• Similar Content

• JohnAndSancho
      By JohnAndSancho
      Ok. So I mentioned in another thread I tested positive for Covid, so I've got some time off of work and I've got a few projects. 
      @DoomsDave sent me a bunch of C. Radicalis seeds. The last time I tried to do anything with seeds, I was a kid trying to grow illegal substances. Didn't work. Let's hope this goes better. 

Also going to split up my 3 clumps of C. Elegans and plop them into these 3" pots and give most of them to my staff at work. I'm gonna keep the biggest ones for myself because I'm a jerk. 

Also gonna try a semi hydro experiment with this Majesty. Bought a pot that doesn't drain and a bunch of LECA. From what I've read on here, it should be pretty basic - water a lot and add diluted liquid fertilizer, and I'm hoping it adds enough weight to the plant because this thing blows over every time the wind blows. 

Also going to dose my L. Ramsayi and C. Macrocarpa with some Superthrive because they're still struggling to acclimate. 

Maybe after that I'll teach myself how to put images in-line in a post vs just posting attachments 

• peachy
      By peachy
      Peachy is on the move but most of the stuff here is too big to take with me.  As the entire place is being bulldozed I can't bear to see the palms destroyed, so anyone with a spade is welcome to come and help themselves. There is a 2 week deadline however.
    • mdsonofthesouth
      By mdsonofthesouth
      DoomsDave sent me some seeds and im germinting(or attempting to) Chamadorea radicalis in my bedroom. Soaked the seeds for a few days and planted not long ago. Now its watering and waiting lol!
      House is low 70s so might be slow going, might invest in a warming pad.

• mdsonofthesouth
      By mdsonofthesouth
      DoomsDave sent me some seeds and im germinting(or attempting to) Chamadorea radicalis in my bedroom. Soaked the seeds for a few days and planted not long ago. Now its watering and waiting lol!
      House is low 70s so might be slow going, might invest in a warming pad.

• Funkthulhu
      By Funkthulhu
      Greetings Palmers!

I'm helping my significant other move back to the baked frozen tundra, and so I will be in Florida next week.

I'll have some free time here and there (I think). Is there anything going on in the Ft. Lauderdale area on or around the weekend of the 21-22nd?

Obviously I'll be filling my pockets with every seed, nut and pod I can get my hands on. Are there any palm-centric things I should make sure to see before I drive back to corn country?

Cheers!

-Erik