• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• PalmTreeDude
      By PalmTreeDude
      One of my Washingtonia robusta seedlings leaned sideways a bit when it was in the community pot and started to grow that way. I potted it up with the base of the small trunk pointing up. Will this seedling straighten out? 

• Oldmagoo
      By Oldmagoo
      Does anyone know the best way to dig up my 6 foot tall trachy windmill palm and transplant it to another location? I'm here in southeast PA and the palm is 7 years old, about 6 foot trunk. Any suggestions would be great! 
    • Shea
      By Shea
      So, I’ve had this Mediterranean fan palm for about 15 months now.  As you can see, there are 3 major trunks and 2 smaller trunks at the bottom. All the trunks with the exception of the smallest major trunk have been thriving. This specific trunk still grows new fronds but over the past 9 months, the newest fronds start dying from the tips of the leaves and slowly down towards the crown. They are also droopy.  The older fronds don’t seem to be as effected. I’ve had to prune the completely dead ones.  As you can see in the pics, they start out very green and healthy. So, why just this one trunk and what is causing it? I’m in Dallas TX.
      Here are some of the remedies I’ve already tried:
      1. Fungicide. - I’ve been spraying a cooper fungicide into and around the crown about every month.
      2. Insecticide- Sprayed for bugs with a palm safe treatment.
      3. Winterized. This has been happening before winter but, I wrapped the trunk and leaves anyway. Winter wasn’t that bad either here in Dallas. 
      4. They get plenty of water, but not over watering.
      5. They get palm fertilizer twice a year. 
      Seeking advice from you professionals as I’m a newbie to palms. Thanks in advance.  

• kbob11
      By kbob11
      I was just wondering what the typical germination time frame is for Copernicia Baileyana.  I have not found much information online, RPS etc.  I have an 8'' community pot with 6 seeds in a plastic bag at room temperature (70-85F).  Would these benefit from a higher heat?  
      Thanks!
      P.S.  I would really appreciate pictures if anyone has them
      Kirk
      Worcester MA z6a
    • Cthis
      By Cthis
      Hello all!
      Hope everyone is well.
      I have been following the forum as a guest for quite some time now, so it's nice to finally have an account and be with you all!
      I'm reaching out because I'm having a slight issue with my family's 40 yr old date palm.
      It's been healthy and growing well for many years with little to no maintenance but in the last two years it is struggling to hold onto new leaves and I can't work out why. The area around it was repaved about 8 years ago but it has only been looking poorly for 2/3 years now. The new leaves look healthy initially and very quickly appear slightly burned at the edges, then it doesn't take very long for them to dry out and wilt. Really don't want to lose this guy as he is the pride and joy of the neighborhood.
      Does anyone have idea, what it might be? Fungus, Bugs, Growing Conditions? I'm no expert so it may be something obvious I have missed.
      Is there anything I can do? Just recently I have broken up the pavement surrounding the base of the trunk to ensure it isn't missing out on water (which it very rarely gets due to climate).
      Climate: Mediterranean, Dry Subtropics. Cyprus
      Before (slightly over trimmed here):

After:

Any help would be very much appreciated!
      Thank you,
      Chris