Brad Mondel

Variegated majesty palm

Brad Mondel

I'd like to trade this rare variegated Ravenea rivularis, send me an offer on what you got. I would like to see this palm taken care of in a greenhouse or someone's warm tropical yard!

20181027_224314.thumb.jpg.72c515575fc0a320181027_224332.thumb.jpg.aa7ae432fd6a2f

Edited by Brad Mondel
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Ben in Norcal

Dang. Can you get it to California?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• JohnAndSancho
      By JohnAndSancho
      I dunno what happened. If you remember from previous posts, Old Groot was more of a neon/snot green than normal, I assumed due to sun exposure. I got him back to normal and aside from being more short and bushy than tall and majestic, he seemed healthy. He had a lot of fronds die off at once, but a lot grew back - they all dried out almost instantly. 

Today I get an email from my apartment manager asking me to move my plants due to wind risks from TS Nicholas (btw you might be a palm dork when your apt manager emails you about that), and oof. Groot was white and brown and spear pulled. RIP to the green buddy that led me to Palmtalk, all of you wonderful people, and all of my other green homeys. 

On a side note, cramming all but the heaviest of my plants in this apartment has me wondering what I'll do come winter. I've also chucked 2 Kentias and 5 parlour palms in the trash this week, so fingers crossed there's not some massive die-off going on here. 

Groot
      12/19-9/21

• Missi
      By Missi
      A couple of my favorite (easier to grow) species I noticed when visiting my local botanical garden last month...
      Licuala ramsayi (I just love the form of this specimen, the leaflet widths and arrangement is eye candy), Kerriodoxa elegans, and a majestic and very much happy Ravenea rivularis.

• JohnAndSancho
      By JohnAndSancho
      My phone died so i only have the 1 pic 

Chamaedorea Benezeii (sp?) Getting black spots on the leaflets. Texas heat? Watering issues? I water it a couple times a week, it's still in its 5gal nursery pot on my shaded apartment patio. It does get a good amount of evening sun. 

Groot (r. Rivularis) is pushing a new spear - new spear is curvy. It's shaded by another Rivularis and a W. Robusta. For the back story, this is my first palm, he was yellow for most of 2020, and I recently picked a little Perlite pebble out of the growth point a while ago. He's pushed a couple new normal, albeit small fronds since then. I can get a pic later on after my battery charges. 

• JohnAndSancho
      By JohnAndSancho
      These 2 were both from the orange big box store. The short yellow one was bought in 12/19 and the other one was mail ordered during the lockdown last year. Both came from Costa Farms. 

I'm really trying to figure out why the underpotted one with roots exposed at the top is growing tall and green, while the adequately potted one is bushy and yellow. Both have gotten slow-release Carl Pool fertilizer, every other watering has a drop of Superthrive and a half dose of Alaska fish emulsion, both got some Jobes palm food, both keep pushing new fronds pretty regularly. 

But Groot (the yellow one, and my first palm) keeps growing short fronds and gets bushy, and Groot Junior goes vertical. What's a cheap and dirty solution to get Groot green again?

• ruskinPalms
      By ruskinPalms
      These are one of my favorites. They grow well for me with plenty of water and fertilizer. This was originally planted in probably 2015 or 2016 and was in a 2 gallon pot with 3 others. I let them all grow in the ground for a year or two but then decided to edit out 3 of the 4 so that I could get a big, fat trunk going. Show off your Majesty Palms!