GottmitAlex

What is your current yard temperature?

Silas_Sancona
2 minutes ago, AZPalms said:

I’m all game for a cooler start to summer! Keeps my AC use down and I can keep banking my solar credits for the summer. Although the monsoon last year was fun, the near daily severe winds and the damage it did to my patio and trees can stay home. Near 80mph wind gust at our home shot a good sized glass table into my pool area. Glass into a pool = no bueno. Don’t feel like draining a pool this year. Also brought down about a 50ft tree into my adjoining driveway with my neighbor. Missed homes and a truck somehow. 

Agree w/ you on avoiding the Air Conditioning for as long as possible.. Not sure why but this house stays hot during the summer. I'm sure it has to do with not being properly insulated.. anyway.. Turn off the Air during the afternoon ( SRP's 3-6PM plan) and the temp inside will hit 82-92F by 6PM.

Your side of town got slammed last summer for sure.. We had the dust, several times ( won't miss that at all, even if it made for some crazy, "end of the world" -looking scenes ) but i'm pretty sure winds with a couple storms that we had were in the 60+MPH range, at least briefly.. Had to be since i'd watch channels of dust lift off the ground of the front yard, which is all gravel.. / drift up the road like clouds of snow during a blizzard.  Was surprised the somewhat wimpy Mesquite planted out front didn't come down ( think its a Chilean.. never plant / allow anyone you know to plant those btw ).  The backyard "Beast" ( my name for the massive Mesquite out there ) didn't flinch at all..  and there were a couple times i was watching it closely.. It falls, it will take out a shed, maybe both located there, and a sizable section of the block wall in that corner of the property.. or cover most of the yard, bite into the Patio cover. Not sure on the species, maybe our native Velvet.. Possibly a similar-looking sp. from down in Mexico.. but that thing is sturdy.. Planning on growing seed i'd collected from it later on. Pods are really sweet.

cm05

45° right now, which is the low temperature this morning. Some areas to my west (NJ/NYC) got near 80° yesterday, meanwhile I didn’t even reach 60°, being on the immediate coast sucks in the spring, we normally catch up with inland areas by May.

A few more nights below freezing next week but none in the long range afterwards. Already moved some of the hardiest stuff outside permanently this week.

GottmitAlex

Holy mackarel, our highs are on the other side of the spectrum compared to last week:

Today we hit 30C 

20190316_145053.jpg

Silas_Sancona

61-64F under clear skies and a light easterly breeze in the neighborhood at 10:55PM after reaching 84-88F earlier.  Always hotter than most other Wx stations close to the house hit 95F.

While there is no station located in the park itself, closest neighborhood Wx station, located across hwy 77 in a newer housing development to where i spent the day hit 81.5F. Id estimate it was within a degree or two of that on the trails. There had been some summer-ish pop up shower / T-storm development down there over the mountains, over the weekend but only some scattered afternoon clouds over head today.

Warm again tomorrow, then cooling back down again, with possible showers by Thursday / Friday.

This grainy as heck picture out my wind sheild was my morning view as i got closer to today's destination. Nice to see some Snow still up there on Mt. Lemmon.
DSCN5338.JPG.4c7c947357db3a00d44284de47c39423.JPG

Not a bad way to start the week..

• Upvote 1

PalmatierMeg

60.8F. We had a cold/rain front move in overnight and are getting steady rain. We desperately need the rain but I wish the temp was 10-15 degrees higher for the sake of my container garden and germinating seeds. Can't have everything.

Palm crazy

Another beautiful day here in the PNW 78F this makes four record days in a row and a few more to go.  78F not a bad day on the last day of winter. 

• Upvote 2

Silas_Sancona
5 hours ago, Palm crazy said:

Another beautiful day here in the PNW 78F this makes four record days in a row and a few more to go.  78F not a bad day on the last day of winter. 

I saw this earlier, pretty crazy after the crazy cold you guys just had.. Also saw a couple spots in Alaska hit 70F ..in MARCH. ...And a wx station up in the N.W territories ( Canada ) recorded 20C today.. Bonkers weather continues..

• Upvote 1

Palm crazy
6 hours ago, Silas_Sancona said:

I saw this earlier, pretty crazy after the crazy cold you guys just had.. Also saw a couple spots in Alaska hit 70F ..in MARCH. ...And a wx station up in the N.W territories ( Canada ) recorded 20C today.. Bonkers weather continues..

Yeah, the warmer than normal weather pattern is supposed to consist in Alaska big time hopefully that will keep us warmer too.  :D  The warmest in WA state was Forks on the northern coast at 81F. 

Edited by Palm crazy
  • Like 1