sgvcns

Vietnam seeds super fresh

sgvcns

Hi all

I am still in Hanoi for the next few days but thought I would gauge interest.

I have a small number of the following that I am willing to trade for seeds of understorey small palms of a similar Ilk.

I would not think there is any species seeding in California that would be of interest but happy to be proven wrong.

I am not interested in RPS seed that has not sprouted yet as I want as  fresh as these are.

Lanonia magalonii,calciphila and centralis

Pinanga declinata and annamensis(would have to be good for this)

Licuala glaberrima

Caryota monostachya

Happy to swap for seedlings if Aussie shipping

Thanks for looking but I have zero interest in selling these at the moment.

I also have Areca triandra seed which I would be more flexible about a swap as it's not in the league of the rest

Cheers

Steve

• Upvote 1

sgvcns

Sorry forgot to say PM me with any offers. I will try to respond quickly

Steve

• Upvote 1

sgvcns

Done the final inventory and can add limited amount of Pinanga baviensis to the list

Cheers

Steve

• Upvote 1

sgvcns

Images

P annamensisP1000028.thumb.JPG.ba21ed34db2131eab79a8

L glaberrimaP1000037.thumb.JPG.1aa5646c7535b4a653829

Lan magaloniiP1000162.JPG.cdaee84ccd98fa1720ae2ac9b0c

Lan centralisP1000249.thumb.JPG.a10953baeb5c8b9a3b7b8

Lan calciphilaP1000407.thumb.JPG.df361a450340af4cd4dc8

Pin declinataP1000205.thumb.JPG.cb70d07756d3136036f47

Pin baviensisP1000387.thumb.JPG.f59c08f402294e075dda3

Car monostachyaP1000400.JPG.1333ac41b8f3791e517ea32a550

• Upvote 1

sgvcns

OK I am prepared to consider future palm seed for swap now from credible growers with palms I am interested in.

Cheers

Steve

• Upvote 1

sgvcns

These Vietnamese seed are super fast.

Pinanga annamensis and baviensis already sprouting. 

Lanonia won't be far behindP1000493.thumb.JPG.f52d541905c49df46f5efP1000494.thumb.JPG.b5a2ced8bfb081a6bd0e6

• Upvote 1

sgvcns

Up to 75% germination on most of these so do not suspect seed will be available after the end of the month

Cheers

Steve

• Upvote 1

sgvcns

Just had a look at the seeds and they're nearly all sprouted.

Will post some for sale that I could find non germinated for sale.

These are no longer for trade

Steve

• Upvote 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• Kaname-kun
      By Kaname-kun
      A wholesaler/grower in South FL is offering what they call Pinanga "Purple Haze," which they say is a hybrid. Anyone know anything about this? It looks like it has some P. speciosa color in it, but the fronds are more upright and smaller and the new shoots seem to be pink. (Interesting choice of varietal name, since I believe "Purple Haze" is the best-known marijuana hybrid in the world.)

• PalmatierMeg
      By PalmatierMeg
      I have a couple boxes full of 4" pots of Pinanga coronata/kuhlii seedlings that are 1-2 years old. See link below
      http://www.palmpedia.net/wiki/Pinanga_coronata

Pinanga coronata/kuhlii Seedlings in 4" pots: $3.00 each. Minimum order = 7 plants ($21)   NOTE: I am listing other palm seedlings and you are welcome to mix & match species
      Shipping = $10.00  No shipping outside the US. No shipping to HI
      Seedlings will be sent without pots and soil, with roots wrapped in damp orchid moss, clear wrap and foil.
      Payment via Paypal. PM me if you are interested
      Photos

• ellidro
      By ellidro
      Last year (Feb 2019) I bought some Lanonia hexasepala seeds from RPS. They still have yet to germinate but I've been told by a keen grower who has germinated these in the past they take 12 months. Ive checked on the seeds and they are still good (not rotten). I recently purchased another lot of lanonia hexasepala seeds from RPS and they are much smaller. The first batch are circular and between 5-8 mm. The second batch are also circular but between 3-5mm. Anyone have an idea of what size they are supposed to be? Curious if I have two different seeds types and if so which ones are the real deal, if any.
      First batch on the left, second batch on the right.

• JenRiot321
      By JenRiot321
      Hi! I’ve been hoping to get a caryota gigas/obtusa for quite a while but I haven’t been able to make it happen. I would love to get a smallish tree up to about a 10 gallon but a seedling or two or fresh seed would make me just as happy! 

If you have anything that you’re looking to sell, please let me know!

I’m willing to drive within about 45ish minutes from San Diego (basically anywhere within the county or just north) or pay to ship here. Whatever is easiest for you! 

This is has been a dream species for me ever since I became interested in palms, and despite the fact that they’re not that uncommon, especially down here, I just can’t get my hands one one and that makes me sad to no end. 

Thanks for checking this out! I hope to hear from you! 

Jen
    • SilverDragon
      By SilverDragon
      Please DM me with any offers for seeds/seedlings of Pinanga coronata (ivory cane palm).