Sign in to follow this  
Alicehunter2000

Gardening in the Coastal SE 9a

kinzyjr

I ran across this website while I was browsing around the internet.  Matt's gardening legacy lives on.

Matthew92

I love this website- there are so many plants that this guy has trialed. A good chunk of my research for zone 8b/9a tropical looking plants has come from here.

Alicehunter2000

What is the secret for caryota? Consistent water? .. or are they susceptible to my beach sand nematode soil problems? 

krishnaraoji88
On 12/13/2018, 4:48:17, Alicehunter2000 said:

What is the secret for caryota? Consistent water? .. or are they susceptible to my beach sand nematode soil problems? 

I’ve been able to do Caryota himalayana under dense oak canopy. They grow very slowly like that though

Merlyn2220

His data in the St. Augustine area was really useful when I was planning out my palm plantings.  I'm still surprised about a few of the palms that survived in that area, but that's the inspiration for me to try some palms that others said were unlikely North Orlando survivors, such as Caryota obtusa/gigas and Kerriodoxa Elegans.  The Wallichia is another on the list that I don't have, but have been thinking about it!

• Upvote 1