Sign in to follow this  
PalmTreeDude

How Deep Should I Pot Up Palm Seedlings?

PalmTreeDude

How deep should I pot up my palm seedlings? I need to repot all of these in a better draining mix and simply because I believe they are too deeply potted now. How deep should I pot them? I was thinking about this deep (picture), the blue line represents the soil level I am thinking of potting them up at, does this seem right? 

20181011_215851.jpg

jimmyt

Great demo  Pal Meir!  

Palm TreeDude  that mix looks to stay too wet or your Solo cups aren't draining.   I believe you are correct to improve the drainage.  I don't think even S. minor would stand that amount of constant wetness. 

jimmyt

• Upvote 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• NC_Palm_Enthusiast
      By NC_Palm_Enthusiast
      I recently bought three majesty palms growing together in one pot from Lowe’s hardware. I’ve had them growing like this for about two months and they’re doing well; however, I’ve heard that they will grow faster if separated. Should I separate them or is there too much of a chance I would harm the plants by doing so?

• PalmTreeDude
      By PalmTreeDude
      Since I'm at the beach, there are a ton of Sabal minor around and they are absolutely loaded with unripe seed. If I were to take off one of the stalks from the base, do you think the seed would ripen all of the way, or is it too early to be doing that? 

• Marius
      By Marius
      Hi Everyone. 
      I found this beautiful old Sabal minor yesterday at a garden center in a small Free State town.   It was the only one and they didn’t know what it was. They had a couple of other common cold hardy palms too. I got it for the bargain price of USD32. It is an adult plant as it is seeding. 

• Shiveringtropicals
      By Shiveringtropicals
      I got these seeds from Rarepalmseeds a couple of months ago and they have finaly began sprouting.
      Anyone confirmed if they are as cold tolerant as rps says? on the site they where supposed to be able to take -22°C / -8°F but that could be in dry climates only.
      The only palm i have germinated before was Washingtonia robusta but for me most of them died during winter at -6°C 21°F.
      We can get fairly wet winters here so any advice or tips would be greatly appreciated. Has anyone else germinated these or similar varieties what were your results?

• SilverDragon
      By SilverDragon
      Anyone have any bottle palm seeds/seedlings for sale? DM me or reply on here if so, thanks.