IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Hybrid Phoenix Reclinata Palm Planting Work_Oct 2017

Kris

Dear Friends,

This give me immense pleasure in welcoming you all to another palm planting work at Kris garden.This planting is so special for me due to more than one reason..I wish to give you an brief introduction as from where this phoenix palm came to me.This was among few phoenix palms that were sent to me as palm saplings by our forum member by name M@x,who lives in Rome,Italy.This palm was growing in our garden for few years now and everytime when i wanted to plant it on the ground i could not do due to some personal work or the other.

Only now i was able to plant this baby in ground with the help of our forum friend Mr. Bo-Goran. And what more can a palm enthusiast ask for. Having 3 IPS members in our garden was moment worth to be cherished for a lifetime by me.My sincere thanks to Mr. Bo-Goran,Kim and Mr.Haresh for visiting our garden.And special thanks to Mr.Bo-Goran for planting this palm on our request.

A brief description of this Hybrid Phoenix Reclinata Palm :  Phoenix Reclinata x Dactylifera x Roebelenii x Rupicola.

For those who want to see some mature specimens of Phoenix Reclinata Palms and their details kindly visit the following links :

http://www.palmpedia.net/wiki/Phoenix_reclinata

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phoenix_reclinata

And stills and video of this work is posted in the following post.Hope you all like it.

Thanks and Love,

Kris.

Edited by Kris

love conquers all..

43278.gif

Now Lets see the main planting event.Mr.Bo-Goran planted this phoenix palm on 15/October/2017 at around 10;35am at Kris garden,in Chennai.

09_rxdxrxr.thumb.jpg.ae749f99fc237a2e5da

010_rxdxrxr.thumb.jpg.9409a628be943b2b5d

In the following post you will see the video of this palm planting work.

• Upvote 1

love conquers all..

43278.gif

Here is the video of that planting work :

Thank you Sir for your time and it was a pleasure meeting you and talking to you about palms.

Lots of love,

Kris.

• Upvote 1

love conquers all..

43278.gif