Sign in to follow this  
Palm crazy

What is the coldest time of the year for you?

Palm crazy

I thought this map was interesting enough to share… I've alway thought it was interesting that the coldest time on the year on the west coast is in December, but much later on the East coast. My coldest time is mid December after that the days start to warm up but the nights can still be very cold. What is your coldest time of the Year? 

noaa-coldest-day-of-year.jpg

• Upvote 3

PalmatierMeg

The map indicates my median coldest period is Jan 11-15. The coldest morning I've experienced in 25 years in SWFL is Jan. 11, 2010: 28.5F. Before I saw the chart I was going to say Jan. is generally our coldest month, although I have to watch out for late Dec. & early Feb. when it comes to truly tropical palms.

• Upvote 1

TexasColdHardyPalms

January for sure. Chart says jan 6-10. 

• Upvote 1

kinzyjr

Chart is accurate for me.  Jan. 11th-15th.  That's very close to the coldest days of Jan. 2010.

• Upvote 1

pin38

Coldest month in Denver is December, so it's accurate for me as well.

• Upvote 1

Funkthulhu

Negative singles and teens in mid to Late January. . . when we've had 70 degree days the last few years.  Thanks jet-stream destabilization!

• Upvote 1