Palmela

Nikau Jungle,Kahurangi National Park

Palmela

Just back from a week of exploration in the Kahurangi National Park-New Zealand and wanted to share the beauty of the place...Dream on!!!

IMG_5826.JPG

IMG_5775.JPG

IMG_5777.JPG

IMG_5787.JPG

IMG_5801.JPG

IMG_5810.JPG

IMG_5811.JPG

IMG_5813.JPG

IMG_5823.JPG

• Upvote 30

Darold Petty

Thank you SO MUCH for these wonderful, habitat photographs !  :greenthumb:

Mike Evans

Beautiful place.  Looked at it on Google maps and hardly any roads in the park.  How did you get around in there?  Thanks for posting, post more if you have them.

realarch

Beautiful! 

I was up by Greymouth not too long ago and was in heaven with the forest of Nikau palms along the coast.

Thanks for the post.

Tim

Palmensammler

Thanks a lot for sharing.

Once in my life I have to come to New Zealand to see all these beauties. I'm addicted to Nikaus:yay:

Eckhard

TexasColdHardyPalms

Very nice!!

Sanips

wow, wonderful pics. I especially love the first one with the rata trees in bloom.

Kim

Absolutely gorgeous! Thanks for sharing your experience!

jardinierpalmiertrat

Amazing place! Very nice pictures 

doranakandawatta

Very nice pictures , very peutifful photos! 

• Upvote 1

PalmCode

Amazing, Iv'e gotta check that place out if I'm ever in the south island for sure.

Alberto

Wow, wow, wow. Drooling

Are the red flowering trees  Metrosideros excelsa [pohutukawa] ?

Very nice stands  of nikaus. 

Edited by Alberto

colin Peters

And I thought this was paradise, that is beautiful, gotta go there sometime. Thanks for sharing 

aloha

Tyrone

Gotta get me to NZ.

Cindy Adair

You made my morning more special with these photos!

New Zealand has long been one of many places on my travel wish list, but you have nudged it closer to the top!

Wow!

Thank you so much.

hbernstein

Habitat pictures are the best. These are dream-like! Thanks!

Panamajack

Gorgeous, gorgeous! 

Dave-Vero

Friends (a family actually) with the option to live in the US or NZ narrowly gave up a chance to move to northern South Island, their favorite bit of the country.  A US job was just too good to pass up.  Of course I've been paying attention to their like of the region.  Now, there's splendid photos to further whet.  

Red trees.  Rātā and/or pōhutukawa?  It seems the season.  I of course had to check spelling.  

I've been to Punakaiki/Paparoa National Park.  Didn't make it to Cape Foulwind but have been to Cape Foulweather.  Capt. Cook almost repeated himself.

steve99

Awesome place & pics.    Walking along that deserted beach is on my wishlist.  :greenthumb:

Tracy

Very nice.... so many things to see on South Island.  We visited the Nikau palms in Paparoa to the south of where you were, but missed Kahurangi, opting for Tasman Abel instead.  Interestingly, even though Tasman Abel is very close to Kahurangi we didn't see any Nikau palms within the park.

20170311-104A5899.jpg

• Upvote 4

Yunder Wækraus

WOW!!!! amazing!

palmfriend

Breathtakingly beautiful habitat photos - thank you so much for sharing!

best regards

Lars