IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Free Cocothrinax dussiana seed

DoomsDave

Seeds arrived, will plant this week!

Thanks, Dave!

• Upvote 1

"Ph'nglui mglw'napalma Funkthulhu R'Lincolnea wgah'palm fhtagn"
"In his house at Lincoln, dread Funkthulhu plants palm trees."

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

@Dave. There is food coming to the reindeer: D
Coccothrinax barbadensis seeds sown 13.2. Now they look promising.

20180320_095216.jpg

Edited by cisco
  • Upvote 3

DoomsDave,

I received the coccothrinax seeds today. Picked them up from the post office.  No floaters!   Germination to start tomorrow!

Thanks again.

jimmyt

• Upvote 1

DoomsDave,

thanks, I have coccothrinax seeds reached to Suadi Arabia a month ago, under germination now. will update when I see them sprouting 

generous donors! 

thanks again 

IMG_9093.jpg

• Upvote 3

So far, you're all doing better than me.

I'm waiting.

Palms and patience begin with a "P",

• Upvote 2

Let's keep our forum fun and friendly.

Any data in this post is provided 'as is' and in no event shall I be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, damages resulting from accuracy or lack thereof, insult, or lost profits or revenue, claims by third parties or for other similar costs, or any special, incidental, or consequential damages arising out of my opinion or the use of this data. The accuracy or reliability of the data is not guaranteed or warranted in any way and I disclaim liability of any kind whatsoever, including, without limitation, liability for quality, performance, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose arising out of the use, or inability to use my data. Other terms may apply.

On 3/31/2018, 5:01:58, Ilovepalm said:

My cocothrinax are not germinating yet :( 

She is not fast to germinate, dear.

Wait, months, and growth will start. And continue. And continue. And, if no growth will mail new ones.

• Upvote 1

Any data in this post is provided 'as is' and in no event shall I be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, damages resulting from accuracy or lack thereof, insult, or lost profits or revenue, claims by third parties or for other similar costs, or any special, incidental, or consequential damages arising out of my opinion or the use of this data. The accuracy or reliability of the data is not guaranteed or warranted in any way and I disclaim liability of any kind whatsoever, including, without limitation, liability for quality, performance, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose arising out of the use, or inability to use my data. Other terms may apply.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

1 hour ago, cisco said:

Update. It's a boy! :D

20180617_223948.jpg

Congratulations mom, looks just like his grandma in California. Cute little thing. Best if luck. Try to keep us all updated.

Mark

• Upvote 1

I forgot to label the pile when I got these... but I think some finally germinated this week!  They're in pots now, we'll see what happens!

• Upvote 1

"Ph'nglui mglw'napalma Funkthulhu R'Lincolnea wgah'palm fhtagn"
"In his house at Lincoln, dread Funkthulhu plants palm trees."

My first batch is popping nicely 

9478B5FF-C7E2-4A79-AF27-678E69399BAC.thu

• Upvote 5

15 hours ago, @NetoPalms said:

Any more of these seeds available?

Send me your address, via private message.

On 19.06.2018, 14:18:43, DoomsDave said:

My first batch is popping nicely 

9478B5FF-C7E2-4A79-AF27-678E69399BAC.thu

Wow, gratulations! My seeds not sprouted :(

• 3 months later...
On 6/20/2018, 9:21:43, Ilovepalm said:

Still?

15 hours ago, DoomsDave said:

Still?

On 6/20/2018, 11:21:43, Ilovepalm said:

Same here - all rotted :(  Tried 4 different methods and different substrate with same results.  AFF!

• Upvote 1

Jon Sunder

okay, I had one batch from one tree do a lot better than a different batch from another

If my good tree produces more, I'll send out more.

On 17.10.2018, 04:18:02, DoomsDave said:

Still?

Yes :( Archontophoenix also.

Edited by Ilovepalm
  • Upvote 1

• 2 months later...

Hello Dave

Any more avuable?

Because 
I did not succeed last year germination. If you want i pays shiping coast. 

Thank you.

Cordialy Marc

---------------AfrikaansAlbanaisAllemandAmhariqueAnglaisArabeArménienAzériBasqueBengaliBiélorusseBirmanBosniaqueBulgareCatalanCebuanoChewaChinois (simplifié)Chinois (traditionnel)CingalaisCoréenCorseCréole haïtienCroateDanoisEspagnolEspérantoEstonienFinnoisFrançaisFrison occidentalGaélique écossaisGalicienGalloisGéorgienGoudjeratiGrecHaoussaHawaïenHébreuHindiHmongHongroisIgboIndonésienIrlandaisIslandaisItalienJaponaisJavanaisKannadaKazakhKhmerKirghizeKurdeLaoLatinLettonLituanienLuxembourgeoisMacédonienMalaisMalayalamMalgacheMaltaisMaoriMarathiMongolNéerlandaisNépalaisNorvégienOurdouOuzbekPachtoPendjabiPersanPolonaisPortugaisRoumainRusseSamoanSerbeShonaSindhiSlovaqueSlovèneSomaliSotho du SudSoundanaisSuédoisSwahiliTadjikTagalogTamoulTchèqueTélougouThaïTurcUkrainienVietnamienXhosaYiddishYorubaZoulouAnglais

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hello Dave!

Coccothrinax barbadensis "Reindeer Food" seedling is one year old now. The growth rate is very slow, so I'm afraid that the reindeer will die of hunger before this palm is bigger :D

20190213_092212.jpg

20190213_094235.jpg

• Like 2

7 hours ago, cisco said:

Coccothrinax barbadensis "Reindeer Food" seedling is one year old now

Nice to see you post again Tuija - your seedlings are looking great!  I guess the reindeer will just have to wait!

• Like 2

Jon Sunder