IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Hunnigton Gardens, California

Chatta

Saw mostly Trichocereus as thats my focus at least on that visit.
I grow a lot of these kinds of cacti in FL.

IMG_0881e.jpg

IMG_0885e.jpg

IMG_0886e.jpg

IMG_0888e.jpg

IMG_0889e.jpg

IMG_0892e.jpg

IMG_0893e.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

Looking for:  crytostachys hybrids, Pseudophoenix sargentii Leucothrinax morrisii, livingstona canarensis

IMG_0894e.jpg

IMG_0895e.jpg

IMG_0896e.jpg

IMG_0907e.jpg

IMG_0911e.jpg

IMG_0912e.jpg

IMG_0919e.jpg

IMG_0925e.jpg

• Upvote 5

Looking for:  crytostachys hybrids, Pseudophoenix sargentii Leucothrinax morrisii, livingstona canarensis

IMG_0926e.jpg

IMG_0927e.jpg

IMG_0928e.jpg

IMG_0929e.jpg

IMG_0938e.jpg

IMG_0961e.jpg

• Upvote 5

IMG_0963e.jpg

IMG_0964e.jpg

IMG_0965e.jpg

IMG_0966e.jpg

IMG_0967e.jpg

• Upvote 4

• 2 weeks later...

They had a lot of pachypodium there right by the cactus garden.  Very nice place!

• Upvote 1

Is that place having a desert climate ? Since cactus and succulents are very happy and have grown well.

Thanks for the visuals.

Love,

Kris.

love conquers all..

43278.gif

While just my humble my opinion, Huntington is the "Fairchild" of the west. Can't wait to roam the gardens again  (didn't get to explore all the plots, even after being there for 5 hours last time I visited) .. and add to my own Echino/ Trichocereus collection. They have a few things pretty much impossible to find elsewhere. 

Glad you enjoyed your visit. You'll have to share pictures of your personal collection back in Tampa sometime ( if you haven't yet..) I only know of acouple people who were growing trichoceri back there.

• Upvote 1

@Kris That garden is in Los Angeles and not more than 10 miles from downtown, the Hollywood sign, and sunset strip.  Virtually all of southern California that isn't irrigated is a desert.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Silas_Sancona said:

While just my humble my opinion, Huntington is the "Fairchild" of the west. Can't wait to roam the gardens again  (didn't get to explore all the plots, even after being there for 5 hours last time I visited) .. and add to my own Echino/ Trichocereus collection. They have a few things pretty much impossible to find elsewhere. 

Glad you enjoyed your visit. You'll have to share pictures of your personal collection back in Tampa sometime ( if you haven't yet..) I only know of acouple people who were growing trichoceri back there.

Absolutely! I'll post close ups if ya like ;) ... maybe somewhere on topic tho haha. I have a lot more but these are just the group shots

p20171216_162634.jpg

p20171231_173650.jpg

Edited by Chatta
  • Upvote 2

4 hours ago, TexasColdHardyPalms said:

@Kris That garden is in Los Angeles and not more than 10 miles from downtown, the Hollywood sign, and sunset strip.  Virtually all of southern California that isn't irrigated is a desert.

Okay I understand.Thanks for the info.No doubt date palms and citrus fruits are cultivated in california state.So middle east,Mediterranean regions all have similar dry and arid climate.

Love,

Kris.

love conquers all..

43278.gif