IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Rhopalostylis baueri 'Norfolk Is.' seeds

John in Andalucia

I have fresh seeds of Rhopalostylis baueri 'Norfolk Is.' to give away, kindly donated by EPS member Alan Hancox. The seeds have now been cleaned and are ready to ship from the UK. Postage and packaging costs only.

10 seeds per envelope. Shipping worldwide (Non-tracked only). 

Destinations:
UK (Royal Mail - First Class) - £1.75
Europe (Royal Mail - International Standard) - £3.20
Worldwide (Royal Mail - International Standard) - £4.25

P&P costs to be paid in GBP via PayPal.

If you have any queries or questions, please feel free to ask!

This offer and additional photos is also listed here: freshseeds

Below is a photo of the mother tree taken by Alan, in his home town of Tauranga, New Zealand.

DSCF0837.JPG

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Seeds are going out today to those who paid their postage already. :)

For those who didn't spot it, there's a direct PayPal payment link on my classified ad here: freshseeds

Or if it's allowed, the link is: http://paypal.me/freshseeds

Plenty more seeds available, but do remember the seeds are being sent without tracking, as it doesn't really justify triple cost for International.

Time instead, to put our faith in the postal services! 5-7 working days is the estimate from the UK to Worldwide, and 3-5 days to European destinations.

Free seeds are making their way to USA, Brasil, UK, Germany, Spain and Croatia to -

Dave, Mauricio, Christopher, Ian, Eckhard, Daniel, David, Alicia, Chris, Matthew, Francis, Ben and Danira!

• Upvote 1

Hi John,

thanks so much, can't wait to see them grow (if they germinate :rolleyes:) tt's one of my favourites :wub:

Eckhard

wxBanner?bannertype=wu_bluestripes_metri

With Belgium - now 7 countries, and more seeds going to - Victor, Bruno, Ed and Matthew M. 

• Upvote 1

Any tips for germinating this one? Anything to do different vs. more tropical/warmer climate species?

22 hours ago, Opal92 said:

Any tips for germinating this one? Anything to do different vs. more tropical/warmer climate species?

I shouldn't think you'd need any more heat than you have now (58 - 75F in NW Florida?). We've just had a mini heat wave in London that saw about the same temps, and it triggered some R. sapida seeds I've had in a bag for less than 4 weeks. I definitely think the swing in temperature (day/night) was beneficial.

• Upvote 1

Seeds have been posted to 8 countries to the following:
Dave, Mauricio, Christopher, Ian, Eckhard, Daniel, David, Alicia, Chris, Matthew, Francis, Ben, Danira, Victor, Bruno, Ed, Matthew M., Frank, Julio, Petr, Tony, Josue, Tom, David G, Ray, Andrej and Stéphane 

Some of the recipients are EPS forum members, the forum of the European Palm Society.

Still plenty more seeds to go around!

• Upvote 1

Now 9 countries - and more seeds on their way to Mark, Venkat, Matt and Derrick!

Seeds arrived today in Germany. Thanks again John

Eckhard

From 3 random seeds (of nearly 600) received on 14th April, 2 have germinated already with temperatures in the range of 10 - 20 C / 50-70 F.

Happy growing! :greenthumb:

John, that sounds really good. Mine will be sown today. Can't wait to see the first sprouts...

Eckhard

Got home from my latest plant buying trip and have finally gotten you paid. Thank you! 

On 2/5/2018, 11:20:50, Josue Diaz said:

Got mine in Fresno today. Thanks! 

20180502_130041.jpg

I love the customs declaration...

On 11/05/2018, 11:08:48, Phoenikakias said:

I love the customs declaration...

You mean you want to grow them?? :hmm:

The finished beads should like like this..

Good luck with the necklace! :D

064d829ab4a00a6bbdfedba5a9cd31d2.jpg

• Upvote 2

23 hours ago, caixeta said:

My seeds  arrived too .:drool: .Thank you very much .

Good to hear it, Mauricio! I know you were concerned about Standard letter mail to Brasil..

This freebie offer is now closed, so congrats to everyone with seeds! 

The remaining seeds in a bag of soil as I don't think it does them good to 'stew' in their own moisture. Half of the remaining seeds are blackish-looking, as they'd probably been nibbled on the ground, and having cut a few open, some of the embryos look to be turning off-white. So, it's time to get the rest sprouting to see what's left!

Happy growing! :greenthumb:

2 hours ago, John in Andalucia said:

You mean you want to grow them?? :hmm:

The finished beads should like like this..

Good luck with the necklace! :D

064d829ab4a00a6bbdfedba5a9cd31d2.jpg

It's ok, I do it all the time myself...

Had a look into the community pot and it looks like mine started too. Saw a few big white dots

Eckhard