There’s plenty more for the asking 

so ask and yes shall receive 

or at least I’ll send....

abdulsamad

HI Dave :D

you supply of some seeds, please

thanks 

DoomsDave

Send your requests, and I'll let them accumulate for a week, maybe two, depending on the level of interest, then send out envelopes to requesters all at once.

• Upvote 2

Mostapha

Pm. Sent.

Happy belated Birthday

Thanks Mark

• Upvote 1

DoomsDave

Anyone want some more?

So far, I'm sending seeds to UK, Saudi Arabia, NC, NY, Belgium and Switzerland.

• Upvote 1

jimmyt

You have been Notified   :D

Palmensammler

Today my first seed germinated :D

Thanks Dave.

The others (Archies, Coccothrinax) seem to fail.

Eckhard

• Upvote 1

DoomsDave
On 11/2/2018, 8:47:11, jimmyt said:

You have been Notified   :D

AND EXPLETIVE TEXAS

• Upvote 1

kinzyjr
On 11/2/2018, 8:49:42, DoomsDave said:

Anyone want some more?

So far, I'm sending seeds to UK, Saudi Arabia, NC, NY, Belgium and Switzerland.

I got skunked on the last batch.  Let me have another crack at it.

DoomsDave
Just now, kinzyjr said:

I got skunked on the last batch.  Let me have another crack at it.

This here seed thang's a crapshoot.

Oh yeah.

Try try again and you'll be a winner if you get one to sprout. I've had spotty germ rates.

Scream at the dogs . . . .

• Upvote 1

DoomsDave

Mailed out some envelopes yesterday.

Some to Texas, Florida, NY, UK, Suisse, and to two SAs: Saudi Arabia and South Africa!

Glad to share the palmy love. Recipients should have gotten a PM, if you didn't let me know so I can double check that I didn't leave you off the list by mistake.

Happy palm growing, and spread the gospel of Palmy Love!

• Upvote 3

jimmyt

Hey Dave,

Did you leave out the Texas expletive?  Dang it! :rant:

Best Wishes, jimmyt :innocent:

DoomsDave
4 minutes ago, jimmyt said:

Hey Dave,

Did you leave out the Texas expletive?  Dang it! :rant:

Best Wishes, jimmyt :innocent:

Texas is one big [expleteived][expletive]!

Expletive . . . .

jimmyt

Biggest Expletives are in Texas!   For sure........

• Upvote 1

Subwoofer

Received today, thanks alot!

Will keep you posted with the progress. :interesting:

abdulsamad

Hey Dave 

the seeds reached safely to SA :D

1E7B594C-7E44-4A05-BB81-0A405633AF41.jpeg

Edited by abdulsamad
  • Upvote 3

NOT A TA

PM sent! Will try them in S FL!

FishEyeAquaculture

I decided to try the “decapsulation method” discussed earlier in this thread. And wouldn’t you know it, 6 days later, we have an emerging root!!!!

3436C45E-81C8-42A4-8800-18D4E4AB8577.jpeg

• Upvote 6

FishEyeAquaculture

Sometimes a little bit of success can go a long way!

763DCA1A-78E6-4FD7-B13F-ABBDA2081959.jpeg

• Upvote 4

dekaoxtoyra

i will be very glad to try fresh seeds as gift

if you want sent also to me:

george tsopozidis

the son kosmas matoulas

palio agioneri 57011

greece

Marius

I finally got my seeds. Thanks very much Dave. Going to soak them now

image.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

jimmyt

@Marius Yea for you finally!

• Upvote 1

Marius
38 minutes ago, jimmyt said:

@Marius Yea for you finally!

Indeed. Thanks Jimmy 

hoping that they will germinate soon 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Zifool

It's possible to have again seeds Dave ?? :wub:

Jos Mannaart

Topic up and running for 10 months already. My Brahea armata are germinating from august 2018 and fastest has already 2 leaves. Hope there is possibility to receive some seeds of these

thiebeter

Seeds arrived safe and sound :lol: Thanks so much to the wish-fulfilling seedbox! Awsome Dave, keep rocking and posting

• Like 1

Merlyn2220
On 1/20/2019 at 10:34 AM, Zifool said:

It's possible to have again seeds Dave ?? :wub:

I think Dave is intentionally ignoring this topic.  He's trying to avoid spreading around more seed, you know, to avoid the FrankenBaheApocalypse where they spread everywhere and take over the world after becoming sentient.  Either that, or I've been watching too many scifi movies.  :D

NOT A TA
33 minutes ago, Merlyn2220 said:

I think Dave is intentionally ignoring this topic.  He's trying to avoid spreading around more seed, you know, to avoid the FrankenBaheApocalypse where they spread everywhere and take over the world after becoming sentient.  Either that, or I've been watching too many scifi movies.  :D

I sent a PM back in Dec.  Figured if another batch became available I'd get some going, save one for myself, and set the others free to take over S FL and start DoomsFrankenBraheaApocalypse from this corner of the country.

• Like 1

DoomsDave

I think I'm out for the time being, but there's a big crop coming along, likely this summer.

DoomsDave
18 hours ago, NOT A TA said:

I sent a PM back in Dec.  Figured if another batch became available I'd get some going, save one for myself, and set the others free to take over S FL and start DoomsFrankenBraheaApocalypse from this corner of the country.

The Braheapocalypse is coming! Mua ha ha ha ha

• Like 2

DoomsDave

EVERYONE

I'm out of Brahea hybrid seeds for now.

I'll advise in a new thread when they're available, and ask that you send me requests then.

Chris Wilson

After almost a year my first Brahea seed has germinated!

IMG_0736.JPG

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

jimmyt

Your patience had finally paid you back!  Way to go!

• Like 1

Chris Wilson

1 year later they all started germinating at the same time.

IMG_0948.JPG

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

DoomsDave
13 hours ago, Chris Wilson said:

1 year later they all started germinating at the same time.

IMG_0948.JPG

Whoo hoo!

We're making a serious palm nut out of you!

Did you do the "scarification" method?

Might try that.

• Like 1

Chris Wilson
7 hours ago, DoomsDave said:

Did you do the "scarification" method?

No, I just had them in a zip lock bag in soil.

FishEyeAquaculture

A little update on our "Franken-Brahea" .  Seeds arrived in late November 2018.  We used the "scarification" method, and by 12/13/18, we had roots popping!  Around 1/2/19, the emerging palm broke through the surface saying, "Hello World"!  

These pictures were taken yesterday, 4/9/19.  Nice little palm seedlings, planted in 1gal containers.  Most have only two strap leaves, but a couple have three already.  Leaves have a blueish hue, similar to that of a Butia, and roots are wandering out of the bottom of the pots.  

I am curious to see how these will fair over the next 9 months, as the Central Florida climate will only get wetter and hotter...but for now, I am really excited about this hybrids growth!!!!

image1 (3).jpeg

image2 (3).jpeg

• Like 3

Grasswing

Hi Brahea growers,

these are my Franken babies about a year later. They are definitely starting to show some silver! (The first one from the left is B. aculeata for comparison)

20190615_181444.thumb.jpg.360698f5f0a25b8aeabd52a04762e378.jpg

Regards

Ondra

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1