5150cycad

Aloe Hercules (Large Cuttings)

5150cycad

I have selling some nice Aloe Hercules cuttings. Asking $25-$45 each depending on the size. Some of them are huge with multiple heads. They root very easily and grow super super fast. I have a total of 14 cuttings. They have been healing over for the last couple of weeks. Will offer very generous bulk discounts. 

I also have the main tree for sale if anyone is interested. It would fit in a 36” box or larger. Once planted the tree should start new growing points at the locations where the branches were cut. Please pm me if you have any questions. Thanks for looking. 

900C6110-91EA-4F7B-B1E6-582F1D564337.jpeg

2E944627-DD8C-4AFD-8088-ABC58FAC2579.jpeg

• Upvote 3

Palm Tree Jim

Great deal Bryan.

jimmyt

These are Hard to find on the market.  The price is a bargain for that size too.

Silas_Sancona

^^Agree w both Jim / Jimmy.. Great deal, and easy to root.. Would inquire myself if i didn't already have 3.

Get them while you have the opportunity..

Moose

Do they flower?

5150cycad
3 hours ago, jimmyt said:

PM was sent

jimmyt

Check your pm 

5150cycad
On 11/24/2018, 1:53:21, Moose said:

Do they flower?

Yes but they always come out looking deformed and not like the beautiful flowers you you are used to seeing on other tree aloes. 

5150cycad

I have the entire trunk for sale if anyone is interested. I am selling it for $150. If not gone by Sunday I am going to give it away to a friend. Also have 5 cuttings left. 

EAC4DB5B-FAD2-4C63-8CF7-47E409708AF2.jpeg

B3EC5A85-0EC0-499F-BEF5-799D070F6E37.jpeg

• Upvote 3

Fresnotropics

Do you happen to still have any? Been looking everywhere for some in Fresno but can’t find anything within 3 hours drive 

Josue Diaz
5 hours ago, Fresnotropics said:

Do you happen to still have any? Been looking everywhere for some in Fresno but can’t find anything within 3 hours drive 

I'm pretty sure Willow Gardens just had a couple in 5 gal. They had a. tongaense also 

Meangreen94z

They’re also on eBay, several different sizes right now

Edited by Meangreen94z

Akis Anargyrou

Bryan just sent you a pm

Merlyn2220
2 hours ago, Akis Anargyrou said:

Bryan just sent you a pm

Akis, does this mean you have some Aloe Hercules cuttings?  I saw a post on Agaveville with someone wanting to sell some 10 foot Hercules in FL.  I bought two small cuttings from Etsy earlier this summer, they are doing so well so far.

Akis Anargyrou

No Arthur, im willing to buy. I saw those at etsy too, thanks for giving a heads up!

Darold Petty

Akis, Welcome to Palmtalk !  :)

5150cycad

All of the cuttings have been sold. I apologize for not updating my post earlier. 

Fresnotropics
On 12/1/2019 at 10:49 PM, Josue Diaz said:

I'm pretty sure Willow Gardens just had a couple in 5 gal. They had a. tongaense also 

Thanks! When do you recall seeing them? I called them last week and they said they didn’t have any in, but perhaps they do. I managed to find some super affordable starts on Etsy for $13 each yesterday that I purchased.

Josue Diaz
8 hours ago, Fresnotropics said:

Thanks! When do you recall seeing them? I called them last week and they said they didn’t have any in, but perhaps they do. I managed to find some super affordable starts on Etsy for $13 each yesterday that I purchased.

It was over summer. Keep an eye on their succulent and palm selection. they tend to bring in really cool stuff from SoCal. About 2 months ago they had a whole lot of vaombe and plicatilis. Evergreen is another one to check in w from time to time. I gave a 1 gallon Hercules away not too long ago too. 

• Upvote 1

Ben in Norcal

Has anyone tried rooting these from leaf cuttings? I just had to take in one out (had become 100% shaded) and I am wondering if I can propagate from the leaves as well as the single trunk.

Silas_Sancona
11 minutes ago, Ben in Norcal said:

Has anyone tried rooting these from leaf cuttings? I just had to take in one out (had become 100% shaded) and I am wondering if I can propagate from the leaves as well as the single trunk.

Ben,
Don't think you can w/ these.   Just by cuttings.. Very easy though. If you decide to be-head it, (attempting for say 2 plants ) the cut end/ w base, roots may sprout new stems. Something like this was done to a bigger one i had and it had 4 stems arise from where the orig. cut was made. 

Edited by Silas_Sancona
edit
  • Like 1

Ben in Norcal
8 minutes ago, Silas_Sancona said:

Ben,
Don't think you can w/ these.   Just by cuttings.. Very easy though. If you decide to be-head it, (attempting for say 2 plants ) the cut end/ w base, roots may sprout new stems. Something like this was done to a bigger one i had and it had 4 stems arise from where the orig. cut was made. 

OK - so next question - I have one trunk about 5 feet long that I have cut down.  Can this be turned into multiple plants, or does it have to have the head on it?

Silas_Sancona
1 hour ago, Ben in Norcal said:

OK - so next question - I have one trunk about 5 feet long that I have cut down.  Can this be turned into multiple plants, or does it have to have the head on it?

That's a good question.. 

Not sure you can root mid sections of the trunk / stem that don't either have the head (s)/ roots attached like you can w/ things like Plumerias.  The base of the bigger one i'd had rotted, or suffered severe sunburn so all my cuts were root-less w/the heads attached.  Biggest cutting had about 3ft of trunk i cut maybe 6" off when i stuck that one in a pot.. Rest were smaller, like 14" in total length, not counting the head.. didn't use rooting hormone, but did stick the cuts in powdered Sulfur to help prevent any potential rot though. 

Regardless, in my case, i just threw them in 1-3 gal pots using a chunky, good draining soil mix, and stuck them somewhere that stays warm, in bright shade.. Not sure it would matter if they saw more sun this time of year though.  You might just stick yours in something like a 5 gal, trimming off just enough of the trunk length so that it won't tip over in the pot while it roots.

Water the heck out of them once set in the pots, and leave alone.. Only water them occasionally, if needed. ( maybe not at all there thru the rest of winter.. if you guys keep getting rain ). You'll know when they root when you start seeing them produce new leaves/growth.  Would imagine they will sit ..or slowly root  until it starts warming up. Take off pretty quick once rooted.

Just my experience w/ these though.. @5150cycad might have additional info to add.

Edited by Silas_Sancona
  • Like 1

Silas_Sancona
24 minutes ago, Silas_Sancona said:

That's a good question.. 

Not sure you can root mid sections of the trunk / stem that don't either have the head (s)/ roots attached like you can w/ things like Plumerias.  The base of the bigger one i'd had rotted, or suffered severe sunburn so all my cuts were root-less w/the heads attached.  Biggest cutting had about 3ft of trunk i cut maybe 6" off when i stuck that one in a pot.. Rest were smaller, like 14" in total length, not counting the head.. didn't use rooting hormone, but did stick the cuts in powdered Sulfur to help prevent any potential rot though. 

Regardless, in my case, i just threw them in 1-3 gal pots using a chunky, good draining soil mix, and stuck them somewhere that stays warm, in bright shade.. Not sure it would matter if they saw more sun this time of year though.  You might just stick yours in something like a 5 gal, trimming off just enough of the trunk length so that it won't tip over in the pot while it roots.

Water the heck out of them once set in the pots, and leave alone.. Only water them occasionally, if needed. ( maybe not at all there thru the rest of winter.. if you guys keep getting rain ). You'll know when they root when you start seeing them produce new leaves/growth.  Would imagine they will sit ..or slowly root  until it starts warming up. Take off pretty quick once rooted.

Just my experience w/ these though.. @5150cycad might have additional info to add.

Here are some pics of the cuttings just for reference..

Oldest was stuck in a pot w/ another plant..  Was the first time i'd attempted a cutting and wasn't sure how it would work out.. ( Summer of 2017 ) Need to get it into it's own pot, lol.  Might re-cut ( pic #2) due to the odd way the trunk has developed. Not sure if it will out grow it, or if the dimple might cause that plant to be weaker later. 
975452375_1226191740131.jpg.b70ee0424eebca1a81745ef776abf732.jpg1792415702_1226191740a130.jpg.bd52532939e4bfc1813070c1e4c3b025.jpg

Little guys in 1gals, about a year after rooting the cuts.
1690758458_1226191737133.jpg.01703a85a224a2f28bc001de259903c3.jpg

Most recent cutting, from  what was left of the 4 header i'd planted out front, after the base had rotted due to sunburn ( or some other factor) this past summer.  You don't have to trim the leaves like i did.  Can tell it's progressing from the new growth. The lighter green color on the center of the leaves is from the burn they'd suffer in full sun.
1437530797_1226191738132.jpg.dca3c8666c2f3dab7e00ce384c6dc17e.jpg

• Like 1

buyplants2013

Hi how much for the mother tree aloe? Thanks, r. Walker