Stevetoad

C. Macrocarpa through the roof

Stevetoad

My C. Mac has busted through my roof. When I built my entry way I was sure to add a nice opening for it to one day grow through. Looking good with some backlighting today. 

6679D193-1755-4DEE-A9F0-09DDB2EA58FA.jpeg

• Upvote 30

Hillizard

Awesome image! :greenthumb:

(Waiting to see if mine makes it through the winter here. It's somewhat protected with a Brachychiton tree functioning as an overhead canopy.)

5150cycad

That color on the new opening leaf is spectacular!!! 

Palm Tree Jim

quaman58

Now that’s some forward looking planning. Beeautiful...

Firepalm

Beautiful! Great lighting and colors in that pic.  Curious to see how well that leaf holds up next summer to the Santee sun if it is the first one to escape the patio awning. I'm finding C. Macrocarpa to be pretty sun tolerant here in Oceanside. Tough plants for sure.

Stevetoad
14 hours ago, Firepalm said:

Beautiful! Great lighting and colors in that pic.  Curious to see how well that leaf holds up next summer to the Santee sun if it is the first one to escape the patio awning. I'm finding C. Macrocarpa to be pretty sun tolerant here in Oceanside. Tough plants for sure.

its not really the first just the biggest so far. to the right you can see the last one to pop through. It did very well considering we had a very hot summer (117f) not to mention the heat coming off the roof itself. I will say that the actual first leaf to pop through got totally fried though. I have hopes that it will do well. 

DoomsDave

YOWZA!

Great picture! Couldn't have done it better myself . . .

That would be a great PSSC picture for the website . . .

DoomsDave
On 11/9/2018, 12:12:19, Stevetoad said:

its not really the first just the biggest so far. to the right you can see the last one to pop through. It did very well considering we had a very hot summer (117f) not to mention the heat coming off the roof itself. I will say that the actual first leaf to pop through got totally fried though. I have hopes that it will do well. 

I have a few right next to my roof, and I'll be curious to see what happens when my Hand Helper and I install white shingles up there.

That heatwave was a real expletive, wasn't it? My Chambeys all got fried but are recovering.

Water water water and more water!

Moose
On ‎11‎/‎9‎/‎2018‎ ‎3‎:‎12‎:‎19‎, Stevetoad said:

:greenthumb: