PalmTreeDude said:

What is the difference between like and upvote? Also thank you for the improvements! I love this site. 

I have no idea. :) Sorry - Maybe someone else has an answer - or I'll figure it out later.

12 minutes ago, PALM MOD said:

I have no idea. :) Sorry - Maybe someone else has an answer - or I'll figure it out later.

Both affect your reputation so they appear to be totally redundant. Might want to disable one of them.

15 hours ago, RedRabbit said:

Both affect your reputation so they appear to be totally redundant. Might want to disable one of them.

Apparently an upvote is designed to be used as a "rating" for an answer to a question being asked (designed to help on "question forums") - while a like is used as a reflection on any response and/or the person responding. Not sure how best to eventually configure yet.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, PALM MOD said:

Apparently an upvote is designed to be used as a "rating" for an answer to a question being asked (designed to help on "question forums") - while a like is used as a reflection on any response and/or the person responding. Not sure how best to eventually configure yet.

Thank you. 

PalmTreeDude

Wow, @palm mod, @Dypsisdean, you really did it.

The new system makes it much easier to upload pictures from my well-used iPhone 6, including multiple pictures. So far, no errors.

5 hours ago, DoomsDave said:

Wow, @palm mod, @Dypsisdean, you really did it.

The new system makes it much easier to upload pictures from my well-used iPhone 6, including multiple pictures. So far, no errors.

Thanks Dave - that is useful information. I appreciate the feedback.

I used to be able to see who gave me reputation before and now I can’t. I’m not sure I was supposed to be able to see that before though. lol 

No big deal either way, just thought you might want to know. :)

5 hours ago, RedRabbit said:

I used to be able to see who gave me reputation before and now I can’t. I’m not sure I was supposed to be able to see that before though. lol 

No big deal either way, just thought you might want to know. :)

I can see who "reacted" to my post (like/upvote) in my profile and I get a notification on-screen when someone does the same.  I'm accessing the site from a PC with Firefox.

Lakeland, FL

USDA Zone 1990: 9a  2012: 9b  2023: 10a | Sunset Zone: 26 | Record Low: 20F/-6.67C (Jan. 1985, Dec.1962) | Record Low USDA Zone: 9a

30-Year Avg. Low: 30F | 30-year Min: 24F

1 hour ago, kinzyjr said:

I can see who "reacted" to my post (like/upvote) in my profile and I get a notification on-screen when someone does the same.  I'm accessing the site from a PC with Firefox.

I'm 90% sure it is because we're in different user groups. IPS members must be able to see it while normal users no longer can.

44 minutes ago, RedRabbit said:

I'm 90% sure it is because we're in different user groups. IPS members must be able to see it while normal users no longer can.

I believe you are right. I changed a setting that should change that - so non-IPS Members can see who reacted. I also made it so non-IPS can upload a cover photo to their profile. Let me know if the changes took effect.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, PALM MOD said:

I believe you are right. I changed a setting that should change that - so non-IPS Members can see who reacted. I also made it so non-IPS can upload a cover photo to their profile. Let me know if the changes took effect.

Thanks Dean, both changes worked. :greenthumb: