• Similar Content

• Tracy
      By Tracy
      La Nina patterns or cooler equatorial sea surface temps from the Central Pacific through to the Easter Tropical Pacific are occurring right now.  These patterns often lead to dry and clear Autumn and Winter weather patterns here in Southern California where I live.  The west coast just experienced a typical La Nina weather pattern last weekend with an inside slider storm coming down the coast with strong winds and leaving us now with cool dry nights and no marine layer.  I hope that this isn't a sign of what is to come as we get deeper into Autumn and enter Winter.  With clear skies, I bottomed out at 39 degrees last night, and even the weather station at Moonlight Beach right on the ocean was reading 43 degrees this morning at first glow. 
      The leaves on my banana plants got pretty beat up, and the Encephalartos laurentiaunus below which is flushing had some leaflets ripped off in the strong winds.  Everything below the wall was protected, while everything above the wall felt the full force of the wind.
      So how are you and your garden doing this during this La Nina Autumn?

• PalmatierMeg
      By PalmatierMeg
      Rainy season in central Cape Coral, FL, commenced Friday, May 22 at 6 p.m. with rumbling thunder and the Whoosh! of a gullywasher that dropped 2" of rain in less than an hour on our parched 0.61 acre of Paradise. That is the most rain I've seen in the past 6 months as we've been in an extended drought. We have 80% chance of rain this coming week.
    • UK_Palms
      By UK_Palms
      Taking into account your observations when gardening, and specifically growing palms, have you noticed any genuine change in your climate, or evidence of global warming? Or have you become aware through education and through the media?
      I'm just wondering what people's thoughts are on here...?
    • PalmTreeDude
      By PalmTreeDude
      What exactly are sunset climate zones? I tried to look it up and basically every site just says, "it takes in all the factors of growing in a climate" and then doesn't really explain it. Is a higher number good or bad? What's the scale?