IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Yucca gloriosa or aliofolia

mdsonofthesouth

Looking for some of these. Any variation that trunks and can handle wetness just fine. 

LOWS 16/17 12F, 17/18 3F, 18/19 7F, 19/20 20F

Palms growing in my garden: Trachycarpus Fortunei, Chamaerops Humilis, Chamaerops Humilis var. Cerifera, Rhapidophyllum Hystrix, Sabal Palmetto 

I don't know of any Yucca that can handle wetness. Maybe for short periods of time, but you're probably better off finding something that looks similar that can handle wetness. Good luck. 

Yucca gloriosa are naturalized to my area and I already have 5 and 2 hybrids/close looking yuccas that handle our weather perfectly. Just need more lol.

Palms growing in my garden: Trachycarpus Fortunei, Chamaerops Humilis, Chamaerops Humilis var. Cerifera, Rhapidophyllum Hystrix, Sabal Palmetto 

Next time I see a stalk that isnt mutilated I might just do that. But I'd like to cut out the germination and just plant lol. Problem is they arent easy to find as most folks dont branch out of the "normal" stuff. Also might not take to kindly to me taking them.

Edited by mdsonofthesouth

We grow just about every cold hardy yucca but not this one.  People won't buy them here and usually dig them up and throw them in the trash.  We picked up around a dozen 4' trunk plants a few years ago and rerooted them in 15G pots.  I gave half of them away and threw the other ones away to use the pot to grow something that would sell.

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, TexasColdHardyPalms said:

We grow just about every cold hardy yucca but not this one.  People won't buy them here and usually dig them up and throw them in the trash.  We picked up around a dozen 4' trunk plants a few years ago and rerooted them in 15G pots.  I gave half of them away and threw the other ones away to use the pot to grow something that would sell.

Yall sound like Ocean city...every few years they dig a whole mess of them up and pile then up only for them to come rught back. No need for protection and look amazing if cared for! They grow like mad and succor easily even in clay...especially in sand. 

Edited by mdsonofthesouth

Well if you want to throw them away up here let me know lol.