Sign in to follow this  
cbmnz

Summer down under

Tyrone

We had a humid 30C day yesterday and in the afternoon the thunder clouds gathered but I expected it all to slip out to sea. Instead we had thunderstorms and around 10mm of rain overnight. This morning everything is drenched. Around 18C and 98% RH at sun up. The garden is already responding. We are expecting more thunderstorms until Saturday but at the moment there’s not a cloud in the sky and it’s dead still. Going to be a sticky one I think.

sandgroper

They're promising us some rain tomorrow,  it's been a warm humid few days so I hope they get that forecast right, I'd love some rain.

• Like 1

Tyrone

Lord Howe Island is expecting ex tropical cyclone Uesi to pass directly overhead today. It's now an extra-tropical system but will still pack the punch of a cat 2 system with gusts to 130kph. The night will be bumpy with sustained winds expected to be around 95kph overnight.

sandgroper

Typically, the sky is clearing up now with no sign of a drop of rain. Disappointing. 

Tyrone
6 hours ago, sandgroper said:

Typically, the sky is clearing up now with no sign of a drop of rain. Disappointing. 

Yes, I remember those sort of situations in Perth. You'd often see thunder clouds over the hills and you'd wish they'd come to the coast but they just go inland and disappear.

Here we had rain until around lunch. It got really sticky. All gone now I think. A few thunderstorms heading down from the north but they will slide right by towards Esperance direction I think.

Tyrone

Man it’s hot and sticky down here today. It was too hot in my shadehouse to keep working so I’ve briefly taken a break in the cool inside. Officially it peaked at 32C and 50% rh but my thermometer recorded 35.4C and 45%rh or a dew point of 21.6C. That’s very hot and muggy for us. It’s rained a bit on every day the last 3 days. My tropical stuff will be loving it but I’ve had to provide more shade for my Ceroxylons inside the shadehouse. I think I may lose some.

• Like 1

sandgroper

Was 40c here yesterday and muggy as hell, a horrible day. Today is quite a bit milder but still very humid and unpleasant. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1