IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Jubaea Chilensis Forsale

neoflora

I have a large Jubaea Chilensis forsale. Its was grown from a seed from the blue Jubaea in Mission Bay, San Diego. It is in a tub that is 4'across and is very heavy. It needs a home ! i have reduced price to sell it! Asking 1200 usd! Call me @ 949 2356187. Thanks

4320l71PR1G9henc2yTjrw.jpg

• Upvote 5

Ok , I would be interested in it for 600usd , there’s some additional cost involved in moving on your end. 

Tks for the info!

nickolas 

If I lived in Cali, that would have been snatched up and planted right out in front of the house.:wub:

Not a problem getting that big boy on a low rider trailer. Or rent a truck with a lift gate. :wub:

One of the first palms I ever fell in love with. :wub:

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Coral Gables, FL 8 miles North of Fairchild USDA Zone 10B

22 minutes ago, Moose said:

If I lived in Cali, that would have been snatched up and planted right out in front of the house.:wub:

Not a problem getting that big boy on a low rider trailer. Or rent a truck with a lift gate. :wub:

One of the first palms I ever fell in love with. :wub:

You are truly in love with :D

Moose you are absolutely right! Its a bargain! Also can be loaded easy on a trailer or a truck! I set it in its location so it could slide into a truck! Also dropped the price a lot from what i was asking!

• 2 months later...
6 hours ago, neoflora said:

Thanks for offer! But price is 1200!

Just out of curiosity, what size tub is the palm in? From looking at the pictures I would say that thing would be in a 36 inch box no problem if not bigger. If so, don’t think $1200 is a bad price for a big beautiful jubaea.  

I have seen 24 inch box jubaeas going for $500 but I believe this palm is a lot bigger than that. Prices at most nursuries drastically increase once they reach the 36 inch box size. At least that was my experience when I bought my jubaea. 

It would be in at least a 48” box ! The tub it is in is 40” across! It is a deal for size of palm it is!

Call up moon valley or east west trees and ask for a wholesale price for a 48" Jubaea and you will be quoted significantly higher than Neoflora's asking price.  The last 48" box Jubaea we purchased was $2200 and came with a semi load of 25G JxB F1's . A few folks here are completely out of touch with large Jubaea prices.  

• Like 1

Price is set by the seller. While free to discuss whether you agree or not offline, you can’t voice your opinion in the thread. If you don’t like the price, just click off the post. Thanks!

• Upvote 9

Len

Vista, CA (Zone 10a)

Shadowridge Area

"Show me your garden and I shall tell you what you are."

-- Alfred Austin

• 2 weeks later...

No need for machinery to load! Layed it down one direction then lifted back up other direction into truck! The Moose was right!

SxF1R+cJSR+UYwNf0%+UaQ.jpg

• Like 3
  • Upvote 5

• 3 years later...

its so root bound would have loved to see a follow up video of them taking it out of the pot and planting it.

• Like 2

On 1/10/2022 at 10:42 PM, vistaprime said:

its so root bound would have loved to see a follow up video of them taking it out of the pot and planting it.

Pot had to be cut off, for sure.

• Like 1