• WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Where Can I Buy Needle And Sabal Minor Palm Online Or What Stires Carry Them?

Nj Palms

Hey I was just wondering Where Can I Buy Needle And Sabal Minor Palm Online Or What Stores Carry Them?Any comments are tons of help!

You can look on eBay, but I always recommend getting them from @TexasColdHardyPalms

• Upvote 1

Lakeland, FL

USDA Zone (2012): 9b | Sunset Zone: 26 | Record Low: 20F/-6.67C (1985, 1962) | Record Low USDA Zone: 9a | 30-Year Avg. Low: 30F | 30-year Min: 24F

Yes I was highly considering buying his palm seedlings the rest are very expensive for such small plants he had the best deal on eBay any other places, stores?

*Sometimes* in marginal climates, big box stores will carry needle palms (rhapidophyllum hystrix) in blue pots.  Use your favorite internet search and use Rhapidophyllum hystrix, Sabal Minor 'McCurtain', Sabal Minor 'Arkansas' as search criteria.  You can also look in the Palm Growers section of the Palm Exchange forums on here to check out potential vendors:

http://www.palmtalk.org/forum/index.php?/forum/32-palm-growerbuyer-ratings/

It's spring up there, so if you want to plant this year, time's a wasting ;)

Lakeland, FL

USDA Zone (2012): 9b | Sunset Zone: 26 | Record Low: 20F/-6.67C (1985, 1962) | Record Low USDA Zone: 9a | 30-Year Avg. Low: 30F | 30-year Min: 24F

1 hour ago, Nj Palms said:

Hey I was just wondering Where Can I Buy Needle And Sabal Minor Palm Online Or What Stores Carry Them?Any comments are tons of help!

Our Lowe’s got a bunch of Needles in last year. They have one 25 gallon blue pot one unsold still. It’s pretty big, about 3ft. tall for $68. 

Sabals minors I’ve only seen in nurseries though. 

Edited by Estlander

Thx a lot, spring is so slow here a couple trees have buds but we are expecting snow on Saturday lol!

@TexasColdHardyPalms Sells them but only I can buy them lol just kidding! Will be picking up another needle from him soon as I get some of his trachycarpus.

LOWS 16/17 12F, 17/18 3F, 18/19 7F, 19/20 20F

Palms growing in my garden: Trachycarpus Fortunei, Chamaerops Humilis, Chamaerops Humilis var. Cerifera, Rhapidophyllum Hystrix, Sabal Palmetto 

I will be ordering from him I looked on his eBay and couldn't find the needles definitely getting Sabal Minor and needle palm maybe Trachy fortunei!

PM me and I can help you out.  Only a very small portion of what we have is online.

5 hours ago, Laaz said:

Home Depot has huge 7 gal's for $39 right now here in Charleston.

Never understood why they dont sell them here but are fine with selling trachycarpus, chamaerops and livistona... for $39 I'd buy a bunch. The nursery i went to today only had these but they were renovating and didnt tell me when I called that their stock would be low... These were $299. Very tempting to say the least!20180408_132300.thumb.jpg.512f3610c7ddce

Edited by mdsonofthesouth

LOWS 16/17 12F, 17/18 3F, 18/19 7F, 19/20 20F

Palms growing in my garden: Trachycarpus Fortunei, Chamaerops Humilis, Chamaerops Humilis var. Cerifera, Rhapidophyllum Hystrix, Sabal Palmetto 

For 300$ it's better just the buy a bunch of little ones or better buy tons of seeds and start a full forest and local population of needles lol!

Mail order natives has 7 gallons for 60 bucks I think but you would have to wait until they are back in stock great deal.