IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Kentiopsis piersoniorum

Daryl

I just went outside to take a photo of my young Kentiopsis piersoniorum to compare to the recent post on K.oliviformis and found this little fella enjoying my palms too!

piers-snake1.jpg

piers-snake2.jpg

Daryl

Gold Coast, Queensland Latitude 28S. Mild, Humid Subtropical climate. Rainfall - not consistent enough!

what kinda snake izzat?i imagine they keep the varmint population down.

the "prince of snarkness."

still "warning-free."

san diego,california,left coast.

Daryl, the snake is cool, but show more of the Piersoniorum, Please! :D

Zone 10a at best after 2007 AND 2013, on SW facing hill, 1 1/2 miles from coast in Oceanside, CA. 30-98 degrees, and 45-80deg. about 95% of the time.

"The great workman of nature is time."   ,  "Genius is nothing but a great aptitude for patience."

-George-Louis Leclerc de Buffon-

I do some experiments and learning in my garden with palms so you don't have to experience the pain! Look at my old threads to find various observations and tips!

Paul, just a tree snake. Bill, here is another photo...as you can see it is still a small palm...slow from seed! Hopefully it will speed up once it is fully established in the ground.

Daryl.

piers3.jpg

Gold Coast, Queensland Latitude 28S. Mild, Humid Subtropical climate. Rainfall - not consistent enough!

Nice tree!  I have one of these.  A bit slow but no problems throught the winter.  I have a Hedyscepe about 5 feet away and it had some burn from this last frost/freeze we had.  No problems with the Kentiopsis.

Dana Point Tropicals - C-27 License #906810

(949) 542-0999

Kentiopsis is a beautiful genus. Rather tricky to grow as I'm finding out for myself.

Frank

Zone 9b pine flatlands

humid/hot summers; dry/cool winters

with yearly freezes

Dear Daryl  :)

nice stills in natural habitate  :D  though iam not a fan of

weak looking palms or plants.still i did admire one thing ?

its your camera.the equipment is totally first class,and had

no artifacts or unnatural colouration of any kind.WOW !

and its clear that you know to operate this machine very

well. :)

thanks for the snake stills,

Love,

Kris  :)

love conquers all..

43278.gif

Very cool. I like that glaucous color very much.

Cincinnati, Ohio USA & Mindo, Ecuador

Thanks Daryl, looks about like mine. I'll post soon, I hope.

Bill

Zone 10a at best after 2007 AND 2013, on SW facing hill, 1 1/2 miles from coast in Oceanside, CA. 30-98 degrees, and 45-80deg. about 95% of the time.

"The great workman of nature is time."   ,  "Genius is nothing but a great aptitude for patience."

I do some experiments and learning in my garden with palms so you don't have to experience the pain! Look at my old threads to find various observations and tips!

• 3 years later...

Daryl,

Any updated photos of this? :)

tks for the comments. This palm got flattened about 18 months ago by an animal in the middle of the night (probably a kangaroo) It ended up laying flat on the ground and I thought I'd lose it. However, after some propping up, it has made a full recovery, but is still soooo slow! I will charge up the camera and take a snap in the next day or two.

regards,

Daryl

Bad news, good news, better news! :D

• 4 years later...

Is this palm still around Daryl?

Sure is Bill...it has been really slow though...probably getting over its near-death experience! Plus I think it is in too much shade these days...maybe time to dig it up and put it in a sunny spot...

post-42-0-07136200-1432775601_thumb.jpg

Great to hear Daryl... is that palm overhead now or are you laying on your back??? hahah

It's about 7-8 ft tall now, but stretched as you can see by the petiole length.. :)

Snakes love NewCal palms. Great palm Daryl.

Happy Gardening

Cheers,

Wal

Queensland, Australia.