PalmatierMeg

Chambeyronia macrocarpa 'Watermelon' Seeds

PalmatierMeg

My largest Chambeyronia macrocarpa is producing a bodacious crop of seeds. This Chambey is 25-30' tall and is one of the coveted 'Watermelon' varieties with streaks of yellow on its trunk and crownshaft. This palm is large and robust with leathery dark green leaves. But its most astonishing feature is that new leaves open dark red to crimson before gradually fading to green, giving it the epithet "Flamethrower Palm." It is a spectacular, eye-catching palm from New Caledonia that is easy growing here in FL, unlike many other New Caledonia species. But it may be harder to find in the future as I've read that New Caledonia is cracking down on export of its native palms and seeds. If what I read is true, in the future only domestically grown seeds of this desirable species may be available. I have germinated a number of Chambeys from seeds and found their large seeds (~1" wide by 1.5" long) germinate easily and seedlings grow robustly. Now is your time to try this awesome species.

Chambeyronia macrocarpa 'Watermelon' seeds: $1.00 each (minimum purchase 15 seeds)

Shipping: $5.00 in padded envelope (seeds are large)          No shipping overseas. No shipping to HI

Payment via Paypal

PM me if you are interested

See photos below:

5c06fd31b71d4_ChambeyroniamacrocarpaWate5c06fd8f93923_ChambeyroniamacrocarpaWate5c06fd48d38c6_ChambeyroniamacrocarpaWate5c06fdaa20601_ChambeyroniamacrocarpaWate5c06fd7774dac_ChambeyroniamacrocarpaWate5c06fddd641b9_Chambeyroniamacrocarpaseed

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

mfpalms

Please, let me know how to go about paying for 30 seeds with Pay Pal using credit card.  Is it possible to pay by check?

Bill

palmad Merc

Oh no, not to Australia?:(

PalmatierMeg
18 hours ago, palmad Merc said:

Oh no, not to Australia?:(

Sorry, no. Australian Customs scares me.

palmad Merc

Oh,I get seed's from Florida all the time, it's just how you send them that count's.

Anyway not to worry

PalmatierMeg

NOTICE: In less than a day I have received multiple requests for 170+ Chambeyronia seeds. Great news......except I don't have that many seeds left to ripen. I have set up a waiting list in the order I received each request and am in the process of notifying each person. I would like each person to have at least a partial order but I don't yet know what my final seed total will be. Seeds are ripening at the lightning rate of 3-5 per day. I'm not inclined to climb a ladder to count what's left.

Anyway, as of now, 6:15 p.m. Sunday, December 16, I am calling a moratorium of seed requests. Thanks for everyone's interest.

• Upvote 4

Missi

DARN!! Thanks for making them available! Hopefully I'll notice the post sooner on the next batch!! 

Horacio Yanes

Please, let me know how to go about paying for 30 seeds with Pay Pal using credit card.  Thanks

PalmatierMeg

No seeds available.

The Germinator

Dibs on next batch........ Can you put me on the waiting list.

Thanks

Pinanga Pete

Please put me on wait list if possible.

PalmatierMeg

That will be late this year - maybe. I'm not keeping waiting lists that long. I will post a topic then. Thanks for the interest.