• Similar Content

• Cindy Adair
      By Cindy Adair
      On PT I see all the stunning photos and descriptions of past and future travel with the International Palm Society. 
      Here’s the group of us on the unforgettable Sarawak, Borneo pre tour in 2016.

I recall times I almost did not sign up due to time, family and work constraints and costs involved.
      However every time it is only the trips I missed that I regret.
      And the friendships I have made across the world are at least as important as the sights and experiences.
      I took my first IPS trip using hoarded airline points through a country I had to find on a map (Qatar) to a place of my dreams (Thailand) in 2012, based primarily on comments by Palm Talk users I had never met.
      I am asking all of you now who have traveled anywhere on an IPS sponsored trip to post why you loved your trip(s). 
      Photos always welcome, but not required. 
    • Kevin S
      By Kevin S
      Just got back from a vacation in Thailand.  Saw a coconut palm I wish I had.

• mistifarang
      By mistifarang
      Can somebody give me an ID for this palm tree? Location: Thailand.

• jardinierpalmiertrat
      By jardinierpalmiertrat
      Anyone knows this tree?

• Xerarch
      By Xerarch
      So I saw an episode of Bizzare Foods with Andrew Zimmern. He was in Thailand and bought a small coconut at the market, he really liked the flavor of the coconut water inside, said it was a lot stronger flavor than in other coconuts. The coconut seemed fairly small and was white in color instead of brown, the outer husk was already gone, so didn't see what color it was. Anyone have any idea what kind of coconut this was? Anyone have a tree?