DoomsDave

Mo' Free Franken Brahea seeds

Chris Wilson

Franken Brahea seedlings 6 months old.

IMG_9981.JPG

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

Marius

Franken Brahea seedlings about 2-3 months old. Looks like all seeds sprouted. 

0A47C67B-6D93-4AE5-A125-BF6C831126BA.jpeg

• Like 2

Marius

Thanks Dave 

• Like 1

JohnAndSancho

I'm intrigued if these are available again @DoomsDave

Fallen Munk
56 minutes ago, JohnAndSancho said:

Same.  I have a couple of these seedlings that @Josue Diaz sent me as freebies, but after they were in the mail for about a month over the holidays, they don't look so hot.

JohnAndSancho
6 minutes ago, Fallen Munk said:

Same.  I have a couple of these seedlings that @Josue Diaz sent me as freebies, but after they were in the mail for about a month over the holidays, they don't look so hot.

@GoatLockerGuns sent me some sprouted xmas palm seeds and my local post office held them for a couple weeks then delivered them on a 30° day. Hope they sprout lol 

Fallen Munk
23 minutes ago, JohnAndSancho said:

@GoatLockerGuns sent me some sprouted xmas palm seeds and my local post office held them for a couple weeks then delivered them on a 30° day. Hope they sprout lol 

My seedlings were in the mail so long that they started composting.  The box smelled like an old lawnmower bag that got put away without emptying.

• Upvote 1

JohnAndSancho
12 minutes ago, Fallen Munk said:

My seedlings were in the mail so long that they started composting.  The box smelled like an old lawnmower bag that got put away without emptying.

Mine showed up right before snowpacalypse. What's funny is I could have walked to San Antonio and back twice in the time it took for them to get here. They were still moist, just cold. 

DoomsDave
11 hours ago, JohnAndSancho said:

10 hours ago, Fallen Munk said:

Shoot me PMs.

Merlyn
5 hours ago, DoomsDave said:

Shoot me PMs.

Ooooo....does this mean the FrankenBraheApocalypse is on for 2021?  :D :D :D

• Upvote 1

DoomsDave
1 hour ago, Merlyn said:

Ooooo....does this mean the FrankenBraheApocalypse is on for 2021?  :D :D :D

When does it ever STOP?

• Like 1

DoomsDave
On 2/24/2021 at 10:26 AM, Marius said:

Franken Brahea seedlings about 2-3 months old. Looks like all seeds sprouted. 

0A47C67B-6D93-4AE5-A125-BF6C831126BA.jpeg

On 2/24/2021 at 10:27 AM, Marius said:

Thanks Dave 

You're so welcome!

I so look forward to seeing them tower over the High Veldt! And thrilling your neighbours . . . .

• Upvote 1

DoomsDave
On 9/30/2019 at 7:08 PM, Chris Wilson said:

Franken Brahea seedlings 6 months old.

IMG_9981.JPG

Wow, those look great, better than mine!

DoomsDave
On 1/10/2019 at 6:51 AM, Marius said:

I finally got my seeds. Thanks very much Dave. Going to soak them now

image.jpg

Hmm. October 1 to Jan of 2019, a bit of a while.

Marius
9 hours ago, DoomsDave said:

Hmm. October 1 to Jan of 2019, a bit of a while.

I guess it’s all part and parcel of living in Africa 

Brian mac
On 4/1/2018 at 11:58 PM, DoomsDave said:

Wow, it's Easter evening, and I sit, gazing at a HUGE amount of Brahea hybrid seeds, needing a home, and love.

Below is a picture of the parent. GORGEOUS, I think.(Pic below.) 10 M (30 feet) tall, 3.33 M (10 feet) across crown, about 2 - 3 feet (.6 - 1 M) across base of trunk (without leaf bases). This plant is awesome.

I've sent many seed before, and I'll send many more again. These will take heat, cold, and more water than most Braheas. What is not to love?

If you want seeds, FREE OF CHARGE send me a Private Message ("PM") with "Brahea seeds" in the topic, and your mailing address, and some seeds will be yours!

Happy (no, ECSTATIC) palm growing!

IMG_4675.thumb.JPG.ec3193d84bb9430e370cd

Hey Dave. I’m looking always for different Dypsis seeds/seedlings if you have or if not send me in the right direction to one who might. Thank you sir

amh

Just got mine today, Thanks!

Waiting a week or so for the weather to warm up.

• Like 1

Reyes Vargas
On 4/1/2018 at 10:58 PM, DoomsDave said:

Wow, it's Easter evening, and I sit, gazing at a HUGE amount of Brahea hybrid seeds, needing a home, and love.

Below is a picture of the parent. GORGEOUS, I think.(Pic below.) 10 M (30 feet) tall, 3.33 M (10 feet) across crown, about 2 - 3 feet (.6 - 1 M) across base of trunk (without leaf bases). This plant is awesome.

I've sent many seed before, and I'll send many more again. These will take heat, cold, and more water than most Braheas. What is not to love?

If you want seeds, FREE OF CHARGE send me a Private Message ("PM") with "Brahea seeds" in the topic, and your mailing address, and some seeds will be yours!

Happy (no, ECSTATIC) palm growing!

IMG_4675.thumb.JPG.ec3193d84bb9430e370cd

Got the seeds today but the postal service did a number on the packages.  I'm pretty sure I lost some seeds.  Thanks anyways for your generosity.  I will plant the seeds immediately.

20210316_123648.jpg

• Like 1

amh
4 minutes ago, Reyes Vargas said:

Got the seeds today but the postal service did a number on the packages.  I'm pretty sure I lost some seeds.  Thanks anyways for your generosity.  I will plant the seeds immediately.

20210316_123648.jpg

The good thing is that the seeds are too hard to crush under normal conditions.:D

• Like 2

jimmyt

That is a new twist on “Going Postal”! :o

image.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

DoomsDave
3 hours ago, Reyes Vargas said:

20210316_123648.jpg

Ouch

sorry to see but you’re only missing a couple seeds at most, maybe three

soak all of them then plant them in individual liners or use the baggie method but be careful to shift to individual pots before the roots develop much

• Upvote 1

Meangreen94z

Don’t forget me Dave:D

Aleks

Now Franken Brahea seeds are going to Ukraine.  Thanks Dave. :greenthumb: