Sign in to follow this  
maxum2610

Few Dypsis decaryi

maxum2610

I picked a few (13 to be exact) seeds of Dypsis decaryi while I was in Alicante Spain a few weeks ago. Will split into 2 lots: 7 and 6 resp.. First come first serve. Send PM.

• Upvote 1

maxum2610

All gone.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• chocolatethunda
      By chocolatethunda
      Hi all,

I finally received seeds I ordered from rarepalmseeds.com here in Aruba (small island in the Dutch Caribbean).
      I would very much appreciate some suggestions on methods for germinating and care after the germination. I will keep updating the thread as they grow for future references.

Below are the suggestions I'm most eager to learn about of the seed type (Dypsis Decaryi)
      Soil Medium for germination? (perlite, peat moss, coco coir?) Soak in water? (how many days, fungicide bath?) Does the sinker/floater test apply to these seeds too? Heat mat? Depth of Pots and soul medium after germination?  

• Tracy
      By Tracy
      My wife entered a raffle at our local YMCA and won a pair of almost identical 1 gallon Dypsis decaryi a couple of years back.  I decided to plant one in my new garden's front yard, with aloes, cycads and other plants which would appreciate westerly exposure and late afternoon sunlight.  The other one I held onto in a pot a little longer before planting where I had extracted my Encephalartos horridus x woodii, which I wanted to transplant to my new home.  The spot in the older garden gets some shade now from more mature palms near it.  While it gets mid-day sun in mid-summer in the old garden, its basically filtered shade most of the rest of the year and other times of day. 
      Now for the comparison in plants below.... pretty amazing.  I can blame a little on the delayed planting as well as a difference in soil (clay in Carlsbad, sandy in Leucadia).  So the lesson is that if you want a beefy triangle, give it sun.  If you like the anorexic look, go with shade.

• Ilovepalm
      By Ilovepalm
      Hi. This is my seeds of dypsis deceryi from Dave  

I hope they will germinate me  The rest of the news is available on my blog in the signature.
    • Pip
      By Pip
      That little montage was from when I aquired my my Dypsis decaryi nearly one and a half years ago when my late Grandmothers estate was finalised. The decaryi did get a bit wind blown during transit but seems to be settled into the ground now. I recently aquired a Ravenea glauca and a Dypsis ambositrea  (possibly Dypsis heteromorpha but most likely ambositrea). I thought about were I should plant them considering where my dogs and lawnmower like to run. I decided to expand the garden bed where the D. decaryi is and plant a few succulents I had in random places including a Nolina recurvata and Pachypodium lamerei. The thunderstorm last night made conditions perfect for planting out.

• GDLWyverex
      By GDLWyverex
      My Dypsis Decaryi threw a large brack of seeds three months ago and seems to have stalled in it's development. The brack is neither growing nor shrinking in size, that I can tell. The seeds don't seem to be changing size nor color either.
      The palm itself is growing like mad. It has 10 fronds in development simultaneously.
      Th whole plant stands about 6 meters tall and is in a 250 Liter tub which it has been inhabiting for some 6 years. It shares the tub with a colony of alpinia zerumbet variegata (Ornamental ginger).
      Is this normal behavior? This is the first time that it has thrown a brack of seeds, so I don't know what is normal for it in that condition and I am not a palm guru.
      Thanks

Richard