Kim

Funny ads on PalmTalk

Kim

I am seeing some hilarious ads on PalmTalk today. 

Okay, I tend to dress modestly, but whiskey tango foxtrot? Not into witchcraft or goth, by the way... :o:lol:

5a4ae8eb70833_ScreenShot2018-01-01at6.12

Tracy S

What? I look good in it!

bgl

Simple suggestions! :mrlooney: You can either go with it - OR NOT! :lol:

PS. And I get ads from ETrailer.com and "Survival Skills Lost to History"! Why? :huh:

TexasColdHardyPalms

That looks like a Halloween costume to me...  Is that what people are wearing today? 

Missi
22 hours ago, TexasColdHardyPalms said:

...  Is that what people are wearing today? 

NO. 

Palm crazy

That coat would be in fashion here in the Olympia area for sure... lots of witches and tons of hippies here. I do love my shaved  head and full beard. Olympia was in Time magazine once as the most hippest cities in America. Any thing goes here, LOL and I love it for that reason. 

Lots of dumpster diving fashion here, I'd love to have these pants for gardening in... they keep showing up on my screen. LOL! 

15639165454737860574.jpg

Edited by Palm crazy
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Silas_Sancona

You all get the good ads, while I get the "re-finance your home / get out of debt" advertisements.. go figure, lol:floor::indifferent:

TexasColdHardyPalms

@Silas_SanconaThe internet knows us too well??? 

My ads are boring.... Buick cars, Saddleback leather company and one for jewelry.  I don't know where the car ad came from but perhaps my wife has been looking at jewlery? 

• Upvote 1

kinzyjr

@Palm crazy I used to wear the MC Hammer version of those pants back in the 80s...

@Silas_Sancona You just need so surf the right sites and build up a "less boring" collection of cookies to get the good ads ;)

• Upvote 1

Sandy Loam

Yeah, those Google Ads are supposed to be engineered and tailored to our unique needs, desires and demographics based on data cookies, aren't they?   So, Kim, Google has carefully selected the goth coat just for you, and PalmCrazy, those MC Hammer trousers were hand-picked to suit your discriminating taste (or possibly your hipsterific zip code).  I wish they'd target me for something cool like that.  All I get are holiday ads.      

Laaz

Or just use AdBlock & never see any of that garbage.

PALM MOD
5 minutes ago, Laaz said:

Or just use AdBlock & never see any of that garbage.

Adblock users sure don't help support PalmTalk - unless they are IPS Members - or donate from time to time.

The ads are there for a reason. And the costs to bring PalmTalk to you grow as PalmTalk grows. 

• Upvote 2

Laaz

Is anyone really going to purchase 99% of this stuff? Many people consider these ads & other popups an annoyance. Just my opinion, but I have never clicked on or purchased anything through a ad or popup. No offense intended.

Silas_Sancona
3 hours ago, kinzyjr said:

@Palm crazy I used to wear the MC Hammer version of those pants back in the 80s...

@Silas_Sancona You just need so surf the right sites and build up a "less boring" collection of cookies to get the good ads ;)

@TexasColdHardyPalms The  refinancing ads might apply if i owned a home.. Perhaps the Great Web Conscious thinks window shopping over "land for sale "ads on Zillow counts. Concur with the get out of debt ads.. I'm sure I'm not the only plant geek who has spent just a wee to much from time to time, (.." looks at credit card bill, doh!") :D

@kinzyjr.. lol, I guess it could be worse, we could be seeing those Russian dating site ads:hmm: Thats ok though, this, currently single guy, prefers women from warmer places. Spicy enough yet?:innocent:

Edited by Silas_Sancona
Edit
  • Upvote 1

Kim
3 hours ago, Sandy Loam said:

Yeah, those Google Ads are supposed to be engineered and tailored to our unique needs, desires and demographics based on data cookies, aren't they?   So, Kim, Google has carefully selected the goth coat just for you, and PalmCrazy, those MC Hammer trousers were hand-picked to suit your discriminating taste (or possibly your hipsterific zip code).  I wish they'd target me for something cool like that.  All I get are holiday ads.      

A few days later I was getting ads for furniture and cooking/barbecue items, so who knows?  I do search online for clothing and purchase online but nothing resembling the black hooded ensemble displayed above. (I'm not that cool.) Once I did buy from an ad, recently, come to think of it, but the ad was for the exact item I had searched and it showed a price cut. Ding ding ding! Today I'm getting ads for vacation condos in Kauai. :innocent:

• Upvote 1

TexasColdHardyPalms

I couldn't resist the urge after this thread and I had to click on that Gamiss ad and searched around on there just out of sheer curiosity.... The lion face hoodie was interesting.

• Upvote 2

Missi

You have to be careful with websites like Gamiss and similar looking ones. You don't actually get the item of clothing or accessory in the photo. You get a SUPER cheap made in China (at the worst, unskilled sweat shop ever) knockoff. Always Google the online shop's name + 'review' before placing an order with a company whose name you don't recognize. If the prices look too good to be true, they usually are.

https://www.trustpilot.com/review/www.gamiss.com

TexasColdHardyPalms

@PALM MOD so, if we click on the ads more will they be more likely to renew their ad campaigns, which will help the site?

PALM MOD
3 hours ago, TexasColdHardyPalms said:

@PALM MOD so, if we click on the ads more will they be more likely to renew their ad campaigns, which will help the site?

Google Ads (Adsense), which these are, have super strict policies forbidding the clicking on ads for the sole purpose of increasing ad revenue for the "Publisher" (Palmtalk). So it is critical not to click on ads unless you really wish to learn more about the product. Doing so could have us designated as an abuser of their ad system. We would no longer be eligible to earn any revenue, and it is next to impossible to appeal any such ruling and be reinstated.

TexasColdHardyPalms

10-4, no clicking.

PalmTreeDude

I have clicked on one that I found interesting, it was a garden kit that had a bunch of different digging tools, gloves, etc. I am still considering buying it. 

DoomsDave

I get ads like this for animal shelters.

DoomsDave
On 1/3/2018, 8:28:34, Palm crazy said:

That coat would be in fashion here in the Olympia area for sure... lots of witches and tons of hippies here. I do love my shaved  head and full beard. Olympia was in Time magazine once as the most hippest cities in America. Any thing goes here, LOL and I love it for that reason. 

Lots of dumpster diving fashion here, I'd love to have these pants for gardening in... they keep showing up on my screen. LOL! 

15639165454737860574.jpg

WHISKEY

TANGO

FOX-EXPLETIVE-TROT! :bemused:

• Upvote 1

TexasColdHardyPalms

I wouldn't mind seeing how those jungle pants like along with that witch hoodie. That would get some attention for sure.

Sandy Loam

...especially in Texas

kinzyjr

I did the pants in the 80s, but the pants and the hoodie? here or in Texas?  That's asking to end up in the wrong section of the newspaper!

Sandy Loam

... the Lakeland classifieds?

Edited by Sandy Loam

kinzyjr
14 minutes ago, Sandy Loam said:

... the Lakeland classifieds?

LMAO!  More like the Missing Persons section or the Obituaries...

Silas_Sancona
17 minutes ago, kinzyjr said:

LMAO!  More like the Missing Persons section or the Obituaries...

.. Not sure what part of town you're in but I'd wager anyone bold enough to wear the outfit, that I remember seeing around Tampa or Clearwater could probably handle themselves, with ease. Think MMA, crazy group of boys and gals.

kinzyjr

@Silas_Sancona The side of town I'm on now, they'd just take a picture on their overpriced phones and laugh.  The side of town I used to live on... let's just say it got famous for drive-by's so I moved.

DoomsDave

Howeadypsis

Like, wow!

IMG_20180106_151333.png

• Upvote 2

kinzyjr

Now I finally know where @DoomsDave got those red shoes from!

• Upvote 3

Silas_Sancona
12 hours ago, kinzyjr said:

@Silas_Sancona The side of town I'm on now, they'd just take a picture on their overpriced phones and laugh.  The side of town I used to live on... let's just say it got famous for drive-by's so I moved.

Lol, very true. Then again, we had both flavors (and then some) on the street we'd lived on when in Bradenton.. and that was supposedly a better part of town. I could literally write two chapters in a book about our normal, and not so normal neighbors there. 

Flipping the coin for a sec, as colorful as these clothing choice ads might be, imagine if some of the crazy fashion trends that surfaced last year actually caught on..

Romphim anyone? ..or  a pair of detachable, clear knee mom jeans anyone??:wacko: By far the best had to be the skirts made from dry cleaning bags, or car mats. Whaoza!

• Upvote 2

Sandy Loam

I live in a funky college town, so it's all car mats and dry cleaning bags here.

Edited by Sandy Loam

DoomsDave
7 hours ago, Sandy Loam said:

I live in a funky college town, so it's all car mats and dry cleaning bags here.

WHOA

climate change virginia

I have got some strange ads.