Sign in to follow this  
John in Andalucia

Rhopalostylis baueri 'Norfolk Is.' seeds

maxum2610

Just came back from holiday. Three hatched while I was away.:D

Matthew92

I'm a little worried about my seeds :unsure: It's been over a month. I took all 10 and put them in small pots with potting soil and perlite for good drainage (same as I've done for other palms I've sprouted). Buried them just below the soil surface, and have them outside in part shade/sun. I don't let them completely dry out and they get rained on. At first we were having temps only up to the 80's, but as of late we've had a lot of 90's- I wasn't attentive to this as much as I should of and I'm thinking it probably has been inhibiting them to germinate being a palm from a cool climate. I dug up a couple and they looked just the same as when I planted them. Thankfully they haven't rotted or anything yet and are still hard. I recently put them all into just about full shade under a more dense tree. I'm wondering if I should take some inside into cooler temps. I really thought some would have sprouted by now with the rains we've been having- usually most palm seeds I've sprouted can't resist a good rain to make them germinate. I know it also could be a little early still, but with the other comments of people on here having their's sprout, I am a little concerned. I think I may end up pulling at least half of them to put in a bag with sphagnum moss.

Edit: Hahaha :floor:- well I just assumed they all were like the couple unsprouted ones I dug up. I just dug up a 3rd and there was a root coming out! Ok, I think I may just let them be.

Edited by Opal92

Phoenikakias

I am perhaps the last person, who got hold of such seeds from same batch. Many seeds started germinating after two weeks in a sealed ice cream box placed outside in full shade facing only the north. Rest of the seeds keep germinating now, while first sprouts appeared (formation of aerial parts).

Edited by Phoenikakias

Josue Diaz

Mine have just poked out of the soil

20180807_131438.jpg

Ben in Norcal

Mine are coming up too

caixeta

Of 10 seeds , 7 germinated with 95b6db7da5d65d_Corymbiacitriodora004.thum5b6db7e8b99d1_Corymbiacitriodora005.thum0 days . 8 seeds were elongated ,germinated 7 , 2 seeds round did not germinated yet .       Thanks John .

• Upvote 1

necturus

Nearly all of my decorative beads germinated. Thanks again, John! 

Phoenikakias
On 10/8/2018, 7:06:18, caixeta said:

Of 10 seeds , 7 germinated with 95b6db7da5d65d_Corymbiacitriodora004.thum5b6db7e8b99d1_Corymbiacitriodora005.thum0 days . 8 seeds were elongated ,germinated 7 , 2 seeds round did not germinated yet .       Thanks John .

Same score here!

michal272727

are there any palm seeds yet?

John in Andalucia
On 12/05/2018, 12:37:39, John in Andalucia said:

This freebie offer is now closed, so congrats to everyone with seeds! 

Sorry, you're about 5 months too late. This offer closed back in May. 

Ben in Norcal
1 hour ago, John in Andalucia said:

Sorry, you're about 5 months too late. This offer closed back in May. 

He's just bumping every thread.

• Upvote 2