DoomsDave

Free Caryota mitis seed!

DoomsDave
On 8/15/2018, 6:34:04, Funkthulhu said:

So far it is only the big ones, no smalls even look active at this point.

That's helpful.

Chris Wilson

3 of my Caryota Mitis seeds have started germinating, the first one just started popping out of the soil the other day. So far the only ones to germinate are the bigger seeds.

IMG_5596.JPG

• Upvote 3

Palmensammler

Hi Dave,

first two seedlings here too. Both are the bigger seeds.

Pictures will follow soon.

Eckhard

Chris Wilson

7 months ago I had 3 seeds germinate about the same time, I lost 2 of them during winter. My one remaining seedling is doing well but seems kind of slow. I noticed today that it finally opened up its first leaf and it looks like it might be variegated? The rest of my seeds still look good so maybe I will have some more seedlings this year.

IMG_0733.JPG

IMG_0725.JPG

IMG_0731.JPG

• Like 1

DoomsDave
On 3/28/2019 at 8:34 PM, Chris Wilson said:

7 months ago I had 3 seeds germinate about the same time, I lost 2 of them during winter. My one remaining seedling is doing well but seems kind of slow. I noticed today that it finally opened up its first leaf and it looks like it might be variegated? The rest of my seeds still look good so maybe I will have some more seedlings this year.

IMG_0733.JPG

IMG_0725.JPG

IMG_0731.JPG

How's the Variegated Baby doing now?

They're really striking when they get bigger. I've got one I'm trying to figure out where to plant in the garden, and it's getting impressive.

ZenMan 1

Great bargains ahead, free Caryota mitis seeds, I'm in.  I'm interested Dave. Here's mail address!Address.jpg

Palmensammler

Hi dave,

my two Caryota from your seeds. They groe slowly but steadily.

Have some variegated ones from a guy in Thailand which germinated. Hope they show variegated leaves.1725980678_20190725_1940101.thumb.jpg.0fa02c1270accc3f5bbbdfc4aa301f14.jpg

• Like 1

DoomsDave

Keep the baby pictures coming!

I got five to sprout, just moved them into 1 gallon pots. They're moving right along.

Palmensammler

Hi Dave,

Did you also send variegated seeds? Looks like one of my two babies shows some kind of variegation. 

Eckhard 

Chris Wilson
On 7/18/2019 at 2:07 PM, DoomsDave said:

How's the Variegated Baby doing now?

They're really striking when they get bigger. I've got one I'm trying to figure out where to plant in the garden, and it's getting impressive.

I'm still not sure if it's variegated or not, I think it may have just looked like that from lack of sunlight since I had it in the house. The first leaf got burnt from too much sunlight this spring when I took it back out. 

IMG_9984.JPG

Funkthulhu

AHA!!!  

I'm trying to move to a new house and trying to also identify everything before it goes over.  It seems I was in a hurry when some seeds were planted last year and I'm at a loss.  Some of my seedlings don't have labels, but now I see the family resemblance!  This one now has its papers in order again and will receive safe passage to the new digs...  

• Like 1