Sign in to follow this  
bubba

We broke 70F

bubba

While many of you have broken out your sweaters and long pants, down here north of the old Monkey Jungle, we busted 70F for our low temperature. A low of 65F with a high temperature that barely made it to 80F. Also, what seemed like low humidity (probably 65%-70%). Does not take much to make me happy!

• Upvote 3

GottmitAlex
3 hours ago, bubba said:

While many of you have broken out your sweaters and long pants, down here north of the old Monkey Jungle, we busted 70F for our low temperature. A low of 65F with a high temperature that barely made it to 80F. Also, what seemed like low humidity (probably 65%-70%). Does not take much to make me happy!

OK, I'll bite. Where is the monkey jungle?

PalmatierMeg

Got down to 59.2 yesterday a.m. Lowest of the season so far. Blessed relief after the past weeks of relentless swelter.

kinzyjr

We hit 55 two mornings in a row.  Definitely hooded jacket weather after living here for 15 years, but certainly a lot easier to pull weeds in than 95F with 85% humidity.

bubba

Old Monkey Jungle !

Tyrone
On 30/10/2018, 10:33:09, bubba said:

I've never recorded a min as high as 70F ever here. Not even once in 5 years of living here. 

• Upvote 1

bubba

Amazing! Tyrone, you are in Perth, which I imagine to be a nearly perfect climate to live in. Here, just north of the old monkey jungle, it is just shy of hot to most of the world year round. From Thanksgiving to early May, we move into dry season, which includes some great weather, lower humidity and cooler temperatures. Coldest month is January but our average temperature (high and low/2= 67F). 

You have to spend most of the year here to understand and enjoy dry season. Great weather for growing palms and perspiring (even in dry season). Also, for some reason we get a bullrush of folks from the northern part of our country transmigrating away from dreary cold (mainly 212’s, 917’s and 617’s).

• Upvote 1

mdsonofthesouth
9 hours ago, bubba said:

Amazing! Tyrone, you are in Perth, which I imagine to be a nearly perfect climate to live in. Here, just north of the old monkey jungle, it is just shy of hot to most of the world year round. From Thanksgiving to early May, we move into dry season, which includes some great weather, lower humidity and cooler temperatures. Coldest month is January but our average temperature (high and low/2= 67F). 

You have to spend most of the year here to understand and enjoy dry season. Great weather for growing palms and perspiring (even in dry season). Also, for some reason we get a bullrush of folks from the northern part of our country transmigrating away from dreary cold (mainly 212’s, 917’s and 617’s).

Last time I was at a football game against the hurricanes most of the kids from there sounded straight NYC...so i dubbed that part of Florida as the NYC annex lol.

bubba

No Cane Thang here. North of the old monkey jungle...Gators 

• Upvote 1

Tyrone
On 05/11/2018, 10:23:48, bubba said:

I'm nowhere near Perth anymore. About 400km or 250 miles south by road on the cold southern ocean.

bubba

Sorry but hope your Coconut is still going strong in Perth. We may break 70F again if a front makes it through. Continues very hot with highs near 90F and lows in humid 70’sF.

Tyrone
19 hours ago, bubba said:

Sorry but hope your Coconut is still going strong in Perth. We may break 70F again if a front makes it through. Continues very hot with highs near 90F and lows in humid 70’sF.

That's ok. Coconut is dead and gone though. Tenants :angry:

bubba

We did it again! Low of 62F this morning and high today only reaching the mid-70’s! Back to highs in the 80’sF with lows in 70’sF for remainder of 10 day forecast. Humidity all the way down to the mid-60’s. California dreaming...

• Upvote 2

Tyrone
On 14/11/2018, 12:10:26, bubba said:

Sorry Tyrone

That's ok. Beccariophoenix alfredii all the way down here now and with the ability to grow cloud forest stuff like Ceroxylon, Hedyscepe and possibly Leppidorrachis. 

bubba

Tyrone,

If it can be done, you will do it! Happy Thanksgiving from your friends in US!

• Upvote 1