IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Alternatives to "Ma PayPal"?

DoomsDave

PayPal's customer service has failed, and the PSSC would like a new remote payment service.

Anyone have any experiences with non-PayPal service providers?

Thanks so much.

dave

Let's keep our forum fun and friendly.

Any data in this post is provided 'as is' and in no event shall I be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, damages resulting from accuracy or lack thereof, insult, or lost profits or revenue, claims by third parties or for other similar costs, or any special, incidental, or consequential damages arising out of my opinion or the use of this data. The accuracy or reliability of the data is not guaranteed or warranted in any way and I disclaim liability of any kind whatsoever, including, without limitation, liability for quality, performance, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose arising out of the use, or inability to use my data. Other terms may apply.

What did they do to you? I've used them from day one - I think that is over 10 years now. Never had a problem - so never really had to contact customer service. I transfer funds from them, and in and out of various accounts without a hitch ever - business and personal. Should I or the IPS be concerned?

Trouble is - you may choose another provider, but will the people that need to pay you? I already have PayPal and Apple Pay. I wouldn't sign up for Google Wallet just to pay the PSSC.

Thanks to those of you who help make this a fun and friendly forum.

One problem is that Pay Pal no longer makes buttons to insert in your website for payment. They say, "go to tools and it's there" but it's not.

Attempts to email them with a query result in a circular routing through "articles" that do not answer the question.

Attempts to call them don't work because you can't get a live person on the line.

Another problem is they want to charge a lot for propriety credit card handling at PSSC meetings.

Any data in this post is provided 'as is' and in no event shall I be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, damages resulting from accuracy or lack thereof, insult, or lost profits or revenue, claims by third parties or for other similar costs, or any special, incidental, or consequential damages arising out of my opinion or the use of this data. The accuracy or reliability of the data is not guaranteed or warranted in any way and I disclaim liability of any kind whatsoever, including, without limitation, liability for quality, performance, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose arising out of the use, or inability to use my data. Other terms may apply.

Dave - I just checked - buttons are still there under Tools. Just click Tools, then "All Tools" and it's there.

Getting live people on the line with these big tech companies can be a drag. They want you to make sure that you have looked carefully enough for your answer first, and that you exhaust every avenue with their "self help" and FAQs before you can talk to someone. But the answer is usually there if you look. And it is a lot faster than by phone. 

And yes, I agree - I was it was cheaper, but you pay for the convenience and ubiquity. Setting up your own Credit Card gateway online isn't that cheap or easy. And adding Grade A phone support would only make it more expensive.

Buttons are not there. They say they are but they’re just not there.

Yes they are - go to "Tools," then click on "All Tools" and scroll to the bottom.

Screen Shot 2017-12-12 at 10.22.34 AM.png

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, PALM MOD said:

Yes they are - go to "Tools," then click on "All Tools" and scroll to the bottom.

Screen Shot 2017-12-12 at 10.22.34 AM.png

Nope.

Not on the PSSC's account.

Finally got it to work. They had it squirreled off in another area.

:rant::rant:

We still want to use another system for on-site credit cards. Any thoughts in that regard still appreciated.

THANKS DEAN for your help! :greenthumb:

You're welcome. I've never used it to collect, but hear about these people a lot. But to repeat, I've never used it, but have paid people using it.

https://squareup.com/payments?signup=true&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIoLSc3sGF2AIVl5d-Ch2-5Q2QEAAYASAAEgL4jfD_BwE&pcrid=234607068129&pdv=c&pkw=square+credit+card+reader&pmt=e

1 hour ago, PALM MOD said:

You're welcome. I've never used it to collect, but hear about these people a lot. But to repeat, I've never used it, but have paid people using it.

https://squareup.com/payments?signup=true&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIoLSc3sGF2AIVl5d-Ch2-5Q2QEAAYASAAEgL4jfD_BwE&pcrid=234607068129&pdv=c&pkw=square+credit+card+reader&pmt=e

Thanks!

I know 2 people who run coffee cart businesses on Square, and they are very happy with it.

• Upvote 1

Kim Cyr

Between the beach and the bays, Point Loma, San Diego, California USA
and on a 300 year-old lava flow, Pahoa, Hawaii, 1/4 mile from the 2018 flow
All characters  in this work are fictitious. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.

20 hours ago, PALM MOD said:

17 hours ago, Palm Tree Jim said:

Square is a good option.

4 hours ago, Kim said:

I know 2 people who run coffee cart businesses on Square, and they are very happy with it.

Thanks to all of you!

On 12/11/2017, 3:49:24, PALM MOD said:

Getting live people on the line with these big tech companies can be a drag. 

Not really. When I  want the latest weather updates in Kjerbidelistan I  just ring up Directv.

I used to use square but went to 100% paypal for personal and business.  I had major issues getting a large foreign and domestic transactions through square which until I kept calling repeatedly for days just seem to have pocketed the money as it was never returned to the party that sent the payment.  On non-business accounts paypal will put a partial hold on large transactions until funds have cleared, but they always go through in an acceptable amount of time. I've never had issue with the Paypal business account whatsoever.  They have been extremely helpful and even replaced hardware free of charge.

On 12/12/2017, 5:27:20, PALM MOD said:

Dave, I have been using square with my phone for over 5 years and it works good.  Supports Android & Apple.  They support EVERY CC, and even debit cards that have the MC or Visa symbol on them.  2.75% fee on all charges.  I have researched other CC payment services and found Square to be the best.  Of course, I have not had any issues w/ Paypal either.  Good Luck!

• Upvote 1