Sign in to follow this  
pspalms

Rare African Thunbergia Gardenia Trees

pspalms

I have a forest of 14 of these tropical beauties in large containers that I started from seed over 20 years ago.  The flowers are super fragrant like Plumeria and the 5' - 6' trees are loaded with seed pods.  San Diego Botanical Garden has a large specimen and I am sure SD Zoo has these plants, but I have never found any for sale at local nurseries or online that are larger than 1 gal.

$275. each      pick up in Vista CA      Gardenia thunbergia | Plantz Africa

IMG_4284.JPG

IMG_4292.JPG

IMG_4293.JPG

IMG_4299.JPG

• Upvote 2

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• climate change virginia
      By climate change virginia
      Hi is there a hardy alternative to bottle palms that can survive in zone 8a I don't care about the leaves the leaves can be pinnate palmate either one is fine. Thanks. 
      Requirements Zone has to be tolerable of 7b or 8a either one is fine (Does NOT have to be feather palm), Has to have a nice amount trunk. Thanks.
      Hey I was wondering if there was a VERY HARDY alternative to the royal palm, queen palm, coconut palm, or foxtail palm that is fast growing, self seeds like a Washingtonia, and can take temps down to 7-10f. Requirements must be pinnate/feather leaf, grows to around 30-50 feet, slim trunk, preferably easy root system, and NON CLUMPING. I prefer feather over fan but that's my opinion all plants are beautiful. One more thing must be able to take 10f with minimal damage. Don't tell me a pindo those things take forever to grow. We are technically zone 7 but we haven't gone below 10f since the artic blast of 2013-2014. Thanks.
    • PalmatierMeg
      By PalmatierMeg
      I have two Syagrus kellyana that I germinated from seeds about 10 years ago after this species was first described. This is a handsome, stocky medium size palm that starts flowering while at eye level. Unfortunately, so far neither palm has produced ripe seeds. I noticed today that one of them just opened a spathe loaded with yellow flowers. Very cool up close.
      Syagrus kellyana with flowers

New spathe emerging

Second kellyana with unopened spathe

• Hagenseedgrowing
      By Hagenseedgrowing
      The world most northern palm island in Norway outside the port of Stavanger.
      Flor og Fjare is a family business and they had this since 1995
      This island is just stunning!!!
      https://florogfjare.no/en/