IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

What is your current yard temperature?

GottmitAlex

Further south of me but still in Oregon - Medford is forecasted to hit 109F today.  Not too shabby.

Today I'll be sitting at a meager 101F.  I'm sure some of you guys would love that about now.

13 minutes ago, Chester B said:

Further south of me but still in Oregon - Medford is forecasted to hit 109F today.  Not too shabby.

Today I'll be sitting at a meager 101F.  I'm sure some of you guys would love that about now.

Got some family in Medford and I just got off the phone with then and they said it's very hot. Still hotter here at 111!

• Like 2

1:51pm PST 8/15/2020

104F/40C

20200815_135144.jpg

• Like 1

5 year high 42.2C/108F (07/06/2018)--5 year low 4.6C/40.3F (1/19/2023)--Lowest recent/current winter: 4.6C/40.3F (1/19/2023)

Thought i'd toss this in for those interested.. Also something everyone across CA. should keep an eye on for the next week..

Tweets are related to a phenomenon called a PyroCumulonimbus ( PyroCb ) which, in simpler terms is a Cumulonimbus -and resultant Thunderstorm- generated by a large fire under ideal, unstable atmospheric conditions.. Most people across the area have likely seen the plume atop this fire since it started. On most days, the local atmosphere has only been unstable enough to produce a Pyro-Cumulus.. Look threatening, but rarely lasts long and doesn't generate it's own weather except directly under the fire itself..

This is the next level, and more ominous. Under these conditions, this " fire-generated storm" can cause lightning and extremely erratic and damaging downburst winds that can spread a fire further faster and generate new fires well away from the parent blaze.. Pyro Cumulus are relatively common during large fires in CA.  Fire generated storms are rarer.. Didn't post it but there is another tweet showing a satellite view of this fire generated storm generating lightning.

***All credits go to the photographers/ those who shared the tweets***

Aside from the heat, numerous opportunities for influxes of tropical moisture across CA. for -at least- the next 5-7 days. First push of moisture has already triggered thunderstorms across Santa Barbara and San Luis Obispo this morning that ignited a few fires there. More storms on-going over the mountains/ high deserts atm also. Same slug of moisture is on it's way to the Bay Area, Central Valley / Sierra with more potential storms/ minimal showers the rest of today/tomorrow.  More moisture will continue to stream north from Baja and Mainland portions of Sonora ( Mexico ) and possibly S. AZ. There is also a developing tropical system -one of several potential storms in the next 6-10 days-  that will also shed moisture toward CA as it decays.

While impossible to nail down totals, ( Model runs waffling back and forth -as usual ) very possible some spots around S. Cal may see more rain than either Phoenix ( .10" at Sky Harbor ) or Tucson ( .66" at the Airport ) has so far this summer between today and next weekend. Regardless, very unlikely any rain that falls will be enough to keep down the potential fire threat across the state.  -so a heads up..

That said, enjoy any tropical showers you get..

• Like 2

Wife called me earlier today saying it was pouring rain at our house in Hesperia ( High Desert) CA. Only lasted a few minutes,  not sure of the totals (no rain gauge ). I was very excited but a little sad I wasn't there. Hopefully we get more when I'm home :yay:

• Like 4

Hesperia,Southern CA (High Desert area). Zone 8b

Elevation; about 3600 ft.

Lowest temp. I can expect each year 19/20*f lowest since I've been growing palms *13(2007) Hottest temp. Each year *106

Not sure what I am still doing up at 4am. It's not a school night though so who cares.

The temperature has been maintaining at 18.5C (65F) since midnight, so we have now had 10 consecutive nights above 18C (64F) here. That has to be a record for us here, surely. This 10 day spell also included 6 consecutive nights above 20C (68F) during that time, 3 consecutive nights above 21C (70F) and one nighttime low that didn't drop below 23.4C (74F).

Some parts of London have gone 9-10 consecutive nights with temperatures above 20C (68F) now, as well as seeing 6-7 nights above 21C (72F) and a one-off low of 25C (77F) during this spell. I'm sure the Met Office will confirm the exact number when the spell of hot nights is over. 

Daytime highs have been well down over the past two days however, only reaching a high of 21C (70F) on Saturday and being totally overcast. Only expecting to reach 24C (75F) on Sunday as well with Sunday night being the first night in 10 days to finally drop below 18C (64F).

Strong Atlantic influence at play now, pushing back the hot, dry Mediterranean/Saharan air mass. Expecting cool, damp and overcast weather for the next week or so.

thumbnail_image0-39.jpg

Edited by UK_Palms

Dry-summer Oceanic climate (9a)

Average annual precipitation - 18.7 inches : Average annual sunshine hours - 1725

:lol: Hate when that happens.. Several more possibilities there this coming week so hopefully you will actually witness it/ get watch the plants enjoy it..

Some of the records set today.. L.A. area were preliminary, no updated #'s posted yet. Hot obviously in all areas, but no record- related posts yet from the S.F. Bay Area, San Joaquin valley ( Fresno/Bakersfield ) Tucson, PHX area NWS'

Flagstaff/ Nor. AZ:

San Diego area :
Riverside: 109F Old record 108F in 2015
San Jacinto: 109F Old record 107F in 2015
Lake Elsinore: 114F Old record 113F in 1994
Alpine 102F Old record 101F 1994
Idyllwild: 95F Old record 94F 2001
Campo: 108F This breaks the record of 107F that has been tied 5 times since established in ..1943..

**Prelim. #'s from L.A./ Ventura area:
Woodland Hills: 110F Old record 108F in 1987
D.T. Los Angeles: 98F *tie 98 set in 1994
Camarillo: 90F Old record: 89F in 2015
Oxnard NWS: 86F *tie 86 in 1994
Santa Maria: 89F Old record 88F in 1983

Sacramento. No additional #'s posted yet but i know many areas up there were forecast to come close/ exceed their daily records today.
 Downtown Sacramento: *Tie 111F. Old record 111F 2006. They could add 2-5 deg sometime next week to potential highs for a day or two.

...On top of the heat/ scattered "Monsoonal" storms across CA. today, this occurred in far Northern CA...

..And one of many pictures/ videos confirming it.  Never heard of a Nat. Weather Service Office issuing such a warning, ever. ** All credits to the photographer/poster**

Next slug of shower/ possible t-storm generating moisture currently approaching Santa Barbara from the south.  If it holds together/ continues to develop ( as forecast ) will be in the Bay Area/ areas north and east later tonight/tomorrow..  After the numerous small fires sparked today, ..and yet another night of rolling blackouts from PG&E, keep an eye to the sky, if awake.

Next surge of moisture for S. Cal ( and the rest of the state  ) is a massive cluster of storms racing west across N. Mexico/ far S. AZ as thought.  Don't be surprised if some of you out there wake up to passing sprinkles.. 

Phoenix?.. We might get finally get something tomorrow as the steering flow around this heat dome turns easterly as the high starts shifting toward Las Vegas/ Utah.

Big storms this evening/tonight just missed Tucson.. Nogales, on both sides of the border,  got slammed. Further north please!:yay::D

• Like 1

A picture is worth a thousand words. 

gute Nacht!

20200815_234546.jpg

5 year high 42.2C/108F (07/06/2018)--5 year low 4.6C/40.3F (1/19/2023)--Lowest recent/current winter: 4.6C/40.3F (1/19/2023)

Another day of record heat, another blown opportunity for rain..  Phoenix hit 115F again, breaking the old record of 113F.

This is all she ( or he ) wrote across Chandler and the rest of the valley after ..what was looking like one of the better Monsoon set ups this year, broke down as what storms formed up in the mountains to the east, splintered sending the best looking storms southwest toward Casa Grande, and a smaller batch southwest toward Tonapah on the far western edge of town.

Barely caught this wall o' dust as it rolled in.  We'll see what tomorrow brings, besides more heat.  115F forecast again both in Phoenix, and here in Chandler..  Maybe now that we've had a legit "Haboob" we'll get some rain... As nasty as it looks here, same wall of dust shut down the I-10 near Picacho/ Eloy down by Tucson.

Approach from the south
DSC09126.JPG.b471b5328691cfe8b71c053abb40ba34.JPG

Nice contrast between blue sky and ..The Dust of Doom, Muah Ha! Ha!
DSC09128.JPG.3dc6bbec17ae862a0e2502d8399446b8.JPG

DSC09129.JPG.ec02c899625b4501db65410678ffcbb9.JPG

See ya' later Sunshine..
DSC09131.JPG.7927c43b6e6ecd871a0090b0ed16a9d8.JPG

Rolling up the street. Can usually see several traffic lights down to the south.
DSC09130.JPG.1dad7806c8dbc1f590b1731e4bc22976.JPG

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Some of those southern storms made their way up to Oregon.  Our forecast of sunny and 100F was altered at the last minute and we had steady cloud cover move in bringing some humidity and darker clouds in the afternoon.  It affected our projected daily high as the sun was completely blocked out and I recorded a max of 93F.  We actually had a good rain shower for about 5 minutes and the odd drop continued to fall here and there for a couple hours.  So the plants got a misting but that was about it.

• Like 2

11:51pm pst Aug/17/2020

24C 

20200817_235023.jpg

87°F (31°C) here today, very pleasant. Thunderstorm last night dropped over an inch of rain in about 15 minutes, we’re in a drought so it was much needed.

Still can’t get over 130°F (54°C) in Death Valley.

• Like 3

We hit 40°C today.

20200818_170630.jpg

• Like 3

Really enjoying these warm nights! 

20200818_233805.thumb.jpg.bd9db106b4168440b533f9171b6479e7.jpg

• Like 1

Hesperia,Southern CA (High Desert area). Zone 8b

Elevation; about 3600 ft.

Lowest temp. I can expect each year 19/20*f lowest since I've been growing palms *13(2007) Hottest temp. Each year *106

97F just after 9PM MST after adding another day to seemingly unstoppable records.. 115F in Phoenix breaks the daily record of 113F and is day 12 at/above 115F, day 42 above 110F, and day 24 w/ an overnight low at 90/ above 90F.  Lots of smoke again this afternoon both rotating in from fires in Colorado and 1 of 16 fires around AZ. Fire that is sending smoke into the valley is also burning in/around long distribution high voltage lines used by one of our local Electricity companies prompting them to issue an advisory to conserve power since, depending on how the fire grows, they could have to shut down those transmission lines again at any time. W/ the heat, lots of strain on local grids.

No showers today but some forecasts suggesting a potential for storms to pop up after 1AM ..though i don't see anything obvious upstream in New Mexico that might trigger any activity here.  Possible uptick in activity tomorrow as a Gulf Surge triggered by Hurricane Genevieve spreads north and east from Yuma. Same surge of moisture may bump Dew Points into the sultry 60-70 range by Friday/ over the weekend. At the same time, the extreme heat backs off.. Might only reach 105-109F between Friday and Sunday. 110 /110+ heat returns as soon as Monday.. We'll see if dynamics are good enough to get some wet storms out of Genevieve's moisture either Sat/Sun. We'll also see just how long the next round of 110F heat sticks around.. Won't get into it, but there may be an end in sight as we round out the month and start September.

On a side note, as feared, the extreme lightning event that roared across the San Francisco Bay Area/ Nor. Cal last weekend has ignited countless fires, many of which have grown considerably as the week has gone on.. Think the count was something like 397 fires last time i'd checked.. Anyway, some of the most serious are several large fire complexes occurring around the Bay Area itself w/ most attention currently focused on a complex of fires in the Santa Cruz Mountains, and another over in the Vacaville area.  To date, 300,000acres have burned just since Saturday..

With no rain in the forecast and things to stay warm -though maybe not nearly as extreme, -heat wise- going forward, all fires look to continue to spread.  Know the area where the fire complex is occurring in the Santa Cruz Mountains well, and have friends/ family that have had to evacuate.  At least at this point, the most significant damage may be to one of California's most iconic spots.  That said, much could change in the coming days.

Some of the tweets from the region, Via Daniel Swain who runs the Weather West Blog/Web Site

Santa Cruz Area info.

Fire from another on-going complex now marching up the slope of MT. Hamilton ( Prominent peak/ Observatory in the Diablo Range, east of San Jose ) Also know this area well..

Map showing all the "Hot Spots of all major fires in the S.F. Monterey Bay region.

7pm update of the LNU Complex, up in the North Bay.

Not a good start to what is looking like a long fire season ahead...

• Like 2

20200819_234901.jpg

• Like 1

What most people would consider perfect weather.  Long term forecast is like ground hog day - mid 80's and sun during the day and upper 50's at night.

• Like 1

A smokey and partly cloudy 100F just after 12:30PM MST. As forecast, Humidity/Dew points are up ( 26%/ 61 Deg atm ) and anticipated to jump a bit more over the next 2-3 days.  Smell of distant rain hanging in the air this morning after a few storms rolled through around 2AM. Rain stayed on the far east side of the East valley though. None here at the house. Lots of lightning however.

Set up for storms is a bit better than yesterday ( direr than anticipated air shredded anything trying to come down into the Valley, off the rim until well after midnight ) but as always, ..and especially this year, the devil is in the details.  All of Central/ Southern AZ is under a " Marginal  Risk " again today, so we'll see what happens. Crossing my fingers for something a bit better than last night, lightning-wise..  And that storms come roaring in a few hours earlier. Been awhile since i have been up til 3AM lol..

Not bad, but really after those elusive, big, bright Clear Air Cloud to Ground-ers. ( caught at least one ) The one great thing about storms rolling in after midnight is little to no passing traffic in view. 
MOV09249_Moment(5).jpg.c54840cd2b67ebe15c6c607399ff9b7e.jpg

MOV09249_Moment(11).jpg.755a31f22265595063121267641eeea6.jpg

MOV09252_Moment.jpg.cfbdb21bf0961c78b1023485d6a3c17a.jpg

MOV09250_Moment(6).jpg.b712b629f165e421072e72a1ab2b02da.jpg

MOV09257_Moment.jpg.f1aa703db1b28d40f5b90b0141467d9c.jpg

And yes, i know they're a bit grainy..  I'll be dealing w/ that later ;)

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

A partly cloudy and humid 96F at 11:37Am MST 

A lot to unpack today so going to keep it as simple as possible.. To see what shots i was able to get last night, go to the "Season of Fire and Rain" Thread. 

As anticipated, storms roared through the valley last night though compared to how nasty things looked on Radar/ Satellite, rain -of any significance- was widely scattered with downtown Phoenix seeing good totals. As the tweet says, Sky Harbor saw nearly an inch of rain in under an hour. 1" is the August average..  Crazy considering how dry years' monsoon season has been. Some interesting parallel to some studies suggesting that as the region get warmer, we might have less days of monsoon activity ( longer dry spells ) but, when storms occur, they're much stronger and dump more rain in a short amount of  time.

As you can see from this map, most areas throughout the area saw much less or nothing, esp. here in the East valley.

Despite quite the wind event here and decent lightning, only saw sprinkles. Could have been much more.  Moisture from Genevieve has raised humidity and dew points as expected.. Dew point is currently 64F w/ Humidity at 37% which isn't bad for near mid day here in the Desert in the summer.

Forecast for the weekend stays the same: Humid, not as hot. After last night's activity, storm chances are less today due to a worked over atmosphere but chances look better Sat. or Sun. Possible they extend into Monday but we'll see. Some models dry things out. regardless, 109-113F heat returns by then but may be short lived.. Interesting changes possible around/ after next weekend. 

As for the fires across central CA, not looking good.. Pretty amazed how much land has been chewed up -just since last weekend- and a good %'age of that total is in /around the Bay Area..

Latest evac. orders around Santa Cruz now include the University of Santa Cruz and all of Scott's Valley.. or pretty much everything west of Highway 17 ( for those familiar w/ the area )  Fire isn't there but creeping closer.  Weather conditions don't really improve much and may get interesting again next week, ..and possibly toward the start of September..

...And, considering we're closing in on September,.. there was this from forecaster Judah Cohen.. Yep, time to start looking toward the winter ahead..

• Like 1

90°F (32°C) here, very humid with a dew point of 79°F (26°C) making it feel like 105°F (41°C).

The warming Atlantic has really been pumping up the humidity here, it was already humid but for the last several summers it’s been full on Florida-like for weeks at time.

Edited by cm05

Currently right at the century mark. Cells have popped up to the southeast, sending some light wind gusts from the wrong direction. Hopeful for some precipitation and a much needed break from triple digits. 

May or may not get clipped by this system. Hoping it turns into more than Just the lighting I have been seeing. It also seems to have the potential to skirt around this little rain shadow of ours.

Summer #2, no rain since April. (Or at all last summer)

alas, it’s nice to have something different to see in the sky. 

CA79C0D4-ECCD-4C6E-9B60-B889E5A03072.thumb.jpeg.d0f46ef926a98b26b0acd76a0348794e.jpeg

:36_14_15[1]:

• Like 2

It's been a weird week for August.  Perpetually overcast, raining most of the day, high 70's and low 80s for highs - but still mid-70s at night.

Lakeland, FL

USDA Zone 1990: 9a  2012: 9b  2023: 10a | Sunset Zone: 26 | Record Low: 20F/-6.67C (Jan. 1985, Dec.1962) | Record Low USDA Zone: 9a

30-Year Avg. Low: 30F | 30-year Min: 24F

20200823_013023.jpg

On 8/22/2020 at 7:00 PM, RyManUtah said:

Currently right at the century mark. Cells have popped up to the southeast, sending some light wind gusts from the wrong direction. Hopeful for some precipitation and a much needed break from triple digits. 

May or may not get clipped by this system. Hoping it turns into more than Just the lighting I have been seeing. It also seems to have the potential to skirt around this little rain shadow of ours.

Summer #2, no rain since April. (Or at all last summer)

alas, it’s nice to have something different to see in the sky. 

CA79C0D4-ECCD-4C6E-9B60-B889E5A03072.thumb.jpeg.d0f46ef926a98b26b0acd76a0348794e.jpeg

:36_14_15[1]:

You get dumped on last night? Looked like it on Radar/ Satellite.

107F just after noon MST..  Supposed to hit 113-115F later but not sold on the forecast.. Lots of smoke in the air and showers trying to develop down by Tucson which might send clouds this way around the time of peak heating.  Regardless, looks like this will be the hottest day of the week before highs start a slow trend downward by the weekend. If forecast temps end up as forecast, we will hit 50 or 51 days at/above 110F by Friday.. Might see temps -Below- 105F by next Monday or Tuesday.. -We'll see-..

Storm chances are all over the place.. SPC has Central/ Southern AZ under the "Marginal Risk" category both tomorrow and Wed. Some forecasts look optimistic, other forecasts don't develop much here on either day. Some offer rain chances thru Saturday, others stay much drier.. Completely wasted opportunities for widespread rain chances over the weekend as well. Plenty humid and Dew-point muggy.. Lot of CAPE ( Convective Available Potential Energy ) too but a tightly capped atmosphere killed anything that even dared trying to descend off the mountains into the deserts..   We'll see what the last week of the month brings..  Already talk of what the winter ahead may look like..

45 minutes ago, Silas_Sancona said:

You get dumped on last night? Looked like it on Radar/ Satellite.

I did! I’ll compile a report later; it’s a work day for me. Poured for over an hour. Unfortunately, I think the batteries in my rain gauge are fried. It’s reads “- - -“.

• Like 1

84F and muggy as all get out, as expected for late August.  Fortunately, the rains have been consistent lately, let's hope it keeps up for another month.

Currently 97F and a little muggy. 
we had some moisture come our way, and a lot of it. Rained over 2” in some areas in less than an hour. 

we had an overnight low in the upper 60s F. Quite the relief. Very humid today, by desert standards. 

Lightning created a couple brush fires, but the rain seemed to put them out. 

2304D020-EB19-4053-A0AB-B18369D75E5C.thumb.jpeg.46f606c483173ca760afea5718cac0a0.jpeg406E2221-5814-475D-905D-97CC4249BC61.jpeg.b9b56eb1f5e1c453ddad6cbd05c3de61.jpeg

Pretty intense storm. A few sinkholes appears throughout the area, and plenty of mud to clean up. Glad to report zero damage; others didn’t get off as easily.

D47940D9-A637-4865-8CC6-7A00B939CCEF.jpeg.3225508bd427d5f2ff664ba3a4478f6c.jpeg

Here’s some aftermath and a lightning video:

D92433BF-C626-4A86-ADD2-E1F6229766ED.jpeg.25ff7b253d08234ec5992bff517e6c36.jpeg

7591BC2D-1C1B-4334-93C2-5E8161C8F857.jpeg.3b34e770e5120faa1a7c103ffd4d4ce9.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, RyManUtah said:

Currently 97F and a little muggy. 
we had some moisture come our way, and a lot of it. Rained over 2” in some areas in less than an hour. 

we had an overnight low in the upper 60s F. Quite the relief. Very humid today, by desert standards. 

Lightning created a couple brush fires, but the rain seemed to put them out.

Pretty intense storm. A few sinkholes appears throughout the area, and plenty of mud to clean up. Glad to report zero damage; others didn’t get off as easily.

Glad that at least you are alright.

• Like 1

Lakeland, FL

USDA Zone 1990: 9a  2012: 9b  2023: 10a | Sunset Zone: 26 | Record Low: 20F/-6.67C (Jan. 1985, Dec.1962) | Record Low USDA Zone: 9a

13 hours ago, kinzyjr said:

Glad that at least you are alright.

Everyone is fine to my knowledge; we are grateful for the water . :greenthumb:

• Like 1

Dew points of 80F here twice that I have seen over the past couple days, which is fairly rare here and led to a heat index of 95F and 5am yesterday.

Day #48 of 110F/1110F+ highs.. A Smokey, Hazy, ..Smoggy  111F this Wednesday afternoon here in the East Valley..  Some forecasts suggest a chance of storms today, but not buying it. Conditions are drier than yesterday and anything that formed up in the mountains, stayed there /died out up there. Outflow from the strongest weren't enough to pop anything as the boundary rolled south across the Valley. Looking outside, anticipate a repeat today ( Tough to see any storms over the mountains anyway w/all the smoke/dust ).  Dries out even more ( If that is even possible, lol ) tomorrow/ Friday. " Yawn-soon " continues..

That said.. the light at the end of this sizzle fest may be ahead.. Friday ..might... be our last 110F/110F+ for the year. Models continue suggesting a low off Nor. Cal will shove the High over the Southwest toward El Paso / N.E. Mexico and open the door the the first hint of change toward Fall. Highs fall to between 104-108F Saturday, possibly only reaching 100-102F Sunday. Even better, we might have TWO ..Yes! 2 days of highs BELOW 100F Tuesday/ Wednesday. Lows may drop into the 70s both evenings.

Considering this summer's tack record, i have very little faith in the suggestion but same passing trough may be enough to pull up better moisture and up rain chances across the state -Inc. the Deserts- Sunday- Wednesday, maybe into Friday next week.. Big cool down anticipated north of AZ that eventually brings quite an early chill to the Plains/ further east next week. Won't last, but a sign that summer 2020 is on the wane.

• Like 1

Well, Phoenix did it ( not sure it's something to be proud of though, lol )  Day 50.. of afternoon high temps at /above 110F. Also marked day 28 recording a low of 90F or greater.. Currently 109F here in Chandler, 111F at Sky Harbor near downtown Phoenix. Thankfully, " The buck stops here " -so to say- At least for now.. BIG changes already starting to occur across AZ.  For one, A bit breezy atm and that has blown most of the smoke that has sat over the Valley for ..a week?.. to the North East. Still hazy, but at least the sky is blue again:indifferent: ..and, unlike last night, no strong smell of smoke. 

Some quick, "Pop Corn"-type storms across the deserts today, but more numerous compared to the last few days, esp. across S.E. AZ. Big Gulf Surge already working it's way north from the tip of Baja /Coastal Plain of Sonora/ Sinaloa thanks, in part, to Tropical Storm Hernan which is forecast to drift out to sea well away from land west of Cabo. If everything works out, could see quite a bit of rain by Sunday or Monday. While the precip. forecasts will fluctuate until actual rainfall is tallied, good potential for anywhere from .75"- 2.0/ 2.25" across the central part of the state, inc. the valley.

Transitional Season rain/storm Events are hard to nail down with any consistency here.  Decent potential for the usual severe weather suspects: Strong storms/ wind, flash flooding, especially in areas where on going wildfires have stripped the land this year.. Dust storm potential might be less due to the infrequent but scattered enough showers some spots south of us have seen over that past week.  The best part? ..Highs go from the 110s today to the high 90s/ around 100-101F tomorrow.. mid 90s Sunday and possibly Monday.

Unfortunately, looks like everything dries out and we make another run toward adding a few more 110F highs to this year's already absurd tally. Regardless, at this point, that next  "heat wave " -if it happens, doesn't look to last long.. Already seeing a -potentially bigger- cool down on the horizon.  Regardless, Lows are anticipated to stay below the mid 80s this time around.

Hopefully i don't forget to charge the camera tonight... 

• Like 3

A very comfortable 78F with off and on downpours today.

• Like 1

Lakeland, FL

2 hours ago, kinzyjr said:

A very comfortable 78F with off and on downpours today.

I agree, very comfortable today. We received almost 5" of rain in the last 24 hours, the palms love it and so do I!

• Like 2

Lived in Cape Coral, Miami, Orlando and St. Petersburg Florida.

2 hours ago, Palmaceae said:

I agree, very comfortable today. We received almost 5" of rain in the last 24 hours, the palms love it and so do I!

It keeps on raining, almost 7" and more coming.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Palmaceae said:

It keeps on raining, almost 7" and more coming.

We are under a rain train, 8" and counting!

2 hours ago, Palmaceae said:

We are under a rain train, 8" and counting!

I know this thread is about temps, but 9" of rain in 24 hours! This raining season is almost over and this is a great ending!

• Like 3

On 8/30/2020 at 8:59 PM, Palmaceae said:

I know this thread is about temps, but 9" of rain in 24 hours! This raining season is almost over and this is a great ending!

Another comfy day.  Low 80s with lots of rain.  I think you got our entire month's worth of rain in 24 hours!

• Like 1

Lakeland, FL