IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Free Archontophoenix alexandrae seed

DoomsDave

I’ve got a lot from a local palm nut not me

Send me PM with Free Alex seeds in the message header and I’ll post you some FREE 

worldwide

• Upvote 5

Let's keep our forum fun and friendly.

Any data in this post is provided 'as is' and in no event shall I be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, damages resulting from accuracy or lack thereof, insult, or lost profits or revenue, claims by third parties or for other similar costs, or any special, incidental, or consequential damages arising out of my opinion or the use of this data. The accuracy or reliability of the data is not guaranteed or warranted in any way and I disclaim liability of any kind whatsoever, including, without limitation, liability for quality, performance, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose arising out of the use, or inability to use my data. Other terms may apply.

Hmmmm, probably not a good choice for a Nebraska apartment with 8 foot ceilings...

"Ph'nglui mglw'napalma Funkthulhu R'Lincolnea wgah'palm fhtagn"
"In his house at Lincoln, dread Funkthulhu plants palm trees."

23 hours ago, Funkthulhu said:

Hmmmm, probably not a good choice for a Nebraska apartment with 8 foot ceilings...

For the long term, yes. Though someone somewhere might have a two or three story atrium . . . .

• Upvote 1

Any data in this post is provided 'as is' and in no event shall I be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, damages resulting from accuracy or lack thereof, insult, or lost profits or revenue, claims by third parties or for other similar costs, or any special, incidental, or consequential damages arising out of my opinion or the use of this data. The accuracy or reliability of the data is not guaranteed or warranted in any way and I disclaim liability of any kind whatsoever, including, without limitation, liability for quality, performance, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose arising out of the use, or inability to use my data. Other terms may apply.

23 hours ago, Funkthulhu said:

Eventually donated to Lauritzen though?

• Upvote 1

On 7/10/2018, 7:35:43, DoomsDave said:

For the long term, yes. Though someone somewhere might have a two or three story atrium . . . .

We're moving out of here within the next 6 months, so unless the new place has need of greenery... 

On 7/10/2018, 7:59:04, Hammer said:

Eventually donated to Lauritzen though?

They did take my R.rivularis when it got too big for the vaulted library in my last place. 

OK FINE!  

PM sent....

• Upvote 1

Wow, this is popular!

My daddy donor will be thrilled to hear how much everyone's salivating over the seed!

Best news of all: there's a lot, so keep the requests coming.

• Upvote 2

13 hours ago, Funkthulhu said:

We're moving out of here within the next 6 months, so unless the new place has need of greenery... 

They did take my R.rivularis when it got too big for the vaulted library in my last place. 

OK FINE!  

PM sent....

Ha haaaa!  Btw, Lanoha out on West Center in Omaha has a huge greenhouse where they store palms and tropicals in the winter.  They might be interested in taking it from you down the line for themselves or to resell.  Worth asking if you are up that way.

• Upvote 2

Keep the requests coming. This is a rather hyper-fertile tree.

I'm planning on sending out a lot of envelopes about the middle of next week.

• Upvote 2

Seeds have been cleaned, no funky odors (for a change)

9 hours ago, @NetoPalms said:

PM sent, not sure if you received my request

Send me a private message 

More more more

(how do ya like it how do ya like it?)

More seeds, that is . . .

Plenty for all!

@Andromeda send me your address by private message 

Seeds mailed this morning from Lost Analjuice, California, land of La La.

Seeds HAVE BEEN CLEANED! :rolleyes: No more funky odours or mold and mildew. :D

I've tried to send each recipient a PM (some of you were late, and I'll do another batch).

So far, they're going to: Croatia, Serbia, Germany, UK, Ireland, Poland, Kentucky, Florida, California, [expletive] Nebraska, MA, NY, Morocco, Mexico and Sweden. Among others.

Soak for a few days in water, then plant in 6" (15 cm) deep potting soil, cover with 1/2" (1 cm) soil and keep warm 85 F+ (30 C+) and moist. Should sprout in a month or two.

Let me know when you get them and when they grow.

dave

PS if you asked over the last day or two, there's plenty of seeds still left, I'll send to you too!

• Upvote 4

there's plenty more!

Send me a PM!

It goes without saying that you should make sure to properly label your seeds.  I have a couple pots that had some germinators thrown in a couple months ago, I know they're different species in each pot but damned if I know which is which at this point...

1 hour ago, Funkthulhu said:

It goes without saying that you should make sure to properly label your seeds.  I have a couple pots that had some germinators thrown in a couple months ago, I know they're different species in each pot but damned if I know which is which at this point...

Yes. If I had a dollar for all the seeds I forgot to label, and had to wait for them to grow to see what they were, I'd be uncomfortably well-off.

There's a teensy little species designation on the address label in the lower right hand corner on the ones I mailed on Friday. Or, I (usually) mark what they are on the outside of the envelope.

1 hour ago, Funkthulhu said:

Maybe send a picture? Are they my seeds?

2 hours ago, DoomsDave said:

Maybe send a picture? Are they my seeds?

Yeah, I think they are.  I just need to look at my PM log to see what got mailed when, and then make a guess as to which pile was which in the seed cresh.  I'm pretty sure one of them is franken-brahea.  I see them popping in the germination trough and I don't think, I just transfer to a pot.  Then I spend awhile (years?) trying to figure out what I planted...  :D 

6 minutes ago, Funkthulhu said:

Yeah, I think they are.  I just need to look at my PM log to see what got mailed when, and then make a guess as to which pile was which in the seed cresh.  I'm pretty sure one of them is franken-brahea.  I see them popping in the germination trough and I don't think, I just transfer to a pot.  Then I spend awhile (years?) trying to figure out what I planted...  :D 

Babies can be a bit anon sometimes, but I've sprouted most of the seed I 've sent out at one point or another.

The seeds arrived today to Sweden. Very fast indeed for Postnord, the inefficient Swedish post.

Thank you!

Seeds arrived a week ago, but I just got off my butt to get them at the post office on Friday.  Ready to soak and sow.

Hi Dave,

seeds arrived today. Already soaking and ready to be sown in a few days.

Eckhard

wxBanner?bannertype=wu_bluestripes_metri

Seeds arrived probably last week but I’ve been away. They look sharp, nice and clean. Thanks a lot Dave! Happy sprouting everyone!

And, I've got more left over.

So, give away babies to your friends and give them the palm bug.

And, keep the little sprouts away from kitties and doggies who will eat them . . . .

• Upvote 1