Sign in to follow this  
Rickybobby

Tropical depression Gordon

Rickybobby

Darn Gordon. Gone crazy up here. Rained out the final round of pga golf today jet stream is all wonky. We went from 31c a couple days ago to 15c highs last two days and 12c at night pretty rare temps. Then when Gordon is gone back up to 28c. Crazy. I brought my container ranch in to my Palm room for the winter and a couple of my potted palms. The cold east winds are brutal. I also sprayed anti transparent on my outdoor palms to get them through these few days until it warms up. Wilt pruf should help them get through the cool rains coming from Gordon tonight and tomorrow 

GottmitAlex

Hoping for the best! 

PalmatierMeg

Hang on to your hat if Florence heads that way - as it very well might.

• Upvote 1

TexasColdHardyPalms

This is easily the nicest September weather I have witnessed since I moved here.  Lots of rain and nice cloudy days.

PalmatierMeg
13 hours ago, TexasColdHardyPalms said:

This is easily the nicest September weather I have witnessed since I moved here.  Lots of rain and nice cloudy days.

I noticed all the rain clouds on weather maps and thought of you. Will the possible tropical storm in the Yucatan pose a risk or additional benefits?

Rickybobby

So the remnants of Gordon brought in seasonally cold weather which we are no rebounding from and only 8 tenths of an inch of rain so a good soaking but nothing major. The winds were from the east and pretty harsh I brought most of my palms in and the seedlings.