IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

What is your current yard temperature?

GottmitAlex

88F yesterday, 89-90 today, 85-92 thru the upcoming weekend and next Monday..  Cools back to about 80 Tue. - Thursday ..then back to the lower 80s.. Lows hang in the 50s / lower 60s in the warmest urban spots..  Nothing but sun and a few clouds at times for awhile, unless something changes of course.

• Like 2

A day of November Rain.  Maybe this will make up for the one month delay on the rainy season this year.

202111050955_Weather.jpg

• Like 1

Lakeland, FL

USDA Zone 1990: 9a  2012: 9b  2023: 10a | Sunset Zone: 26 | Record Low: 20F/-6.67C (Jan. 1985, Dec.1962) | Record Low USDA Zone: 9a

30-Year Avg. Low: 30F | 30-year Min: 24F

Lows in the upper 40, highs in the low 70s. Ample sunshine. Nothing of significance to write about. Seems stable for now. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

58F at 8 a.m. Coldest since last spring.

Meg

Palms of Victory I shall wear

Cape Coral (It's Just Paradise)
Florida
Zone 10A on the Isabelle Canal
Elevation: 15 feet

I'd like to be under the sea in an octopus' garden in the shade.

Got to 39F this morning. I got up too late too see but I think there might have been some patchy frost. A few plants look a little cold stressed but no real damage from what I can see.

It's currently 11.9C (53F) at 3am here and the temperature is maintaining under decent cloud cover. London is still 13C (56F) right now, which is very mild for the early hours of morning at 51N in mid-November. Nowhere in the UK is at or below freezing tonight. The lowest station is currently 3.2C in the Scottish Highlands.

iles_britanniques_now11.jpg.0bfd6e1b54b0faea2b3866482cad0c32.jpg

Here are the temperatures across Europe right now. Except for the Italian and Greek Med regions, southern England is probably the warmest place in Europe tonight. There are widespread frosts across Scandinavia, Germany and France tonight. Paris is down to 0C (32F) at 3am, compared to +13C (56F) in London, which is just 210 miles away from Paris. Clearly a strong maritime presence for the UK and a very mild night in southern England. Last night was actually warmer than tonight with a low of just 14.7C (58F) here. Quite balmy for the time of year.

europe_now12.jpg.4e46f774f3a9287530d2223ddc876e93.jpg

The French have some excellent meteorological institutes and data accessibility is second to none. Some of their software puts the UK's Met Office and America's NOAA to shame, especially in regards to data availability and how it is presented in maps, charts, tables etc. I mean the quality of the real-time weather maps I have posted above is brilliant. Relevant to funding and size, Meteo-France is probably the best meteorological institute in the world. It's certainly right up there with the NOAA and the Met Office. I just love these temperature maps. Here is their current real-time US map, in degrees celcius of course... :lol:

etats_unis_now.jpg.9ae9bba16da8cc6dab2de21f9087428f.jpg

• Like 2

Dry-summer Oceanic climate (9a)

Average annual precipitation - 18.7 inches : Average annual sunshine hours - 1725

13c in London!  Nice!!

16c here in my neck of the woods. 

• Like 1

5 year high 42.2C/108F (07/06/2018)--5 year low 4.6C/40.3F (1/19/2023)--Lowest recent/current winter: 4.6C/40.3F (1/19/2023)

6 hours ago, GottmitAlex said:

13c in London!  Nice!!

16c here in my neck of the woods. 

The skies did eventually clear and central London bottomed out at 11C / 52F at 6am. Pretty damn mild for a mid-November night still, given the 51N latitude. 

977200B8-271E-4371-8EA5-B528BB57ADE2.png.277cf2c24dec9253992ae0ba514f5418.png

There was widespread frost in Germany and Scandinavia last night. A few places down to -4C (24F) in central and southern Germany. The area near the North Sea much warmer though. This map may interest you as I am assuming you may have German ancestors / family? @GottmitAlex

10D35F9A-D5DF-4D1E-AE3B-D19A161CE197.png.1f571be93d063218a9de32dd0cb8af01.png

7am temps across Scandinavia. Coastal areas generally holding up above freezing though. Inland is a whole different story at this time of year. -14C / 7F in the north of Norway and Sweden last night. Not the coldest so far though as they have already gone down to -23C / -10F there last week. 

6C6C8BBE-DE22-423B-BE42-1E7183934206.png.8fcf3eaf62a53d0afa0c1104c3eece91.png

Pretty cold across Spain as well last night with the inland areas below freezing. 0C in Madrid and 0C in Granada, Andalusia on the south coast. 

D3EDF466-34B8-4CCA-9CE3-B879846A1568.png.82c2eaaf49a7ed22cb7d5a6a2975d663.png

It’s currently 16C / 61F here at midday with decent sunshine. 16C in London as well, so a very good day by mid-November standards. I’m expecting it to get colder this weekend looking at the forecast. Nothing below freezing though. 

C78B0298-EBDC-4C77-8C7F-95186279537C.jpeg.2072cfaad58940006c4c1e654aad9184.jpeg

• Like 2

Average annual precipitation - 18.7 inches : Average annual sunshine hours - 1725

Still pretty toasty here in souther italy yesterday with 30°C in my garden (low was 17)
Definitely meant to go down next week with the cold spell hitting the Balcans 

DE95CDA6-6830-48F7-9AD6-CFCA24BAABF8.jpeg

• Like 1

@tropicalplantdude 30C in Italy in mid-November!? I don’t know what part of Italy you are located in exactly, but even in Malta they didn’t go above 21C today. Sicily has been colder than southern England today, so I find it hard to believe you guys reached 30C yesterday! I think the November record for Italy is only 25-26C lol. 

5C43ADDF-5843-40E2-80DB-2AF116D37B8A.jpeg.61f08546d8fc6ac38bd5db2844a1c18d.jpeg

The highest value on this map is 21C in Malta. I think yesterday it was no more than 22-23C there and certainly cooler on the Italian mainland. I don’t think anywhere in Europe has ever reached 30C in mid-November before. Even in the Canary Islands. I could be wrong though. It’s crazy if that 30C recording is reputable, which I doubt it is.

6D5C7442-127C-47CA-BAE0-B86A9F0C1C6F.png.b995395c1be9b21b64462408461f8172.png

@UK_Palms Well idk if it's 30° 100% sure but definitely was a lot warmer 23...I'm in sorrento coast (Naples) n i recorded this temp in my garden, specifically in a really exposed area that's particularly prone to having amazing temp difference between night n day, I'm no stranger to this kind of situations. Also the whole southern italy has been in a souther circulation thanks to the depression developped on the western Mediterranean so we have registered record temps (ex Palermo, sicily had 27 degrees at 1am last week). 
climate is so harder to register and predict on a large scale so please consider that too, microclimates are a really good example of that 

Edited by tropicalplantdude
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, UK_Palms said:

@tropicalplantdude 30C in Italy in mid-November!? I don’t know what part of Italy you are located in exactly, but even in Malta they didn’t go above 21C today. Sicily has been colder than southern England today, so I find it hard to believe you guys reached 30C yesterday! I think the November record for Italy is only 25-26C lol. 

5C43ADDF-5843-40E2-80DB-2AF116D37B8A.jpeg.61f08546d8fc6ac38bd5db2844a1c18d.jpeg

The highest value on this map is 21C in Malta. I think yesterday it was no more than 22-23C there and certainly cooler on the Italian mainland. I don’t think anywhere in Europe has ever reached 30C in mid-November before. Even in the Canary Islands. I could be wrong though. It’s crazy if that 30C recording is reputable, which I doubt it is.

6D5C7442-127C-47CA-BAE0-B86A9F0C1C6F.png.b995395c1be9b21b64462408461f8172.png

In the top left corner of the last picture which says 21.1 °C on Malta is recorded at 6am morning isnt it?

21 minutes ago, Will said:

In the top left corner of the last picture which says 21.1 °C on Malta is recorded at 6am morning isnt it?

You are right, my mistake! Apologies. I am still getting used to this weather website since it is all in French! I did select the 4pm temperatures but it displayed that 6am map instead for some reason, which I should have realised. Therefore I have had to select the 6pm temperatures in order to get a comprehensive listing of all the stations. If I select 4pm, it will revert to the highest 6am temps, which we don't want. Therefore these temperatures may be a shade below what they would have been at 4pm, so I will factor that in. Although these may be the maximum temperatures for the 12 or 24 hour period up until 6pm though. I'm not 100% sure.

Here is the actual map for yesterday, 10th November, showing the highest recordings, either at 6pm or for the period for 6am - 6pm. It was certainly very warm across Italy and Greece with temperatures well above average for the time of year. I mean it is certainly warmer than I realised to be fair. I can see a few stations showing 23-24C, but nothing remotely close to 30C. I suppose you can't rule out an isolated 30C having occurred somewhere. How likely is that though? Central Italy actually appears warmer than south Italy. I also see some 26-27C recordings in Turkey as well, which is extremely warm for the time of year. As warm as Cairo, Egypt I believe. Interesting. 

image0.png.ac82cbd369906f998d2db313b6d497b9.png  

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, UK_Palms said:

You are right, my mistake! Apologies. I am still getting used to this weather website since it is all in French! I did select the 4pm temperatures but it displayed that 6am map instead for some reason, which I should have realised. Therefore I have had to select the 6pm temperatures in order to get a comprehensive listing of all the stations. If I select 4pm, it will revert to the highest 6am temps, which we don't want. Therefore these temperatures may be a shade below what they would have been at 4pm, so I will factor that in. Although these may be the maximum temperatures for the 12 or 24 hour period up until 6pm though. I'm not 100% sure.

Here is the actual map for yesterday, 10th November, showing the highest recordings, either at 6pm or for the period for 6am - 6pm. It was certainly very warm across Italy and Greece with temperatures well above average for the time of year. I mean it is certainly warmer than I realised to be fair. I can see a few stations showing 23-24C, but nothing remotely close to 30C. I suppose you can't rule out an isolated 30C having occurred somewhere. How likely is that though? Central Italy actually appears warmer than south Italy. I also see some 26-27C recordings in Turkey as well, which is extremely warm for the time of year. As warm as Cairo, Egypt I believe. Interesting. 

image0.png.ac82cbd369906f998d2db313b6d497b9.png  

You also have to take in account that there are a lot of Microclimates too. He mentioned "in my garden". I guess its a well sheltered spot which gets a lot of sun.  

My garden in Eastern Austria also temperatures ranging from 25  down to 14 at the same time last week. With the minimum of 0.7°C at the 14 max spot and 2.7°C at the spot where it hit 25°C. 

@UK_Palms 

thanks @Will that's what i meant! In my garden i have a huge array of microclimates, some colder, some warmer. About the temp map: 6pm is 1h after sunset at this time of year n temps can go down quite readily as that night it was still n the skies were clear, I'm in a valley so that is even amplified  (your map shows near my location 23,7 at that time). With that being said i think we can assume that 28/30 at 1 to 3pm is quite a reasonable temp for those circumstances. 

2 hours ago, tropicalplantdude said:

@UK_Palms Well idk if it's 30° 100% sure but definitely was a lot warmer 23...I'm in sorrento coast (Naples) n i recorded this temp in my garden, specifically in a really exposed area that's particularly prone to having amazing temp difference between night n day, I'm no stranger to this kind of situations. Also the whole southern italy has been in a souther circulation thanks to the depression developped on the western Mediterranean so we have registered record temps (ex Palermo, sicily had 27 degrees at 1am last week). 
climate is so harder to register and predict on a large scale so please consider that too, microclimates are a really good example of that 

Sorry I wasn't trying to be ignorant or anything, it's just that 30C anywhere in Europe during mid-November is very extreme, especially on the mainland. Almost certainly record breaking for the continent. Cairo in Egypt only reached 26C on the same day (Wednesday) and Tenerife in the Canaries only reached 24C. They are subtropical 11a zones. If they had 30C that would be considered above average or 'hot' for the time of year. So 30C in Italy in mid-November is bordering on crazy, but I suppose it's not impossible. You do say that you have had record breaking temps there.

Do you happen to know what your nearest 'official' station recorded? I have recorded 39C / 102F here before in summer, when my nearest 'official' station only recorded 36C / 98F using a Stevenson screen and official equipment. So personal weather stations do tend to record higher temperatures, although that doesn't automatically make them false. I will give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you did record 30C in a favourable spot in your garden (providing it was fully shaded). The Naples region has a high of 21.6C near the coast on the map above though. 23.7C if you go slightly further inland.

As for Palermo reading 27C at 1am in early November, well... you're going to have to explain that one to me. I have checked the Falcone-Borsellino airport station on Wunderground and it seems on November 6th they were only at 21C at 4pm, only to then shoot all the way up to 28C at 11pm! How is that even possible lol? Especially in November! There was obviously no solar heating beyond 4pm at this time of year and even a generous southerly wind isn't going to raise the temperature from 21C at 4pm right up to 28C by 11pm in November. Assuming the airport data is correct, that is even more crazy than your 30C reading. I'm not saying that it didn't happen, but I genuinely have more questions than answers now!

Edited by UK_Palms

@@UK_Palms  No worries! I'm the first one to be skeptical about these temps sometimes but this time I'm 90% sure that was it as 30 isn't hot for us at all XD. About Palermo hitting 28 at night there's a fascinating phenomenon called favonio that is generated by the hot winds blowing hard from south (scirocco, ostro, libeccio sry idk if there even is a translation to those winds if not in spanish or greek) that encounter a group of mountains (monti nebrodi). Being Palermo on the north side of these mountains the wind going downhill heats up and looses humidity making it a hell on earth on its path. Similar thing happens here where i live since i live on the north side of the monti lattari, just on a smaller scale due to the higher humidity as we are on a peninsula.

moral of the story is that climate is basically impossible to predict and especially with global warming these events become more and unpredictable.  Just try to ask the causes n then make a conclusion next time, we're  here to share information and learn all together. 
oh and last edit cause I forgot to say that I'm not telling u i have record breaking temps cause many places surely got even warmer than 30 and not only this year, we just can't record temps cm by cm so we have to work only what we know

Edited by tropicalplantdude

@tropicalplantdude Thanks for the explanation, however I still cannot begin to fathom how the temperature can go from 21C at 4pm right up to 28C at 11pm in early November. Like I understand how that could happen, like in terms of the process, but it just seems totally crazy to me. If it happened in May or September when the days are longer, the sun is more intense and temperatures are generally warmer, I wouldn't think twice. But for that to happen in November, this close to winter, well that is just crazy! Do any other places see such a phenomena to this extent?

Regarding the 30C recording, the temperature map I posted does in fact show the highest temps for the day, up until 6pm. I think they take into account the highest 6am - 6pm temperatures, whereas the minima map takes into account the lowest 6pm - 6am temperatures. If I am not mistaken, those are all official stations that are affiliated with Italy's main meteorological institute. Nowhere on that map is reading higher than 24-25C for their maxima on Wednesday. No doubt somewhere did exceed that temperature, but it does also make the 30C reading very questionable if your nearest 'official' station only recorded 23.7C. I suppose the microclimate of your garden could add 6-7C on top of that though, potentially.

@Will 25C in eastern Austria in November!? Again, not impossible but extremely unlikely looking at the records. Vienna's record high for November is 21C and I don't see anything higher than 17C anywhere in Austria last week. Are you recording your temperature in total shade and away from buildings? The only way I can potentially see you hitting 25C at this time of year is if it was recorded in direct sunlight or in a walled courtyard that acts as a sun-trap. The same applies for me here. What did your nearest 'official' station record? If these Italian and Austrian temperature records are genuine, then climate change is clearly even more extreme than I first thought. I don't even mean that sarcastically. 

@UK_Palms in italy we have a few places with the same phenomenon I don't really know about anywhere else tho... it's a really particular phenomenon that occurs also really often here, remember that we're close to the biggest desert on earth so it's quite easy for heat spells to reach us, this is also helped by the fact that this year sea surface temp is above average. About the 23,7 , idk where it was precisely recorded but Naples (23km north from me) that day registered 25° n yet it doesn't get the favonio phenomenon like we do in sorrento coast. That makes my area 2/3 degrees warmer and my garden thanks to the protection from cold air an additional 1/2 degrees warmer

so as a tip from someone who's been confused by forecast readings way too many times I'd suggest to consult more than one (i have three apps and yet none of them gives the same information lol) 

AA95B2DE-0519-4EA8-9433-C028A4A2FD6E.png

Nov 11th, 2021

5:37pm pst 

25C

We had a high today of 36C

They're calling for warmer temps for tomorrow.

IMG_20211111_173519_1.jpg

• Like 2

5 year high 42.2C/108F (07/06/2018)--5 year low 4.6C/40.3F (1/19/2023)--Lowest recent/current winter: 4.6C/40.3F (1/19/2023)

8 hours ago, UK_Palms said:

@tropicalplantdude Thanks for the explanation, however I still cannot begin to fathom how the temperature can go from 21C at 4pm right up to 28C at 11pm in early November. Like I understand how that could happen, like in terms of the process, but it just seems totally crazy to me. If it happened in May or September when the days are longer, the sun is more intense and temperatures are generally warmer, I wouldn't think twice. But for that to happen in November, this close to winter, well that is just crazy! Do any other places see such a phenomena to this extent?

Regarding the 30C recording, the temperature map I posted does in fact show the highest temps for the day, up until 6pm. I think they take into account the highest 6am - 6pm temperatures, whereas the minima map takes into account the lowest 6pm - 6am temperatures. If I am not mistaken, those are all official stations that are affiliated with Italy's main meteorological institute. Nowhere on that map is reading higher than 24-25C for their maxima on Wednesday. No doubt somewhere did exceed that temperature, but it does also make the 30C reading very questionable if your nearest 'official' station only recorded 23.7C. I suppose the microclimate of your garden could add 6-7C on top of that though, potentially.

@Will 25C in eastern Austria in November!? Again, not impossible but extremely unlikely looking at the records. Vienna's record high for November is 21C and I don't see anything higher than 17C anywhere in Austria last week. Are you recording your temperature in total shade and away from buildings? The only way I can potentially see you hitting 25C at this time of year is if it was recorded in direct sunlight or in a walled courtyard that acts as a sun-trap. The same applies for me here. What did your nearest 'official' station record? If these Italian and Austrian temperature records are genuine, then climate change is clearly even more extreme than I first thought. I don't even mean that sarcastically. 

Which forecast do you use? I might try to compare my temperatures with that one. 

25 °C Was measured at a southern facing wall, but the sensor is not in directly sunlight. 

1 hour ago, Will said:

Which forecast do you use? I might try to compare my temperatures with that one. 

25 °C Was measured at a southern facing wall, but the sensor is not in directly sunlight. 

I use multiple forecasts, such as the Met Office and BBC here in the UK as well as Meteo-France. Also the ECMWF and GFS, which are European and US forecast models. Does Austria have a national meteorological institute akin to the Met Office or NOAA? If so, take their records from the nearest station(s) for any given date to approximate your own actual temperatures.

• Like 1

@tropicalplantdude Regardless of ‘official’ temperatures, Italy is definitely the warmest part of Europe right now. I have to give you that. Both daytime and nighttime temperatures seem to be higher in Italy than anywhere else in Europe lately, including Greece. 

Quite a significant frost across central and eastern Europe again last night too. Temperatures down to -4C or -5C in a few places. Scandinavia freezing as well last night m. My low last night here was +13.1C but it is raining quite a bit here this morning and very overcast.

Here are the temperatures around Europe this morning at 6am French time, which is 5am UK time and I believe 9am Italy time. A very mild night again in the Italian and French Med regions as well as in the UK. Temperatures had already risen a bit in Italy on this map, since they are 2 hours ahead…

AA845E37-C77F-4C49-A162-7B948643FBC1.png.71685c2068a9c0c79ad4045f462cc9c8.png

Barely 9:30 AM PST 

We're at 29C

16367381997242413446520412297493.jpg

• Like 3

Well we hit 37C (99F) today  Nov  12 , 2021

IMG-20211112-WA0053_copy_640x445.jpg

• Like 2

@GottmitAlex That is frickin baking hot for mid-November, like bloody hell dude. Even for you guys down there at 32N! Part of a warming trend though, which is naturally occurring, rather than man-made. The earth is naturally in a heating cycle right now, which is escalating in recent years. We are progressively warming globally. Human's may be contributing to it slightly, but the earth has been heating naturally for 300 years now. Human's cannot stop it, or influence it at this point. It is happening. Both naturally and also by our own influence. The UK is arguably the biggest example of climate change right now, with all the palm trees suddenly appearing. I had to go to Kent today for work related reasons and snapped a few palm pics up here at 51N...

D248F00E042B4491A5029F19E1EFC615.jpg.993bf231f006a144ca6dd62347228bea.jpg

F1F089FD101940E494BE49A17C959C32.jpg.216320996b939d3f8c7aacee806c609d.jpg

B5F4941805A54B099932FA8D37314D25.jpg.bfb4bbc3bb27ee46291547c6ad2386b1.jpg

5C3BD45AF840466280A03D5DF64AC9BB.jpg.7e2c51bcb1bf677a760e6feb668523ef.jpg

Here are the European temps at 2am. Yet again Italy stands out along with the UK for mildness, relevant to latitude...

1258239420_europe_now(1)ffdd.jpg.d74367328cccdf08bdd7835b543e3264.jpg

iles_britanniques_now123.jpg.4897d079a01716eaaa1a15eea4bc7410.jpg

france_now.jpg.146dfe1693ee5df5dd7a791d34024ea4.jpg

iberique_now.jpg.926fec3a075d78fdc40db96d69af23da.jpg

allemagne_now.jpg.cb62a075c6663be0112a110473dc1d17.jpg

adriatique_now.jpg.b18dc576dc1a36050f95e3a2469ef092.jpg

Scandinavia is freezing cold, down to -18C in places, although a warm front is moving in from the UK into southern Norway and Sweden...

scandinavie_now.jpg.718d622a3706a95b176137d5cbca0b0b.jpg

3am temps across Europe. I am currently reading 12.2C here at 3am at 51N. Western Europe in general running warm...

1305349175_europe_now(1)gg.jpg.5cda84c48915a6237d0fda16cf628c0a.jpg

100% transparency and general accuracy on European temps here with hundreds of station readings visible. 

Edited by UK_Palms
  • Like 1

Good afternoon from my garden! Today we're having isolated thunderstorms with beautiful rainbows and a high of 25° (currently 21)

2002A5CC-8F3F-4220-B844-9418182B6F1B.jpeg

• Like 2

Today's the topper:

33C and it's barely 1030AM.

Our lows last night did not dip under 22C.  If it weren't for the lack of humidity, we would be in the tropics. Hehe 

IMG_20211113_101450_1.jpg

• Like 3

I had a high of 13.1C / 55F here today at 51N. Dull and overcast all day, but relatively mild for mid-November. No rain either thankfully.

@tropicalplantdude Here's the maximum temps across Europe this afternoon. Southern Spain reached 24-25C but the maximum in Italy was about 22C on Corsica and Sicily. Nowhere was above 20-21C on the Italian mainland. Tunisia in north Africa was also pretty warm at 23-24C. They also had 22-23C in southwest Turkey too. Eastern and central Europe getting pretty cold now with Austria barely reaching 5-6C today. Another hard frost looms for central and eastern Europe tonight.

europe_13_18.jpg.f2cd5fa8995e3c5c5ee8482ed286e9d7.jpg

• Upvote 2

@GottmitAlex well you're lucky to not have humidity with those temps...in fall sometimes we have that heat with 50 to 80% humidity and let me tell u it's deadly, especially at night 

• Like 1

50F @ 6:36 PM CST
Humidity is at 58%

• Like 1

Palms - 4 S. romanzoffiana, 1 W. bifurcata, 2 W. robusta, 1 R. rivularis, 1 B. odorata, 1 B. nobilis, 2 S. palmetto, 1 A. merillii, 1 P. canariensis, 1 BxJ, 1 BxJxBxS, 1 BxS, 3 P. roebelenii, 1 H. lagenicaulis, 1 H. verschaffeltii, 9 T. fortunei, 1 C. humilis, 2 C. macrocarpa, 1 L. chinensis, 1 R. excelsa

Currently 57F.  Had a quick 15 minute downpour after a really foggy morning.  We're way above average in rainfall for what is typically a dry month.  Almost half way through the month and we're at almost double the rainfall average.

202111140000_Weather_wetNovember.jpg

• Like 3

Lakeland, FL

USDA Zone 1990: 9a  2012: 9b  2023: 10a | Sunset Zone: 26 | Record Low: 20F/-6.67C (Jan. 1985, Dec.1962) | Record Low USDA Zone: 9a

30-Year Avg. Low: 30F | 30-year Min: 24F

Currently 75F with 47% humidity and a dew point of 50 at 10:24 AM with high today of 78F. Expected low tonight 59F. California weather!

• Like 2

What you look for is what is looking

UK maxima for Sunday (14/11/21)

CB15674DA74A42729699EA815B469201.png.d65b5a00e2a34fa1406146b3a29e07ac.png

European maxima (14/11/21)

europe_14_18.png.521a2fbbef589b6652e5e653f1a0b6c0.png

Southern Spain the warmest spot in Europe again now for second consecutive day with 25.9C in the town of Huelva and 25.7C at Jerez Airport. 

iberique_14_18.png.df0ee2415c91f533079e35cfbaa075ec.png

Currently 12C (54F) here at midnight after a high of 14C (57F) on Thursday. Aberdeen in western Scotland reached 16.3C (61F) on Thursday afternoon, way up there at 57N. Hawarden in northeast Wales also up to 16C (61F), which is particularly warm for that far north, given that we are 2/3 of the way through November now.

iles_britanniques_18_18.png.0d6da26375f8edbbb9c9f2dc50b4e91f.png

A very mild night indeed for mid-late November at this northern latitude. Aberdeen, Scotland is still at 15C at midnight, way up there at 57N, which is pretty much the same latitude as Juneau, Alaska and Fort McMurray in Alberta, Canada. In fact Aberdeen at 57N is currently 3C warmer than Barcelona down at 41N, which is 16 degrees further south and on the Mediterranean sea. Aberdeen may be on course for a low of just 13-14C (54-56F) tonight in mid-late November, which is surely unprecedented for anywhere in the world at such a latitude (57N). 

1542054255_thumbnail_image0(6).thumb.jpg.c22596a4b33757ed8133fa4c331dc48b.jpg

Here are the current real-time temps around Europe right now at midnight. The UK is looking exceptionally mild to the point that it is almost an anomaly against the rest of the continent, especially northern England and Scotland...

europe_now-2.png.d584273c016d831f1a74fe5bd4679341.png

I shouldn't drop below 10C (50F) here tonight. The temperature is actually rising as I type this and I am up to 12.2C now due to increasing cloud cover. I'll probably see a low of 11C (52F) here come sunrise. St. James Park in London is still holding up at 13.4C (56F). It's colder down here though at 51N in southeastern England than it is up at 57N in western Scotland. That's just crazy. 

This is also on course to be my driest November on record, potentially. Almost 2/3 of the way through the month now and I have only had 0.2 inches here. Not expecting much, if any, during the next 10 days or so. If we do get any rainfall, it will probably be very light. November is often my wettest month, just obviously not this year. There has been a notable absence of storms and wet, windy Atlantic weather this autumn/fall. It has been unnervingly calm, dry and mild. Not really the norm this year, but then again nothing really has been. 2021 has been a weird year.

Edited by UK_Palms

its palm and people perfect weather, 70F 91%RH cloudy.   At 70 degrees and cloudy, the humidity feels nice.  

Formerly in Gilbert AZ, zone 9a/9b. Now in Palmetto, Florida Zone 9b/10a??

Tom Blank